Top 4 defense
Top 6 defense

goalie

Powerplay

PK

1st is the highest

Put your answer like this

Power play (2) Penguins,Jets

Means Jets will be 2nd in powerplay this year behind Penguins.

Thanks

Im trying to analyze where they fall in each of those.

I believe they are top 5 in all at least except PK, which is top 10.

Then see how many teams are comparable in terms of overall team depth going into the season.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler, would rank 1st(IMO, there’s just too much talent but if it’s CSW than it’s top 10).

Our top 6 is probably Top 5(due to the issue at 2C)

Our Top 4 Defence would be Top 10

Jets Top 6 would likely be Top 10 aswell

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
1st
1st
1st
1st
1st

Oh wait, I thought I was posting on the Leafs board. My bad.
TSN's Dreger just said the Jets are not a Cup Contender, they lost 5 vets, and should be a playoff contender, and then see what happens from there?? WTF? Seriously how does this guy keep his job............I am not a Jets fan, but man he pi$$ed me off....

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
TSN's Dreger just said the Jets are not a Cup Contender, they lost 5 vets, and should be a playoff contender, and then see what happens from there?? WTF? Seriously how does this guy keep his job............I am not a Jets fan, but man he pi$$ed me off....

It's quite obvious why. He's got solid insider sources that trust him.

I like him as an insider generally. I want people to underestimate the Jets too. :laugh:

Reactions: JetBlue420

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

I’m not really that thrilled about the situation either. Our division rivals got stronger, Knights who we already couldn’t beat added our 2C and Montreal’s sniper captain on top of that. St Louis also took steps forward. We are solely counting on internal growth while lost some good players.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario

I laughed. He also made it sound like ownership/managment just want to make the playoffs. They wont say it but my bet is that everyone in the organization would not call this season a success if we just make it and lose in round 1. We are in win now. Yes making it will be tough on its own and get in and see what happens is a fine approach but to not consider us contenders is a joke. We are still going to be a top 5 or 6 team in the league. Losing 5 players.... give me a break we lost 3 in my books that matter. 1 was a 2C who we managed to be #2 in the West without ( Altough he likely was the difference in the Nashville series) and we lost a glorified 3rd liner which can be replaced. Enstrom maybe hurts a bit but when healthy I am fine with our current D. Overall maybe we take a small/tiny step back but thats where you expect our 5/6 top young guys to take 1 step up each which is very possible.... IMO the only way we are not contenders is if Helle gets hurt (knock on wood) or he takes a BIG step back

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I’m not really that thrilled about the situation either. Our division rivals got stronger, Knights who we already couldn’t beat added our 2C and Montreal’s sniper captain on top of that. St Louis also took steps forward. We are solely counting on internal growth while lost some good players.

Statsny/ Patches >> Neal/Perron and Vegas is young as well. IMO they are a playoff lock likely 1/2 in division and a threat to us in the playoffs. Blues got quite a bit better as well they will also be a playoff lock IMO and will likely battle us and Nashville in a tight 3 team race for 1/2/3 in the Central

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Statsny/ Patches >> Neal/Perron and Vegas is young as well. IMO they are a playoff lock likely 1/2 in division and a threat to us in the playoffs. Blues got quite a bit better as well they will also be a playoff lock IMO and will likely battle us and Nashville in a tight 3 team race for 1/2/3 in the Central

I think they’re just as likely to fall back to earth as they are to make the playoffs this year.

Reactions: JetBlue420

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Stastny was the only one that matters and he was a TD rental. Of course Hendricks did bring a lot of glue that will be sorely missed :sarcasm:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Meh, keep underestimating the Jets Dreger. Yes the central got tougher, and I expect the Jets finishing no worst then 3rd. It’s the Playoffs that they will do the true damage.

Reactions: Jets 31

jpell007

Jan 16, 2015
It's quite obvious why. He's got solid insider sources that trust him.

I like him as an insider generally. I want people to underestimate the Jets too. :laugh:
Agreed. This seemed like a targeted ad towards Jets fans via True North to temper expectations. Losing Toby, Hendricks, Matthias & Mason is negligible. Obviously Stastny is a massive loss but anyone who's anyone knows this team was real good before we acquired him. Full disclosure, I'm a local who's drinking the Kool-aid but it seems foolish to think we're not a contender for the Cup this season.

So like I said, either a favour to Chevy & Chipman to temper expectations locally or just a lame hot take.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Dreger has been in Toronto too long , he knows and follows the Leafs too much and doesn't obviously know enough about the Jets . Having said that i hope everyone around the league thinks the Jets are no good , it'll just make winning that much sweeter . :wedgie:

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad