Where is our offense?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
I know that some players have decent numbers but where is all this offense that we are suppose to have?

Every game we get out shot and out played, if it wasn't for Dub the scores would of been a lot worse.

Does anyone know why we aren't scoring, that is all everyone has been talking about is with our two top lines that we would be scoring?

Why do you think we can't score or even out play teams like COL, CGY?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We need more size on the cycle, but we've had chances to definitely score 1-2 more goals every game and haven't converted.

RNH is fighting it right now in terms of goal scoring.

Meanashell11

Jan 3, 2003
Greenwich CT
Visit site
I personally believe it is because we are playing the top line against stiffer competition and trying to get them to be more defensively responsible. We know they can score, our PP is not too shabby, the key is to get Hall/Ebs/RNH able to play un-sheltered minutes. Why do you think the 2nd line is doing ok??

It is a process and while painful in the short term it will pay off long term. RK has a plan and it includes short term pain. It's another reason why he is not changing up the lines, he wants them to build some chemistry.

Patience young Padawan. ;)

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
Almost all the break-ins and cycles are kept to the outside. Hard to score from there.

pocketful

"We'll see"
Feb 3, 2012
Too many cute plays that are not connecting. I would like to see some ugly goals to kick start their scoring. I think I was going to tear my hair out in frustration after hearing Debrusk comment on how many high quality scoring chances we have had because even if they are beautiful scoring chances, if they don't go in they mean nothing.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Do you guys see this as a short term thing, the kids just have to get use to each other and playing against top shut down players?

I would feel better if we were not getting out played and out shot so bad.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Almost all the break-ins and cycles are kept to the outside. Hard to score from there.

Ding ding ding.

One thing this team has improved upon over years privious is the fact that they can string together a number of passes, however there are times (looking at the top line here) where they get cycle and pass happy, and fail to move and generate high end opportunities out of it.

Throwing it back to the point for a shot and then crashing the net would make them much more effective vs. cycle behind the net for 15 seconds then look for the cross crease pass.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Chances are coming, finish has been rusty.
Yaks and RNH both missed a wide open net today, it happens. They'll start going in, our top line's cycle has been outstanding, it was only 36 hours ago we were all agreeing they outplayed and outchanced SJ's top line.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I thought we had elite talent! the media told us we'd have no problem scoring

1st line= the OKC boys are cycling well but no finish...RNH can't hit the net...Hall can't pick a corner and Eberle doesn't shoot enough...stunning they only have 5 goals in 7 games

absolutely stunning

2 line= defensivly suspect but no problems with their offence thus far

3rd and 4th lines= garbage once again...old slow and weak...need to chip in for a few goals

I really think the team is reading their media clippings about the "next good team" and they are defintely the darlings of the media so they think they can get away on skill alone

greasy garbage goals count just the same

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chances are coming, finish has been rusty.
Yaks and RNH both missed a wide open net today, it happens. They'll start going in, our top line's cycle has been outstanding, it was only 36 hours ago we were all agreeing they outplayed and outchanced SJ's top line.

Agreed they are due for a breakout.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Just like the last couple of years, if we don't score on the pp and if players under 23 or younger don;t score we are hooped. Management has totally and utterly failed in providing anything that is not a high 1st round pick.

The fact that Horcoff is still on the team and people still think he contributes says everything you need to know about management.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Just like the last couple of years, if we don't score on the pp and if players under 23 or younger don;t score we are hooped. Management has totally and utterly failed in providing anything that is not a high 1st round pick.

The fact that Horcoff is still on the team and people still think he contributes says everything you need to know about management.
I don't know. With how poor the powerplay has looked since his injury I think that we need him more than we'd like to admit. The other veterans need to get lost though.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Is it me or did Taylor Hall,Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins have so much more in their jump when Renney was coach?
They matched up against other team's top D-pairings on a lot of occasions last year but Renney tried to give them the best match-ups whenever he could. Krueger is playing them like an experienced top line right now and they're getting all of the tough assignments.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I don't know. With how poor the powerplay has looked since his injury I think that we need him more than we'd like to admit. The other veterans need to get lost though.

Teflon Shawn, people will ignore the 70 game of suck for the guy but focus on the 3 games that he may or may not have had an effect. Horcoff plays his best hockey when he is out of the line up it seems.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
We have no secondary scoring. Something like 1 goal through the entire season. That's absolutely horrendous.

Depth is absolutely essential for being a contender when chances dry up in the playoffs.

We need to either break up our top6 and put 1-2 guys on our 3rd line or hope that the 3rd/4th liners can pick it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->