Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For what it's worth, the NCAA Football Big-Ten conference has released a conference-only schedule that will start on the weekend of September 5th.

I'm wondering if they will do the same for hockey. And if the other conferences will do the same.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Regardless of where these guys end up playing this year, I hope they’ve been spending time in the gym and with skills coaches (ie skating) this whole time!

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If the Greyhounds get the Memorial Cup next year, then LeGuerrier will be in. And it would be interesting to see what the NCAA decides with their season. With Soo having the rights to Caufield, he may end up playing in the CHL if the NCAA cancels their year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If the Greyhounds get the Memorial Cup next year, then LeGuerrier will be in. And it would be interesting to see what the NCAA decides with their season. With Soo having the rights to Caufield, he may end up playing in the CHL if the NCAA cancels their year.

classes are less then a month away for some schools so once kids start attending classes they may be waiting to see how that goes, as long as things aren't bad maybe they can have some fans and just do less travel.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Entrevue - 91.9 Sports - Gilles Courteau: 20/08/05 (Audio)
Le commissaire de la LHJMQ, Courteau, donne les détails du plan de relance de la LHJMQ, qui a été approuvé par la Santé publique. Pourquoi souhaiter commencer en octobre alors que la Ligue de l’Ontario vise décembre?

5 à 7 : Giles Courteau - La LHJMQ reçoit le feu vert (Vidéo)
Au 5 à 7, le commissaire de la LHJMQ Courteau réagit à la nouvelle concernant l'approbation du protocole mis en place par la LHJMQ en vue de la saison 2020-2021.

«En ce qui a trait au nombre de spectateurs on est toujours en discussion avec la Santé publique et le bureau du Ministre du Sport. Nos discussions vont bien avec eux.»

«En ce qui a trait avec les tests de dépistage, les joueurs et ceux de l'extérieur des provinces vont devoir être en quarantaine. Ils vont avoir un examen médical avant de se présenter au camp d'entrainement et par la suite s'ils viennent de l'extérieur de la province ils vont devoir être en quarantaine.»

«Notre objectif est de débuter la saison le 1er Octobre avec le camp d'entrainement le 26 août. LHJMQ a eu le feu vert du Nouveau-Brunswick pour son plan de relance. Pour la Nouvelle-Écosse et l'Ile-du-Prince-Édouard, la réponse est à venir.»

«On n'a pas travaillé sur le scénario des villes bulles. On est allé à l'extrême avec notre calendrier en le répartissant entre trois divisions (deux divisions pour le Québec et une pour les Maritimes) avec le nombre de matches réduit. On est ouverts à regarder les différentes possibilités selon l'évolution de la pandémie.»

«Une décision serait prise en décembre pour ce qui est du système des séries éliminatoires.»

upload_2020-8-5_17-48-31.png

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
only a few weeks away from the KHL start but still haven't seen a schedule. not that we have any prospects there unless someone gets loaned there.

also I put a list in the op of the start dates for each league so if you hear any updates post them and I will update the op so that anyone that wants to quickly see can just go to the 1st post.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
KHL has begun their preseason right now. Liiga had their first preseason game last night.

I believe the SHL training camps have started.

- Skelleftea will play MODO in an exhibition match on August 19th (according to their official Twitter account).

- Frolunda has posted their preseason schedule, their first exhibition is on the 13th (next Thursday).

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
[QUOTE = "Adam Michaels, post: 172830363, member: 272887"] Yes, he is eligible to return to Junior. [/ QUOTE]

That must not be too common for draft +3 prospects. I guess it's that late June birthday combo

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
[QUOTE = "Adam Michaels, post: 172830363, member: 272887"] Yes, he is eligible to return to Junior. [/ QUOTE]

That must not be too common for draft +3 prospects. I guess it's that late June birthday combo

the other way, it happens all the time, unless you are a late b-day, almost all CHL draft picks can play a 3rd year as an overager. You just can't turn 21 before Jan 1st.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
the other way, it happens all the time, unless you are a late b-day, almost all CHL draft picks can play a 3rd year as an overager. You just can't turn 21 before Jan 1st.

Apologies if I'm off topic with the thread. So could Cale Fleury have played in the WHL this season? Drafted in 2017, so 3 more seasons of Junior (17-18, 18-19, and 19-20). He turned 21 in Nov.

Maybe I don't see it too often because our prospects would need to be good enough to have received an entry level contract and bad enough to not be ready take the next step to the AHL

Oops - just noticed "You just can't turn 21 before Jan 1st" so that would have ruled out Fleury

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The Western Hockey League announced today that it's now scheduled to open its 2020-21 Regular Season on Friday, December 4, 2020.
The WHL remains committed to playing a full Regular Season schedule of 68 games, followed by four rounds of Playoffs during the 2020-21 season.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Apologies if I'm off topic with the thread. So could Cale Fleury have played in the WHL this season? Drafted in 2017, so 3 more seasons of Junior (17-18, 18-19, and 19-20). He turned 21 in Nov.

Maybe I don't see it too often because our prospects would need to be good enough to have received an entry level contract and bad enough to not be ready take the next step to the AHL

Oops - just noticed "You just can't turn 21 before Jan 1st" so that would have ruled out Fleury

you have to look at the birth dates, those Sept 15 to Dec 31st mean they are early B-days which means they are likely one and done in the CHL and the rest are 2 and done. Now those early B-days like Scherbak, Fleury, Fairbrother, LeGuerrier, they usually would play 1 more year in the CHL and then turn pro. Fleury they waited till after camp to sign him, LeGuerrier is going to be an overager next season, Fairbrother could be in the same spot as Fleury where they wait and see at camp if they want him in Laval or back in the dub as an overager. Guys like Hillis, Fonstad, McShane, Houde, etc.. they would normally be in the 2 years and then turn pro if good enough. All can return for their overage year just that you don't usually see that from the better prospects, most just go to the AHL or ECHL.

Reactions: Steve Shutt

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
looking really bad for the NCAA, granted there's been no news but several NCAA football conferences have canceled the season. The MAC conference is the latest to cancel and today the Big Ten was meeting, they did put out a schedule but if they pull out I would expect the rest to follow. Now that doesn't mean they can't have hockey, especially if they opt to wait till say Dec or Jan to start. Jan is when they start the 2nd half so they could just go that route and play only the 2nd half.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
@mlt_prospects

#Habs Cole Caufield plays in the @B1GHockey conference and it sounds like they'll be cancelling the fall sports programs. What that means for Caufield is that he won't be playing College hockey until early January if he remains committed.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Looks like Big Ten will cancel their fall sports. So Caufield and Gorniak would not be playing this fall.

Gorniak is obviously an afterthought, but Caufield has other options, the more known one is he can go play in the OHL. Their season is set to start on December 4th. But if the Big Ten cancel their fall season, then they won't be back before January 8th or something around there.

So who knows if Caufield will sit and wait until then. Or the Habs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad