Where does Gaudreau rank among wingers?

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
#1 if this is the real Gaudreau. Won't say that until the seasons over though. He is next level right now.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm not sure honestly. is his strong play sustainable? if so just how good is he? please help me

To be honest, you've got to watch him. It's really hard sometimes to trust other people's opinions because we are all so different in what we think. You're better off taking a look at him yourself and see why he is tied in points with Kucherov and will most likely be contending for the top spot in points in the league. I know Stamkos and Kucherov are good on their own, but they also have the benefit of being on the same line. Gaudreau is driving the Flames' 1st line and helping Monahan and Ferland have career years.

Reactions: CF84

Duffalufagus

Jan 4, 2017
I'd say top five, honestly.

Kucherov
Kane
Ovechkin
Draisatl
Gaudreau
Drai isn’t playing in the same universe as Johnny right now. Not even in the conversation, really. Ovechkin, in 2017/18, not on same level either.

Edit: the Great 8 with two beauties in the first!

Last edited:
Reactions: DickSmehlik

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
#2.

1. Kucherov
2. Gaudreau
3. P.Kane
4. Tarasenko
5. Ovechkin

HM: Benn, Voracek, Stone, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Marchand

Reactions: Mitts

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
He needs to keep it up for the season but he certainly looks top 5 right now.

One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things, doesn't belong.
Can you Tell which thing is not like the others
By the time, Leon stops playing with Conner.

True, Kane beat up a cab driver, but this is about hockey.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Kucherov and Kane are #1 and #2. After that there's a group of Ovechkin, Benn, Tarasenko imo. Gaudreau slots in anywhere there so #3-6.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
60 points in his last 45 games.

173 points in 173 games when you exclude his rookie year. Only Kane and Kucherov have a higher PPG among wingers since Gaudreau's sophomore year, and he's done it with way less support than others.

I'd say there's a good argument for him to be #1. Though I've been arguing that for years.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad