where to buy cska or other khl gear in moscow?

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
which moscow team would you say is the most popular in moscow?

i thought it would be cska and somebody said told me that spartak is the real team of moscow and that if i wear cska stuff it's likely i'll get rocks thrown at me

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
which moscow team would you say is the most popular in moscow?

i thought it would be cska and somebody said told me that spartak is the real team of moscow and that if i wear cska stuff it's likely i'll get rocks thrown at me

There are different aspects to it. Per soviet tradition there also football teams with the same name. And due to the low popularity of sports in general in Moscow football fans are often playing a filler role at hockey. And those guys are let's say less civilized. It's only a Moscow thing that footbal fans of CSKA and Spartak initiate serious brawls after games of hockey. It's unheard of actually in the hockey fan culture in Russia. But it's definitely not like you get in trouble for just wearing some gear in the city.

And yes, for the same reason of tradition(sort of unity of football and hockey fans of the same teams) obne can say Spartak is the franchise with the broader fanbase as football Spartak fans woudld support hockey Spartek too. Obviously right now the hockey version of Spartak is going through tough times and try to recover more than anything else, so there is not much success while CSKA is a prime contender now.

I can tell you that it is often a traditional thing a family thing. There are generations of Spartak fans or CSKA fans or Dynamo fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad