Where has Damien Brunner's scoring gone?

loLZokAY

str8 gonger
Apr 11, 2011
There's nothing wrong with Brunner, he's simply hitting the fatigue wall. He's used to 3 hour bus trip max, and now he's flying across the United States. He was used to playing 30 some games, and now he's already nearly at 70 (IIRC). Simply put, he has never endured such an event like this, on top of it, he's faced with smaller ice and bigger bodies. I think him playing during the lockout helped him come out swinging in the beginning of the season, but then the rest of the league caught up.

If we have NHL players are that feeling the fatigue right now, you can only imagine what Brunner is feeling like right now. I wouldn't really pass any big judgments on what he can do until next season if he re-signs with us. I think he can bring a lot to the table. When he first came in here, he didn't back-check, he wasn't aggressive on the forecheck, he floated near the blue-line waiting for the outlet pass. What you can see now is him able to keep a hold of his man within the zone (he's getting better at D, certainly a worlds of a difference from the beginning, oh my...), he's pressuring the defense deep in the zone, challenging the corners, he's willing to go race for the puck and try to get it. I really like him and goose together right now, they seem to be making some magic on the ice. They just need to pot em now!

In the end, I think we just need to hold off until next season. It's great that at the age of 26 he's still willing to learn and change his game. Many at that age wouldn't be willing to change their game, or ways because it's been developed deep within them at this stage.

smurfyeah19

Feb 3, 2012
There's nothing wrong with Brunner, he's simply hitting the fatigue wall. He's used to 3 hour bus trip max, and now he's flying across the United States. He was used to playing 30 some games, and now he's already nearly at 70 (IIRC). Simply put, he has never endured such an event like this, on top of it, he's faced with smaller ice and bigger bodies. I think him playing during the lockout helped him come out swinging in the beginning of the season, but then the rest of the league caught up.

If we have NHL players are that feeling the fatigue right now, you can only imagine what Brunner is feeling like right now. I wouldn't really pass any big judgments on what he can do until next season if he re-signs with us. I think he can bring a lot to the table. When he first came in here, he didn't back-check, he wasn't aggressive on the forecheck, he floated near the blue-line waiting for the outlet pass. What you can see now is him able to keep a hold of his man within the zone (he's getting better at D, certainly a worlds of a difference from the beginning, oh my...), he's pressuring the defense deep in the zone, challenging the corners, he's willing to go race for the puck and try to get it. I really like him and goose together right now, they seem to be making some magic on the ice. They just need to pot em now!

In the end, I think we just need to hold off until next season. It's great that at the age of 26 he's still willing to learn and change his game. Many at that age wouldn't be willing to change their game, or ways because it's been developed deep within them at this stage.

Yup Datsyuk really took two years before he got legs to get used to the long grind of a season. Brunner will be just fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad