Speculation: Where does Tyler Myers get traded to after his bonus gets paid this week? Previous rumor was San Jose.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
I thought the hold up was just his bonus being paid and there would be a line up of teams wanting him?
We have a hole in the right side without him, we will hold him until Bear comes back IMO. I also think the line was so long and excited that they had to shut things down for a bit… you know to let them calm down and and come up
With offers. Last I heard it was just a bunch of old white dudes flashing nipples trying to get the attention of Rutherford… really ugly scene from what I gather.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
don't we have a large thread on him where the only hold up was the nucks paying his bonus?
Yup. Some fans thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd be gone Sept 15th. They sorely underestimated his negative value coming from his chaos giraffe play and $6m cap hit

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yup. Some fans thought it was a foregone conclusion he'd be gone Sept 15th. They sorely underestimated his negative value coming from his chaos giraffe play and $6m cap hit
it his cap hit and certain people saying "oh we will take a contract back" but we have no idea just what contract the canucks are willing to take back

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

There aren't that many teams that can absorb his cap hit, it was never just about the signing bonus. It just expanded the list teams that could make a trade.

Last edited:

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
His greatest value would be as a tank commander.

1697658923536.png

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
He's the Sabres active leading playoff scorer.
You don’t understand, dude, this isn’t that same Tyler Myers. He is capable of flare bursts, rarely, but they can last months. Which is why I said he may be useful after a trade for the following months

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Probably best you give us Laughton and we leave behind our first and a mid tier prospect.
Cap doesn't remotely work. Philly only has $900k in cap space and Laughton only makes $3m. Where does Philly find another $2+m in cap space. I see they have some guys on ir but no one on ltir

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Cap doesn't remotely work. Philly only has $900k in cap space and Laughton only makes $3m. Where does Philly find another $2+m in cap space. I see they have some guys on ir but no one on ltir
Moving the all-but-retired Ryan Ellis to LTIR. Ellis is known not to be able to return, he's only not on LTIR because we don't benefit from putting him there until and unless we can do something better with that cap space.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I dont understand how hundreds of paragraphs were written by some Vancouver fans that somebody was going to take Myers after the bonus was payed. There was never a chance boys

Reactions: Tempo

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2