Prospect Info: Where They Will Play Season '20-'21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Remember how flawed Cammalleri was in the playoffs? I agree we will get pushed around if we have all small players, but we need a little sniper who can find the open ice and has a wicked shot like Caufield too.
Agreed. If Caufield can be as effective as Cammalleri in the playoffs he will be very valuable. Replace some of the other smaller players like Byron.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I’d prefer AHL due to rink size and play style myself
I don’t really like the AHL for younger top prospects because they become a huge target for goons/career ahlers. Also a lot of of uncertainty as to whether or not the AHL season even takes place at this point

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I’d prefer AHL due to rink size and play style myself

If the AHL was starting at a regular start date, yes. But the plan is for the AHL to start in December, and that is if it does and isn't pushed back even more.

However, European leagues, some have already started while others are a week or two away from starting. So Caufield in Europe will have him playing sooner. And particularly in the SHL, whose regular season started yesterday. And it's one of the top leagues in the world, so the competition will be better, too.

Also, how cool would it be to see Caufield vs. Norlinder.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So in 10-11 days we will have the Q, Liiga and Allsvenskan starting up, a month after that champions league and the USHL with maybe the NCAA.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The LA Kings loan 5 of their prospects to Berlin of the DEL.

Alex Turcotte, Tyler Madden, Aidan Dudas, Thomas, and goalie Jacob Ingham are all heading to Germany on loan.

They have also loaned two other prospects (Carl Grundstrom & Samuel Fagemo) to Allsvenskan in Sweden. Fagemo is on the same team as Vejdemo.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
For Caufield to be considering it he must think be no NCAA season

Not exactly. The NCAA hasn't made any decision yet. Each conference is looking at their own situations. Some conferences might start sooner than others. Wisconsin is in the Big-10, and the latest was that they're looking at a November start date.

Caufield going to Sweden is more about playing sooner.

The Big-10 start date is not official and it might end up being pushed back even more. The SHL season has already started. So that is more of a guarantee that he will play.

Reactions: Acadien86

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
We finally have a loan to the KHL which will permit the player to return once the NHL season begins:

Curious if Habs will do this with Khisamutdinov and if Neftehimik would agree to let him return once the season starts.

Demchenko's rights were traded to Avangard Omsk the other day. So that is also another curiosity I have if he will be loaned and be allowed to return.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The LA Kings loan 5 of their prospects to Berlin of the DEL.

Alex Turcotte, Tyler Madden, Aidan Dudas, Thomas, and goalie Jacob Ingham are all heading to Germany on loan.

I like it from the Kings perspective, let their young players develop together. But I don't like it from a DEL perspective - some vets will lose their jobs because ownership has sided with their NA entity. The DEL isn't meant to be a developmental league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad