Speculation: Where is Tatar going to go?

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
FA Frenzy has come and gone and one relatively important name is still out there: Tomas Tatar. Where do you all think he signs? Obviously, I think Colorado should go after him with their nearly $5M cap space.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Hopeful that the Devils will sign him on a short term deal. Not sure what he is looking for as a destination, but obviously we can overpay him on a 1-2 year deal more so than most other teams.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
- yzerman has stated he might add another forward or 2
- i could fathom offering tat's say 1.25 mil per more than market value on a 2 year with the outlook he'd be traded at deadline 50% retained .
the new team gets him at half off this playoffs and next season + tats makes more money + detroit gets a draft pick plus a smart vet this season to mentor some of the young red wing forwards some of whom are fellow czech . plus he no doubt still has friends from his red wing days . ide like seeing tats here to mentor fellow sniper zadina , thee exact condition yzermans alluded to

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think he does end up in Colorado. Seems like the kind of guy MacFarland and Parnass would target. Plus he'll be coming cheap.

Maybe Tatar thinks he can go deep in the playoffs with COL and shake his reputation.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hopefully us. I find it hard to believe he's getting term from anyone or he would've signed already. Back up the brinks truck on a 1-2 year deal

Reactions: Frank Drebin

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
- yzerman has stated he might add another forward or 2
- i could fathom offering tat's say 1.25 mil per more than market value on a 2 year with the outlook he'd be traded at deadline 50% retained .
the new team gets him at half off this playoffs and next season + tats makes more money + detroit gets a draft pick plus a smart vet this season to mentor some of the young red wing forwards some of whom are fellow czech . plus he no doubt still has friends from his red wing days . ide like seeing tats here to mentor fellow sniper zadina , thee exact condition yzermans alluded to
The issue is that playoff Tatar is now known for being invisible.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The issue is that playoff Tatar is now known for being invisible.

His scoring has dropped off but he still had some of the strongest underlying numbers of the Habs forwards in the last 2 playoffs. Gallagher somehow is allowed to not produce and nobody cares but Tatar does it and many people think he's a bum

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Ottawa might be looking for a winger to replace Dadonov. I wonder if Tatar would do what Hoffman did last season and do a 1 year contract to see what he can get in 2022.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->