Where is she now:Manon Rheaume

RoliTheGoalie

Feb 19, 2007
Winnipeg
Maybe this isn't the right place for a thread on her,but I thought,may as well,because she played for team Canada.So she was MVP a couple times in the Olympics,and then in '92 she played a period for Tampa Bay,the first woman EVER to play in the NHL.But Where is she now?I haven't heard anything about her in a LONG time.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Maybe this isn't the right place for a thread on her,but I thought,may as well,because she played for team Canada.So she was MVP a couple times in the Olympics,and then in '92 she played a period for Tampa Bay,the first woman EVER to play in the NHL.But Where is she now?I haven't heard anything about her in a LONG time.

After she was left off the Olympic team for 2002, I believe she played a couple seasons in the NWHL and that was it for her career.

Edit: Looks like I was wrong. She retired from Team Canada in 2000 and as a goalie, but was playing in the NWHL as a forward for Montreal Wingstar. Yes she was Global Marketing Director for women's hockey at Mission Hockey.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2000/07/08/manon_rheaume000708.html

Last edited:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Last I heard she was the Global Marketing Director for women's hockey at Mission Hockey.

Yeah, something like that. A few years back she was playing for a pro mens low level team, and ended up marrying a teamate and having a son. Then the marketing thing....I think she was in a hockey stick company for a while too.

RoliTheGoalie

Feb 19, 2007
Winnipeg
Thought it was something like that,her brother(Pascal Rheaume)said in an interview after playing against the Manitoba Moose(AHL) something about working in Quebec and she had just had another son.Just curious about her,kind of impossible to not be in awe of what she did,eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad