Where is Brian Bickell of Ottawa 67's going to go in the 2004 in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
TheGreek said:
Strong start to the season for Bickell. Is he for real? Where do you see him going in the 2004 draft? Any comparisons to current NHLers? What is his upside? Thanks

There haven't been any early scouting rankings on Bickell that I've heard yet, but I'd hazard a guess he's probably a 2nd rounder at this point. Anywhere between late 1st and 4th is possible though (a big range, but I've only seen him a few times and haven't heard one scout talk about him yet).

He has a huge frame, skates well and has solid hands, but isn't that physical. A comparison to Eric Daze gives you a bit of an idea. Too early to really speak to his absolute upside, so it's always possible he's has John Leclair potential. It's also possible he might be a Matt Zultek (although he already skates better than Zultek ever did).

Scouts will be following him very closely over the rest of the season, so there will be no shortage of takes on his potential this year. By Christmas, there will probably be a few published reports and we'll have a better idea on how scouts feel about him.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
There haven't been any early scouting rankings on Bickell that I've heard yet, but I'd hazard a guess he's probably a 2nd rounder at this point. Anywhere between late 1st and 4th is possible though (a big range, but I've only seen him a few times and haven't heard one scout talk about him yet).

He has a huge frame, skates well and has solid hands, but isn't that physical. A comparison to Eric Daze gives you a bit of an idea. Too early to really speak to his absolute upside, so it's always possible he's has John Leclair potential. It's also possible he might be a Matt Zultek (although he already skates better than Zultek ever did).

Scouts will be following him very closely over the rest of the season, so there will be no shortage of takes on his potential this year. By Christmas, there will probably be a few published reports and we'll have a better idea on how scouts feel about him.

He's similar to Daze, although he reminds me a bit more of Mark Bell with less of a mean streak. SImilar size and skills to Bell, and both are very good skaters. Zultek is a plodder in the mold of Andreychuk, and those guys just don't make it anymore.

I think the mid 1st round is the highest he could go, although I'd be surprised if he drops out of the first day based on what he's done this year and in las tyear's playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad