Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For Caufield to be considering it he must think be no NCAA season

there hasn't been any talk if he's even considering it or not, we just know that MB would like it to happen and the SHL club wants him. I think it would be great for him to be on the big ice and not have Granato as his coach.

here's another article from the Wisconsin beat writer,

Swedish pro team reportedly pursuing Badgers' Cole Caufield for earlier chance to play

Progress toward a revised schedule for the NCAA men’s hockey season has continued, aided by big movements last week for football and basketball.

Badgers coach Tony Granato said he hasn’t heard that from Bergevin. Caufield is still in school and working out with the Badgers. Any signing with a pro team would eliminate Caufield’s NCAA eligibility.

“Obviously, we want Cole here,” Granato said. “It’s Cole’s decision on where Cole wants to be. We’re getting ready for our season. We know we’re going to play. We’re just trying to finalize our schedule. But we’re pretty confident we’re getting a full season in.”

Caufield declined an interview request made Monday through UW.

He made the commitment to come back here this year and he was assuming we’re going to have a full year,” Granato said. “I think that’s the way it’s going to be. So I’m hoping that that’s the feeling that he still has

It makes sense Kings sent a handful of prospects there at once:

they must know that the DEL will end up playing since first they said no till at least the end of Dec but now have flipped and are looking into starting the season up sooner but no date last I heard. I only followed it a little since we don't have any prospects there though. When i heard the rumor that the oilers were loaning Drai to the DEL then I thought they must feel they will be playing sooner then later.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
After being let go by Rogle in the SHL, Raphael Lavoie signs with a team in Allsvenskan:

i like it though, I think it's a smart move by the oilers, guys with average or below skating that aren't really going to learn anything more in the CHL that go to the Euro leagues at 19. I'm sure it's difficult for them but in the end it could pay off.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
i like it though, I think it's a smart move by the oilers, guys with average or below skating that aren't really going to learn anything more in the CHL that go to the Euro leagues at 19. I'm sure it's difficult for them but in the end it could pay off.

Fully agreed. If he is to improve, he needs to go somewhere where he will be challenged. At the same time, you can evaluate what this kid is made of. Will he crumble when challenged or rise up to the occasion. Lavoie had nothing else to really learn at the Major Junior level.

And the good thing is, he's there for the year.

Here's hoping we get something similar for Caufield.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Here's hoping we get something similar for Caufield.

we'll see as so far there hasn't anything leaked on Caufield's side other then he's working out with the team. It's too late to replace him so it would be a huge loss though he seemed to have a foot out the door last season and i'm sure he knows how tough it's going to be for Wisconsin to be a good team again.

from the rds article though,

When talking to Granato, it seemed certain that Caufield would play the next season in the NCAA with the Badgers.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Alex Turcotte is going to join Lukas Reichel's team, Berlin will be even more entertaining to watch this year...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
this was posted in the DEL thread on the German board,

Update: The DEL clubs have come to the opinion that 20% is not financially viable and that the league start will have to be delayed further if the German government doesn't come up with help. The league wants to have this sorted out until October 2nd, otherwise the November date won't hold.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
With his Wisconsin teammate Alex Turcotte (and other Kings' top prospects) being loaned to Berlin, maybe Caufield could be tempted to follow a similar route and play in Europe?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With his Wisconsin teammate Alex Turcotte (and other Kings' top prospects) being loaned to Berlin, maybe Caufield could be tempted to follow a similar route and play in Europe?

we'll see, we have been talking about it here, so far none of the wisconsin fans i talked to on college message boards have heard anything other then an SHL club wants to sign him.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
If Caufield goes to Europle, his season/playoffs will likely end before the nhl starts its playoffs. So he could come back to the nhl and play regular season games/playoff games for the habs

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
meh id rather let a full year to Caufield again before joining game this team. Let's take our time for once. That's if hes not traded.

That's what Kudo is saying. The SHL season/playoffs end before NHL ends. So Caufield will have played the whole year in Sweden before joining the Habs and/or Rocket after.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If Caufield goes to Europle, his season/playoffs will likely end before the nhl starts its playoffs. So he could come back to the nhl and play regular season games/playoff games for the habs
Good for him to go play with men on a bigger ice surface. This will probably help his skating.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The Red Wings send another one of their prospects over to Europe. It makes sense that they and the Kings loaned a bunch of their prospects there since all of them haven't played since March.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I like it from the Kings perspective, let their young players develop together. But I don't like it from a DEL perspective - some vets will lose their jobs because ownership has sided with their NA entity. The DEL isn't meant to be a developmental league.

I doubt the teams will let go of their players just for the 1-2 months the NA guys will be there.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
one NCAA conference, the ECAC they are suggesting a 20 game schedule and only playing among ECAC teams.

College Hockey News: ECAC Planning 2 Division Format For Shortened Season

so 20 plus playoffs and if any team makes the NCAA tournament if they have it, but some teams could play over 25 games. The Ivy leagues always play les games, but we don't know if they will play since they were the only ones to cancel this summer but it was said to be only to Jan 1st. So the thought is they would start in Jan which is what i've been saying i thought we might see since that's when the NCAA 2nd half starts every year.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
over the past few days NHL teams still loaning several players to Euro leagues, though most continue to be Euros, with all the players Laval has signed I'm a bit surprised our Russians haven't been loaned, I could see them not wanting to loan Romanov as he's expected to be on the team but the other 2 won't be so I am surprised they haven't been loaned by now. The Sens just loaned their AHL starter to the same team as Vejdemo yesterday, not sure why some teams have waited so long but with Allsvenskan starting their season in 5 days i'm guessing there won't be too much more there.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm mainly just going to watch Norlinder, Ylonen and Olofsson until Ikonen is back. So here's the next few games,

10-1 - Norlinder vs Olofsson 1 pm est

10-2 Ylonen 11:30 am

10-3 Olofsson 9:15 am
Ylonen 10 am
Norlinder noon

10-6 Ylonen

10-8 Norlinder
Olofsson

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad