Prospect Info: Where does Rudolf Balcers fit in the pool?

Where does Rudolf Balcers fit in the pool?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Liked what I've seen of Balcers thus far.

Good speed and shot with some nice mitts.

Looks like he'll be an NHLer. Haven't seen enough of him yet to say with confidence that he's a top 6 forward in the making.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Well, maybe I'm wrong, maybe EK wouldn't have returned more at the deadline, maybe there was in fact NO TEAM that EK would extend with. Maybe he absolutely wants to test the UFA market.

And yes, any Sens fan should pray that the Sharks miss the playoffs this year (or next if not). Getting a 1-16th OA pick would be really awesome, and who knows, could end up high.

That's not how I see it. The poster gave his personal scouting report. What's wrong being high on certain prospects?

He said he is very confident that Balcers can be a 50-60 pts forwards? It's obviously good but nothing outrageous. Forwards have done it 278 times (over 50 pts) in the last 3 seasons (93 times per season on average). Overhyping would have been saying Balcers WILL BE a +70 pts forward

He also said Balcers has Havlat type dangling ability. It's high praise but it's just an observation based on skill level. Have you watched both close enough? What's your opinion on this?

What else did he say? That Balcers was 20 last year and led the Barricuda in production despite not playing with constant line mates or High end talent? Because that's fact. That he is legit? Again, this opinion, don't see where this is overhyping.

Or when he showed what Bob Hartley thinks about Balcers? Ok so Hartley has been overhyping? It wasn't the poster doing it but somebody who is IN the hockey world.

Uh... Did he say anything relative to Stone? He just listed their AHL stats...

Schiefele is a 50-60 pts player? He is an absolute beast, one of my favorite players.

Since 2015-16, out of forwards who played at least 50% of their team's games (123), Mark is 10th in PPG (0.97) behind McDavid, Malkin, Crosby, Kane, Kucherov, Marchand, Wheeler, Stamkos and Benn. He is pretty much among the Elite.
Lol what scouting report?? He just cut and pasted Hartley's quotes and saw some highlights from YouTube. If he didnt wanted to compare him to Stone, why he put up is stats side by side? All I'm saying let the kid play and let him develop. For all we know he can be the next Linus Olmark, Robbie Schremp, Josh Ho Sang, etc.....but then again I'll like to be proven wrong about him.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
With the unfortunate injury to BT (and Chlapik) I'm hoping he fits on the second or third line in Ottawa.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So where does he fit lol?

I put Lajoie #5 to avoid confusion because nobody expected him to be that good that quick. It's hard to vote for Balcers or Norris if Lajoie is still at #12

1- Brady Tkachuk
2- Logan Brown
3- Colin White

4- Drake Batherson
5- Maxime Lajoie
6- Alex Formenton
7- Filip Gustavsson
8- Filip Chlapik
9- Jacob Bernard-Docker
10- Christian Wolanin
11- Christian Jaros
12- Jonny Tychonick
13- Rudolf Balcers
14- Ben Harpur
15- Gabriel Gagné
16- Marcus Hogberg
17- Aaron Luchuk
18- Johnny Gruden
19- Angus Crookshank
20- Markus Nurmi
21- Nick Paul
22- Andreas Englund
23- Joel Daccord
24- Parker Kelly
25- Julius Bergman
26- Jakov Novak
27- Andrew Sturtz
28- Kevin Mandolese
29- Luke Loheit
30- Jordan Hollett
31- Adam Tambellini
32- Miles Gendron
33- Filip Ahl
34- Todd Burgess
35- Jack Rodewald
36- Patrick Sieloff
37- Macoy Erkamps

That's where the majority told me to put Balcers... It might look silly very soon.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So where does he fit lol?

I put Lajoie #5 to avoid confusion because nobody expected him to be that good that quick. It's hard to vote for Balcers or Norris if Lajoie is still at #12

1- Brady Tkachuk
2- Logan Brown
3- Colin White

4- Drake Batherson
5- Maxime Lajoie
6- Alex Formenton
7- Filip Gustavsson
8- Filip Chlapik
9- Jacob Bernard-Docker
10- Christian Wolanin
11- Christian Jaros
12- Jonny Tychonick
13- Rudolf Balcers
14- Ben Harpur
15- Gabriel Gagné
16- Marcus Hogberg
17- Aaron Luchuk
18- Johnny Gruden
19- Angus Crookshank
20- Markus Nurmi
21- Nick Paul
22- Andreas Englund
23- Joel Daccord
24- Parker Kelly
25- Julius Bergman
26- Jakov Novak
27- Andrew Sturtz
28- Kevin Mandolese
29- Luke Loheit
30- Jordan Hollett
31- Adam Tambellini
32- Miles Gendron
33- Filip Ahl
34- Todd Burgess
35- Jack Rodewald
36- Patrick Sieloff
37- Macoy Erkamps

That's where the majority told me to put Balcers... It might look silly very soon.

