Where should Sandin play this year?

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
You're also forgetting about all the guys we have on AHL deals. Gudbranson, Jardine, LeBlanc etc, as well as Durzi and Hollowell possibly sticking around.

I wonder if the Leafs might try and move our Nielson and maybe LoVerde/Holl to free up some move.
Nielson and Holl should definitely be moved. Neither have a future in the nhl.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Can we just dump Nielsen, he has no chance of being an NHL D now, and he's falling so far down the depth charts.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Good.

The answer is the AHL or the Soo.

To what benefit and why is sending him to Sweden for Rogle any good for us? He grew up on the big ice, then came here and adapted and did it well, but now we'll send him back there and it's somehow = profit?

Ideally AHL, the Soo is less but still a good fallback, because while he probably won't ever be a massive point producer, at least he's here.

the sooner we can start to have a hands on training of our prospects, the better,,absolute full stop.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Habs fan coming in peace. It's rare D-men play in AHL at 18. What's story with Sandin, why was he drafted late when he appears to be potentially pro ready? Something I miss or just an excellent pick?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Habs fan coming in peace. It's rare D-men play in AHL at 18. What's story with Sandin, why was he drafted late when he appears to be potentially pro ready? Something I miss or just an excellent pick?
He is AHL,SHL OHL eligible, Leafs are trying to find what league is best for him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie 27m27 minutes ago
More
Bob McKenzie Retweeted TSN
Sandin had a strong camp with the Leafs. TOR will see how he fares in AHL games before deciding where he will be assigned this season. AHL, SHL (SWE) or SSM (OHL), all three remain in play.

Big fan of this move - really happy with his strong camp. If he can even be a bottom pairing d-man with the Marlies and spend time getting in better physical shape I think that's great for him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

To be fair a lot of d-men that come from the CHL cannot play in the AHL at 18 because of the agreement between leagues. Sandin is benefitting from being from Europe to have the opportunity to slide right to the AHL. He had a strong training camp which has earned him a longer look at the pro level.

Too hard to say it was an excellent pick at the moment, moreso it's just about a kid making the most of his opportunity and not being restricted by any agreements between leagues.

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
He was already great in the OHL and an overage year doesn't seem the best for his development.
It won't matter.
The post you quoted already had EIGHT legitimate options ahead of him. That was with the Leafs holding EIGHT options ahead of them.
Don't get me wrong: I love Durzi as a pick, prospect and everything else, but the numbers game makes it easy for him to go back to the OHL.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
the sooner we can start to have a hands on training of our prospects, the better,,absolute full stop.

Agreed 100%

Leafs may be hampered by a salary cap, but they have been throwing boats loads of money at player development since Shanny came in. It's an area they indentified that their financial power could have results

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I would let him stay for 10 games on the big club...he is better than Carrick already and if Dermott isn't 100 %then let him have a taste...doesn't have to be big minutes. Then,if Dubas clears space on the Marlies let him rock on there with Lilly,they look very good together. Good communication or some kinda Swedish synchromesh thing ...whatever,I 'd play him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad