Where Should I look For Next Year

Igately97

Jun 1, 2015
Right now I just turned 18 and am playing in the NA3EHL, and fit in quite nicely for my first year of juniors. The only problem is the pricing and taking years off of college. What's my best bet for the New england area to move up to that's either worth the money or where in Canada that I could play for a cheaper price? Not as familiar with canadian hockey so I just don't really know the best route to take.

GhostofS16*

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. :)

Considering you are thinking about playing Junior A still, I think the trade off would be price v. exposure. Some of the Canadian circuits are still free-to-play, but they lack exposure. For example, I know some NOJHL clubs are free but some are around $4,500 to play. I would say always look at the teams moving players on to the next level and balance that with a price point, no matter where they are. If the team is in Canada, fine. If the team is in the Southern U.S. and they are placing players like a boss, that tells me that's a good program as well.

With your parents or guardians, take the next 6 months to do research on different leagues and their member clubs carefully before you try-out anywhere next spring. Agree to nothing until you are completely comfortable with the process. Also, stay abreast of all USA Hockey rules regarding your rights. If you plan to play in Canada, make sure you know all of the rules regarding your would be status as an import player with Hockey Canada.

Still assuming: if you had excellent grades in high school, you are in the driver's seat whether it is NCAA or club hockey. If you were a good enough student to be award academic scholarship money, showing interest in an ACHA program could help the review process for that school's admission's process. If you are playing juniors, I would still say visit schools when you get a chance. You might find one you'll fall in love with.

Edit: Wait, NOJHL doesn't have free to play clubs any more. Are there still free to play Junior A clubs in Canada at this point? I don't know. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->