If I were to guess, I'd say he'd pop up around 6 or 7 with Brown dropping down to 8 or so.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If I were to guess, I'd say he'd pop up around 6 or 7 with Brown dropping down to 8 or so.

Ok but Brown has played 1 AHL this year (and was racking points in the preseason). Imagine Balcers-Brown-Batherson... They're still lighting it up with Chlapik and Paul as their center.

Small sample size, but hard to deny Lajoie's potential anymore... Always was high on Drake but damn he is for real. Might have underestimated Balcers. Anyway, with recent development, here's my own ranking now (whih will continue to change this season)

1- Brady Tkachuk
2- Drake Batherson
3- Logan Brown
4- Maxime Lajoie
5- Rudolf Balcers
6- Filip Chlapik
7- Colin White
8- Alex Formenton
9- Christian Wolanin
10- Jacob Bernard-Docker
11- Filip Gustavsson
12- Christian Jaros
13- Jonny Tychonick
14- Ben Harpur
15- Nick Paul

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Balcers is top three for me... but I was a huge fan of his before the trade went down... Balcers has electrifying offensive ability... the dude can dangle like Havlat.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Balcers is top three for me... but I was a huge fan of his before the trade went down... Balcers has electrifying offensive ability... the dude can dangle like Havlat.
World Championship OT goal

I like his confidence and creativity.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Nice little steal in on the forecheck too.

I'm not as bullish on him as some fans in here seem to be, but there's no doubt he'll be a player.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
What's this guys projections or comparisons?

Someone mentioned MacArthur somewhere, and I think that’s perfect.

Quick, two way scorer with good instincts. Not the biggest guys, but their speed allows them to succeed while maybe being a little undersized.

Don’t know if Balcers has the grit that Mac did, but if he does, he’s the perfect complimentary playmaking top 6’er.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
1- Brady Tkachuk
2- Drake Batherson
3- Logan Brown
4- Maxime Lajoie
5- Rudolf Balcers
6- Filip Chlapik
7- Colin White
8- Alex Formenton
9- Christian Wolanin
10- Jacob Bernard-Docker
11- Filip Gustavsson
12- Christian Jaros
13- Jonny Tychonick
14- Ben Harpur
15- Nick Paul

For me:

1. Tkachuk
2. Lajoie (proving himself at the NHL level gives him a leg up on the other guys, especially for a difficult position like D)
3. Formenton (speed is too much of a weapon these days and this guy might be one of the 3 fastest guys in the league)
4. Batherson
5. Balcers
6. Brown
7. Wolanin (still have really high hopes that this is another scoring two-way puck mover in the making)
8. Chlapik (has lost a little of his lustre when compared to some of the guys higher up on the ranking but certainly not as far off as his ranking would indicate)
9. Gustavsson (goalies by default never get as much love as they deserve and it's even worse when you're talking about projecting prospects)
10. Bernard-Docker
11. Tychonick
12. Norris (has a ways to go but could be a guy who catapults in to the top 5 next year)

*Didn't include White because I'd consider him graduated to the NHL now which means he's not a prospect anymore.

Reactions: pown

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Chlapik is so underated IMO.

I would have them ranked like this:

Tkachuk
Batherson
Chlapik
Brown
Lajoie
White
Balcers
Formenton

Formenton is and will be a good player but his impact won't be as great as the other guys above him IMO. Unless his hands catch up to his speed he'll be a middle 6 forward. A great one but still a middle 6. White is simply getting shafted by Boucher because when he gets a chance he puts up numbers and plays well. Brown is a good player but he needs to put in some work to be on Chlapik's level.

Formenton is still young and could move up but I just don't see the top end impact that others above him in the list could potentially have.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
For me:

1. Tkachuk
2. Lajoie (proving himself at the NHL level gives him a leg up on the other guys, especially for a difficult position like D)
3. Formenton (speed is too much of a weapon these days and this guy might be one of the 3 fastest guys in the league)
4. Batherson
5. Balcers
6. Brown
7. Wolanin (still have really high hopes that this is another scoring two-way puck mover in the making)
8. Chlapik (has lost a little of his lustre when compared to some of the guys higher up on the ranking but certainly not as far off as his ranking would indicate)
9. Gustavsson (goalies by default never get as much love as they deserve and it's even worse when you're talking about projecting prospects)
10. Bernard-Docker
11. Tychonick
12. Norris (has a ways to go but could be a guy who catapults in to the top 5 next year)

*Didn't include White because I'd consider him graduated to the NHL now which means he's not a prospect anymore.

Why is White considered graduated but not Tkachuk, Lajoie and even Formenton? What are your criterias?

As I have said many times, that's why HF (or any other prospects source) have established black & white NHL Prospect criterias, because if not, everybody could have different ones. You're free to have yours though, doesn't matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad