Where to buy a jersey online?

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I figure people here may already know this so thought I would ask... Best place online to get a Jersey and lettering a numbering? It's fine if they are different places. I'm hoping for the Reebok Edge Black with the full body Shark (couple years old?) or the new Adidas stealth as a 2nd choice. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
If you do a search on here there are a couple of threads on it. Cool hockey is where I think I bought mine plus there is one other place i can't remember. I just went with the one with the best deal on at the time.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
There was a post on here a while back with a link to a site that specializes in vintage jerseys. I clicked it and almost bought an old Nolan jersey. I’m sorry but I don’t remember the site name.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I bought my used McLaren jersey on eBay, my Pavelski jersey online from a retailer in the east bay (don't remember the name) on sale, and I bought my daughter's Marleau jersey at the store in the arena.

Bought my Skorodenski jersey from hockeyjerseyoutlet, and some others from fanatic.com.

Never had an issue with any vendor, or seller on eBay. When it comes to eBay, you have to wait and watch to find what you want.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Icejerseys.com is good for purchases. They don't do older designs, but if you want a current one they often have sales where you can get a good chunk of change off regular price.

I got an authentic jersey for nearly the price of a Fanatics replica a while back.

I don't know how they do lettering. I know it's pro-stitched for authentics, but it might be heat-pressed for replicas. So I wouldn't necessarily get it from there unless you're sure.

Personally I buy my jerseys from there or elsewhere blank and then take it to a local store for letters (it's the outfitter for the local WHL team, so I know they do quality work. Plus the head jersey guy is also a Sharks fan :laugh:)

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Go with CoolHockey.com

They do full stitching and usually have a deal that gets you $30-$50 off. I’ve gotten 3 jerseys from them and love all of em.

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
CoolHockey has pretty significant QC problems. When it's done right it's fine, but there are times when it's not and you end up with a nameplate that's heat pressed but not sewn like it's supposed to be, or letters that are somehow sewn on the inner (top) twill layer instead of along the edges leaving a bit of a flap all around, or things of that nature. They'll fix it for you, usually, but it's a big headache. These two examples are both actual examples of CH problems from the last few months that I've seen in some jersey head circles I run in, and the more longtime members of those circles say it's barely even a surprise anymore. One of them characterized CH's QC as a "crap shoot".

For older Reeboks, pretty much the only place you can find blanks (or precustomized jerseys) is on eBay. Reebok Premiers show up pretty frequently, though I would say those aren't the best to get customized just because the Premier fabric is so cheap and thin. Edges are much rarer, but they're definitely out there if you're patient and check often (you can also pay the iron price with Jersey Baron, if you want to go that route, but be warned that his prices are truly exorbitant compared to market rate - you pay for the convenience). Send that to Exclusive Pro Sports (based near Chicago) or Action Spot Sports (San Jose's official customizer, based in Buffalo) for lettering. Locally, I think HockeyX does it but I can't speak to the stitch work or anything, since I've never gotten a jersey done there myself.

For a Stealth, I'd recommend hockey-authentic unequivocally. Their stitch work is uniformly very good and their prices are very good as well. For retail adidas jerseys they're tough to beat.

Last edited:

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
CoolHockey has pretty significant QC problems. When it's done right it's fine, but there are times when it's not and you end up with a nameplate that's heat pressed but not sewn like it's supposed to be, or letters that are somehow sewn on the inner (top) twill layer instead of along the edges leaving a bit of a flap all around, or things of that nature. They'll fix it for you, usually, but it's a big headache. These two examples are both actual examples of CH problems from the last few months that I've seen in some jersey head circles I run in, and the more longtime members of those circles say it's barely even a surprise anymore. One of them characterized CH's QC as a "crap shoot".

For older Reeboks, pretty much the only place you can find blanks (or precustomized jerseys) is on eBay. Reebok Premiers show up pretty frequently, though I would say those aren't the best to get customized just because the Premier fabric is so cheap and thin. Edges are much rarer, but they're definitely out there if you're patient and check often (you can also pay the iron price with Jersey Baron, if you want to go that route, but be warned that his prices are truly exorbitant compared to market rate - you pay for the convenience). Send that to Exclusive Pro Sports (based near Chicago) or Action Spot Sports (San Jose's official customizer, based in Buffalo) for lettering. Locally, I think HockeyX does it but I can't speak to the stitch work or anything, since I've never gotten a jersey done there myself.

For a Stealth, I'd recommend hockey-authentic unequivocally. Their stitch work is uniformly very good and their prices are very good as well. For retail adidas jerseys they're tough to beat.

Never experienced this personally. Find it hard to believe being that they are anti-heat pressing. I ordered two jerseys early last season that are great, but if you say this happened recently, maybe something has changed there. I'm pretty loyal to that place considering the great products they've given me at fantastic prices over the last 7 years.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Wow! Somehow I missed all the notifications of people replying here. Thank you all so much for your advice. I haven't heard of most of these places. I will look into them all. I really appreciate everyone commenting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad