Speculation: Where does Tavares end up?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
They were planning to let those guys walk for months. I do think they get JT, but this was gonna happen either way.

Yeah I believe it was reported that JVR wouldn't be back before teams were even allowed to make contact with Tavares.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Apparently we've made contact with Anthony DuClair. Interesting that Chicago let him go and signed Kunitz.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
He will be 37 when it expires. At that time 6.5M will probably be the going rate for a backup goalie (joking), but in the meantime what the absolute f*** Yzerman? We plan on sheltering Sergachev for 7 years or are we just gonna start playing him on the right side? Cause that's incredibly dumb.

Legitimately the first move (off the top of my head) that makes me irritated at Yzerman. One more year and then let him walk...thats all you had to do Steve.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I thought Tavares was creating a bidding war but now I’m convinced he is officially a head case. An entire year with a big agency research team and you still can’t figure it out. WTF. Plus, he’s got team’s holding off other decisions, and maybe missing opportunities. It lacks professional courtesy.

Reactions: A1LeafNation

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
11M is actually decent.

But it's bad for us. Kucherov is a better player and probably the best RW in the game at the moment so he could easily command 10-12M. Over stretching the terms on 5x5s and resigning McDonagh is gonna come back to haunt us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->