Where does your allegiance lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
What team (US or Canada) are you rooting for? Although one would assume that the americans would be for USA and Canadians would be for canada, it seems to be more derived from where their teams prospects are.
So...

Which team are you rooting for?

Im rooting for america sheerly because of The Wiz Kid, James Wisniewski. Id be rooting for Canada if he played there, though :p

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
I'm going for Canada. Carter, Richards, plus its where I live, so its a no-brainer. If Carter and Richards played on team USA I'd still go for Canada.

GO CANADA!!!!!

BCCHL inactive

I don't want to be jumpy on the issue.....but keep it clean here. I will be watching this thread.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Teemu08 said:
What team (US or Canada) are you rooting for? Although one would assume that the americans would be for USA and Canadians would be for canada, it seems to be more derived from where their teams prospects are.
So...

Which team are you rooting for?
Just to give you some support while half this board is sharpening their knives for you, I understand where you're coming from. I'm much more interested in seeing how my team's players do in tournaments than rooting for the US, but once my "boys" are out (which they are in this one), then I'll root for the US. If there are guys on more than one team, well, it's more to cheer for for me. :)

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Personally, I don't care that 3 Pens prospects are playing for Canada. I want USA to win. Although I was hoping for Mario to win gold at the Olympics.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I am just happy that the best teams are playing in the top game in the best tourney in the world. The best players for both countries are there and we will see who is better coached and better staffed and further along in thier programs and that is all that matters to me.

I get to watch Tambellini play against Brady Murray so I win all the way around there. I get to tell my devil mates that I were wrong when I said that Brady was as good as Parise and let them have a laugh at me for it in good sport. Well, the ncaa stats for the two don't show Parise to be the clear winner but his play in this tourney does without doubt.

So, my loyalty is to hockey and the great game that I get to watch. Brilliant.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
I know several of the Canadian players so am rooting for them personally - but I would always cheer for Canada regardless! :p

Let's hope for a great game with the right result - the return of Gold to Canada! :handclap:

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Well mate, the "right result" will be the best team winning. That bit will sort itself out. It isn't USA or Canada that is the "right result". It is the best team winning and come the end of the game, the "right result" will have happened.

;) Cheers.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
How about Anshankov eh mate? Dandy like I said he were. Straka tied the game in the final seconds for the Kings so that bit is brilliant for them too. Solid deal for both clubs it seems.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
punchy1 said:
Well mate, the "right result" will be the best team winning. That bit will sort itself out. It isn't USA or Canada that is the "right result". It is the best team winning and come the end of the game, the "right result" will have happened.

;) Cheers.

I have to be a "fan" once in a while - the "right result" will be a win for the good guys.

Cheers back at you. :rolly:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't really like either team, but because there are three Penguins prospects on Canada I will root for them I guess.

Once the playoffs were set, I was rooting for the underdog, Finland, even though there are no Penguins prospects on that team. Before that, Switzerland because of Bartschi.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I don't care either way, I only watch WJCs for prospect evaluation and to get a look at some future NHL guys. The only "cheering" I've done during this tournament has been for the Red Wings' prospects (Filppula, Hulder, Meech, etc.). In some ways I wouldn't mind seeing the USA win because they never have before, their developmental system deserves some recognition of this form, and this is probably their best shot at winning.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
I'll be rooting for Canada...

This U-20 team Canada brought to the tourney this year is a great combination of heart, grit and determination.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
I take offence to your statement about USA using diving tactics any more than the Fins or most of the teams have in this tourney. Saying that sort of thing is in my opinion taking a cheap shot that isn't true and can only be taken as offencive.

I have to wonder if you would ever support usa to begin with. I hope that my response doesn't offend you or anyone else as I am merely trying to respond to what I feel isn't a correct statement and do not mean to offend and if I have I am sorry in advance and if you pm me I will take down the offencive post asap.

I just think that it appears that you are making a statement that doesn't have merit and is aimed to having a piss at the yanks who you wouldn't have supported to begin with but, if that is offencive then as I said, let me know so I can apologize and remove the post with haste.

Cheers.

IceMelter

Feb 23, 2003
The Wack
Oh Canada!
smilie_flagge17.gif

USA is going down!
cheeky-smiley-021.gif

Looking forward to a great game between the two, should be awesome to watch, and I actually don't have to get up at 5 too watch this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad