Prospect Info: Where does Hayes rank in our prospect rankings? (Part 2)

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Okay, so as promised, here's part 2 of the 2-part ranking. With close to 90% of the votes, it's clear that folks think he ranks somewhere in the top 5. The question is where?

I left the last vote open through the weekend since it was summer, but the vast majority of folks responded within 48 hours, so that's what I'll do this time.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I put him at #5. I know that this doesn't jibe with our "official" rankings, but in my personal list I'd rank them as follows:

Miller
Skjei (very much torn as to 1-2)
Duclair
Buchnevich
Hayes

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll slot him in at 5. I like the high-end potential of Duclair and Buchnevich over Hayes at the moment.

SupersonicMonkey*

My reasoning for Hayes being outside the top 5 and in the next 5, is because IMO Duclair and Buchnevich have more upside. Miller and Skjei are our clear 1 and 2.

But Halverson, a potential #1 caliber goaltender has to be in the top 5, IMO. Even if he is blocked by a surefire Hall of Fame goaltender.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
miller, skjei, buch, duclair, and mcilrath all belong in the discussion of being higher than Hayes. Hayes hasnt done anything...yet.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
1.Miller
2.Skjei
3.Duclair

4/5 is like yin and yang for me. Went with Hayes at 4, though Buch could have been.

4. Hayes
5. Buchnevic
6. McIlrath <- Which is the most sad thing about this. Year after year he doesn't move up the list.

miller, skjei, buch, duclair, and mcilrath all belong in the discussion of being higher than Hayes. Hayes hasnt done anything...yet.
Really the only things Buch and McIlrath have shown that Hayes hasn't is that they've plaid with pros and with his size and style I don't think there's any question he can do that.
I consider Skjei a sure enough NHLer that his higher ceiling trumps Miller's polish.
Agreed. IMO, Duclair, Skjei, and Buch have the highest potential.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
1.Miller
2.Skjei
3.Duclair

4/5 is like yin and yang for me. Went with Hayes at 4, though Buch could have been.

4. Hayes
5. Buchnevic
6. McIlrath <- Which is the most sad thing about this. Year after year he doesn't move up the list.

Really the only things Buch and McIlrath have shown that Hayes hasn't is that they've plaid with pros and with his size and style I don't think there's any question he can do that.

Agreed. IMO, Duclair, Skjei, and Buch have the highest potential.

theres always a question. Grachev had size, speed, and a great shot. couldnt put it all together. tons of guys with his combination of size and skill that never put it together.

i like the move, i just thing a lot of ppl who have already done it, should be ranked higher. Skjei gets a pass because doing it as a defenseman is always harder.

free0717

Apr 14, 2004
Old Bridge, NJ
theres always a question. Grachev had size, speed, and a great shot. couldnt put it all together. tons of guys with his combination of size and skill that never put it together.

i like the move, i just thing a lot of ppl who have already done it, should be ranked higher. Skjei gets a pass because doing it as a defenseman is always harder.

If you asked Gordie Clark where McIlrath lines up on the list, I bet its no lower than 3

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I put him at 5, because I had no other choice. But, just to think we added a kid of that size and caliber of talent for next to nothing says many good things about which direction our organization is going. We're looking better and better, the cupboard is no longer barren.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00