East Division – Friday, March 12
U.S. Division – Thursday, March 18
B.C. Division – TBD

Last edited by a moderator:

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
La LHJMQ présente son plan de relance
''La Ligue de hockey junior majeur du Québec (LHJMQ) a franchi une étape de plus vers une saison 2020-2021 qui s’amorcerait le 1er octobre. Le plan présenté au cabinet de la ministre déléguée à l’Éducation et ministre responsable de la Condition féminine, Isabelle Charest, a été accueilli favorablement. Il reste encore cependant plusieurs questions à régler.''
Ce plan se détaille comme suit, selon des détails que La Presse a pu obtenir vendredi :

• Une saison de 60 matchs, au lieu de 68;
• La ligue serait réaménagée en trois divisions de six équipes;
• Tous les matchs opposeraient des rivaux de division;
• Les six équipes des provinces maritimes (Acadie-Bathurst, Cap-Breton, Charlottetown, Halifax, Moncton, Saint John) seraient réunies dans une même division;
• Blainville-Boisbriand, Drummondville, Gatineau, Rouyn-Noranda, Sherbrooke et Val-d’Or formeraient une division;
• Baie-Comeau, Chicoutimi, Québec, Rimouski, Shawinigan et Victoriaville en formeraient une autre;
• Un maximum de 34 joueurs au camp d’entraînement, plutôt que 60;
• Début des camps le 26 août;
• Le format des séries éliminatoires sera déterminé au plus tard en décembre

Reactions: kevsavard95

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting options:

I learned something here. Some of the prospects in the NCAA have been drafted in the CHL & USHL. I only knew about Caufield. But all the others have other options if the NCAA doesn't go for this year.

Cole Caufield
CHL: Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
USHL: Sioux City Musketeers

Jordan Harris
CHL: Val D'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
USHL: Youngstown Phantoms

Jayden Struble
CHL: Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (QMJHL)
USHL: Tri-City Storm

Rhett Pitlick
USHL: Muskegon Lumberjacks (after being traded there from Omaha)

Jack Gorniak
USHL: Lincoln Stars
NAHL: Kenai River Brown Bears

Brett Stapley
CHL: Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
USHL: Green Bay Gamblers

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Soo Greyhounds sucked last year, but they are a young team with bad goaltending. One year older, with Caufield and a good goalie, they could really surprise.

Reactions: cphabs

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Interesting options:

I learned something here. Some of the prospects in the NCAA have been drafted in the CHL & USHL. I only knew about Caufield. But all the others have other options if the NCAA doesn't go for this year.

Cole Caufield
CHL: Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
USHL: Sioux City Musketeers

Jordan Harris
CHL: Val D'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
USHL: Youngstown Phantoms

Jayden Struble
CHL: Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (QMJHL)
USHL: Tri-City Storm

Rhett Pitlick
USHL: Muskegon Lumberjacks (after being traded there from Omaha)

Jack Gorniak
USHL: Lincoln Stars
NAHL: Kenai River Brown Bears

Brett Stapley
CHL: Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
USHL: Green Bay Gamblers

Stapley would be over the age limit to play in the CHL in 20-21 if I'm not mistaken. You need to be 21 and under for the USHL too so I'd have to check for Gorniak, I think he might still be eligible. (and for people who might not be aware: playing in the CHL would make any NCAA player unable to play college hockey again so it is a pretty significant decision to make)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Stapley would be over the age limit to play in the CHL in 20-21 if I'm not mistaken. You need to be 21 and under for the USHL so I'd have to check for Gorniak, I think he might still be eligible. (For people who might not be aware, playing in the CHL would make any NCAA player unable to play college hockey again so it is a pretty significant decision to make)

Yes, I completely forgot the ages. Stapley would be too old for both USHL & WHL.

Gorniak will turn 21 on September 15th, so he would be too old for USHL & NAHL.

So curious where they would go. Because even if they go to the ECHL, it is a pro league and they would forego their amateur status to play NCAA when they return, and would in turn affect their scholarship.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yes, I completely forgot the ages. Stapley would be too old for both USHL & WHL.

Gorniak will turn 21 on September 15th, so he would be too old for USHL & NAHL.

So curious where they would go. Because even if they go to the ECHL, it is a pro league and they would forego their amateur status to play NCAA when they return, and would in turn affect their scholarship.
Both are going to be in their junior year in 20-21 and probably not quite ready yet to make the jump to a pro league of any kind. It really is a bad position to be in, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes :( . Caufield, Struble and Harris at least all have a legit option on their table.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Curious to see what the NCAA will decide with their season. And if they do start late or choose to nix the entire season, it will be interesting to see where some of these prospects go. With teams in the CHL and/or USHL have the rights to some of these guys.

I also really hope the SHL and Liiga start as scheduled because Ikonen, Norlinder, and Olofsson may be the only prospects we'll get to watch for a while.

We know the BCHL announced they're aiming for a December 1st start date similar to the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Curious to see what the NCAA will decide with their season. And if they do start late or choose to nix the entire season, it will be interesting to see where some of these prospects go. With teams in the CHL and/or USHL have the rights to some of these guys.

I also really hope the SHL and Liiga start as scheduled because Ikonen, Norlinder, and Olofsson may be the only prospects we'll get to watch for a while.

We know the BCHL announced they're aiming for a December 1st start date similar to the NHL.

so far there hasn't been any update from the NCAA aside from the ivy league schools. The other problem is if they start but can't finish when flu season is in high gear.

I'm not too worried about the SHL, haven't heard anything on Liiga.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
we will get some info on the KHL next week as the schedule is said to be released then. not that we have any prospects but there are draft eligible guys and they are rumored to be starting the season in 42 days.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
So far no updates from any leagues pushing their start date back. Nothing new from the NCAA but I did see where Wisconsin issued a statement that they could be looking at losses of up to 100M next season. Their goalie Lebedeff has opted to leave the team and go back to home to play in Finland. Wisconsin had brought in a grad transfer and 2 Freshman goalies so with his struggles he might not have played much but still said his decision was in part to the unknown if there will be an NCAA season or not.

Goalie Daniel Lebedeff leaves Badgers to sign with pro team near home in Finland

also Pronman posted a rumor that the Canes draft pick Jack Dury who was at Harvard but since they canceled the season, he is leaving to go play in the SHL.

So maybe more kids will look to the Euro leagues if no NCAA season.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
one problem i see is when flu season hits which if it's bad and assuming covid is still here then, things could get ugly again. I really hope the AHL and NCAA have their seasons but we'll have to see in the fall where things are at. at least they are trying to plan a season at this point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
one problem i see is when flu season hits which if it's bad and assuming covid is still here then, things could get ugly again. I really hope the AHL and NCAA have their seasons but we'll have to see in the fall where things are at. at least they are trying to plan a season at this point.

I am thinking the same thing and the flu season from Sept-Dec+ is what I will watch out for next.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't know how the AHL can play without fans unless the NHL covers a lot of their losses. But one thing they can look at is the independent baseball league that started up on July 3rd in the Mid-Western states in the US as they have had fans at their games.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Now I know where my posts in the Laval thread went. :laugh:

I thought they were being deleted. I didn't get notification of them being moved so I thought I was losing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holystik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad