Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
MA Godin asked Ramage yesterday if the organization will actively try to find a place to play for any of the NCAA prospects if their conference doesn't return to for another few months. Godin specified Hockey East (who has yet to announce a return to play date). That conference has Harris and Struble at Northeastern and Tuch and BU.

Ramage said yes, that is Plan B. But they won't be the only team trying to do it. He mentioned there are junior leagues out east, closer to where their situated and there is also the USHL.

He was also asked if the Habs plan to hold a camp of sorts if the leagues either cancel or return very late. He said right now there is no plan for that. They're letting the kids train with their skating, skills, and strength coaches. At some point, if leagues are cancelled, they will look into it.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We'll see Harris back to playing smaht hawkey within a month? :naughty:

looks like it although you still got to worry about the cases spiking as 2 of the Hockey East teams have been shutdown, (BU and UNH), with most of the teams being in Massachusetts which shut down all hockey but not at the NCAA level (NH did the same but at the NCAA level)

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
looks like it although you still got to worry about the cases spiking as 2 of the Hockey East teams have been shutdown, (BU and UNH), with most of the teams being in Massachusetts which shut down all hockey but not at the NCAA level (NH did the same but at the NCAA level)

Wow that is messed up. Does it not make it very surprising to see a tentative schedule roughly 4 weeks out from now then?

Vaccine can't come soon enough. 2020 seems to want to die a slow death.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Wow that is messed up. Does it not make it very surprising to see a tentative schedule roughly 4 weeks out from now then?

Vaccine can't come soon enough. 2020 seems to want to die a slow death.

it's surprising that it's taken this long to get a schedule out when they have been talking of starting in Nov for some time now so nothing like putting out a schedule 3 weeks before the season starts. The Hockey East though has one advantage and that's short travel since most are really close to each other.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm real glad Caufield didn't opt to go the OHL route with that no-contact nonsense being made official. Hopefully Mysak can stay in the Czech league and play actual hockey as well, I'd hate for him to waste a year of development.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm real glad Caufield didn't opt to go the OHL route with that no-contact nonsense being made official. Hopefully Mysak can stay in the Czech league and play actual hockey as well, I'd hate for him to waste a year of development.

so that's official now? is the WHL going to do this to? How stupid will OHL look if they are the only junior league in the world that does this. I consider them the top junior league in the world lately but they seem to have made some bad decisions.

If the Q can play and I know that some of their teams have only played a few games but if they can play regular hockey and the NCAA at least looks like it's going to in the coming weeks for all but maybe the ECAC, I just don't get what the OHL is doing here.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
so that's official now? is the WHL going to do this to? How stupid will OHL look if they are the only junior league in the world that does this. I consider them the top junior league in the world lately but they seem to have made some bad decisions.

If the Q can play and I know that some of their teams have only played a few games but if they can play regular hockey and the NCAA at least looks like it's going to in the coming weeks for all but maybe the ECAC, I just don't get what the OHL is doing here.
No bodychecking will be allowed in upcoming OHL season - Sportsnet.ca

It's looking like that, the OHL has already stated that they'll go along with what the provincial government decides to do. There's been some backlash but I don't know if it'll be enough to make them back down on this. Should be business as usual in the dub but with a short season with same division games only.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

It's looking like that, the OHL has already stated that they'll go along with what the provincial government decides to do. There's been some backlash but I don't know if it'll be enough to make them back down on this. Should be business as usual in the dub but with a short season with same division games only.

just sounds like horsecrap, so the players can line up next to each other, or should we do away with face-offs to. What about sitting on the bench next to each other? Maybe they can put 2 lines in the stands, 1st line on the ice, 2nd line spread out on the bench, 3rd line in the 1st row, 4th line 6 feet back of them.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

What I dont understand is how hitting is the issue the government has an issue with. Considering everyone is still sharing the same ice, lining up for faceoffs and will be in the same general space, if a player is sick then they are many other ways they can spread it.

How do you even enforce the ban? Delivering hits is based on instinct and players will no doubt do it. Its extra work for the refs and it'll slow the game down. Not to mention it could affect a player's development/ players who build their game around being physical.

More focus should be on ensuring the players dont catch Covid, safety protocols are followed off the ice and develop a plan in case someone is sick. If other league's have been able to have games with hits, there's no reason the OHL can't.

This just screams the product of government bureaucratics who are narrow minded on this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Although there are still conversations, the provincial government wants to remove body checking, a contact that lasts a second at most. However, puck battles along the boards or in front of the net will have a bunch of guys closer to each other and pushing each other around for prolonged moments (longer than it takes to throw a hit).

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Although there are still conversations, the provincial government wants to remove body checking, a contact that lasts a second at most. However, puck battles along the boards or in front of the net will have a bunch of guys closer to each other and pushing each other around for prolonged moments (longer than it takes to throw a hit).
Which is why its so nonsensical to me that the Ontario government proposed this. Hitting isn't the main action that would spread covid in a hockey game.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
not sure about the big 10 starting their season in 1o days as they don't have a schedule yet. I know Wisconsin is one of hottest states right now for covid, so that could be a problem.

at least i'm still hearing rumors that Hockey East will put out a schedule this week although Massachusetts is an even hotter hotspot then Wisconsin i believe.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sounds like the DEL will start up 11-11 but not all teams will play. Will be interesting to see if Brook will play since he won't have much time to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad