Speculation: Where does Gudas go, and what does he get?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
That sucks. Nisky was great for us and ideally you want both teams to like their trades.
Good for Nisky. Loved him in DC and he was a huge part of the Caps success, so I’m glad to see he bounced back from a pretty bad year last season. If he was a UFA this year I’d actually want him back in DC.

As for Gudas, he just never seemed comfortable. He wasn’t any where near the intimidating presence I remember him being with the Flyers and he really struggled with defensive zone assignments. I thought it was going to be a great trade for both teams, and I still think it was a good deal for the Caps given it helped them free up cap space to re-sign Vrana and add a few free agents, but I was hoping for more from Gudas.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
Toronto seems like a major fit. They would probably need to move one of the mid sixers they have out though to make cap space. He probably gets 3.5-4 mil for 4 years

I dont know a whole lot about Gudas but I know hes tough as hell but isnt he also pretty good defensively?

Is 4 million an overpay for him?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
It's not easy but like I said the Leafs have enough depth at forward that they can trade a couple guys and not even really suffer from it.

It's not easy but it is possible that they could bring in a top 4 D and Gudas

I think your suggestion of Manson/Savard is the better route but I don't know if Leafs will move what's necessary. I think if you bring that guy in + Gudas at likely 3.5 with some term you're going to be setting yourself up for problems

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think your suggestion of Manson/Savard is the better route but I don't know if Leafs will move what's necessary. I think if you bring that guy in + Gudas at likely 3.5 with some term you're going to be setting yourself up for problems

That depends entirely on the term, the right side needs A LOT of help, enough that one guy isn't doing it even if you brought in a Manson, Savard, Larsson type you need that 2nd guy because the right side is that thin, right now it is basically Justin Holl, that's it.

Justin Holl was a pleasant surprise and a testament to the Marlies development but if he's the guy on the Right Side your Right Side is in trouble

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
That depends entirely on the term, the right side needs A LOT of help, enough that one guy isn't doing it even if you brought in a Manson, Savard, Larsson type you need that 2nd guy because the right side is that thin, right now it is basically Justin Holl, that's it.

Justin Holl was a pleasant surprise and a testament to the Marlies development but if he's the guy on the Right Side your Right Side is in trouble

I think you have to hope for one of Dermott or Lehtonen to competently play the off hand

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
It's very apparent you know nothing about Larsson, which is fine, but why pretend you do? In saying that, feel free to keep deluding yourself into believing you do. Based on some comments you made on another proposal I'm guessing you either don't watch the West or are very unknowledgeable about hockey in general. Not sure which but I'd suggest some humility instead of pretending to be an expert and telling other fanbases whats up. Kind of makes you look foolish.
I agree with him Larsson is a physical dman but Gudas is an NHL heavyweight. Him and Ryan Reaves are the two toughest guys in the NHL. Larsson would get absolutely demolished in a fight against Gudas.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Wow when did the hockey world consensus become that Gudas is actually a decent hockey player, and not that "he's a no skill dirty goon".

To say I'm surprised by the comments is an understatement. Props, my friends.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Wow when did the hockey world consensus become that Gudas is actually a decent hockey player, and not that "he's a no skill dirty goon".

To say I'm surprised by the comments is an understatement. Props, my friends.

I still see him as a no skill dirty goon. But he also reminds me of a bully from my school years, so I know I'm not objective. I tend to try and stay out of Gudas conversations. But for my own enjoyment, I hope he doesn't sign with Toronto.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo should go after him for 4y 5per.

Only coming here with an overpay, but he’d be perfect for Dahlin/Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->