Where does Florida finish in the new division?

Where does Florida finish in the new division?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
If Tampa loses Kucherov and Stamkos, plus you factor in the hangover...there might be an opportunity to jump ahead of them. Still a solid team though despite that.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Can some people here just man up and say the Panthers will be in the bottom two?

Don't see it. I know it's easy to be skeptical, but realistically if we get goaltending, I think we'll be in a fight for that 4th spot. The team is going to be way deeper than last year, more youthful and we won't have to worry about Matheson. Plus we don't have D playing F.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm pretty low on them but they were never going to finish worse than a completely tanking Hawks and Wings team.

If Tampa loses Kucherov and Stamkos, plus you factor in the hangover...there might be an opportunity to jump ahead of them. Still a solid team though despite that.

If he's out for the season they don't have to move Killorn or Johnson, their roster is still fantastic they'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a 2015 Hawks move like they did with Kane and let him chill and bring him back for the playoffs when there's no cap. Dallas is the team I'm low on. Barely did better than Florida, Seguin and Bishop out 60-75% of the season. Their defense is great but there's serious questions on where the goals will come from and if Kudobin can be a great starter.

Reactions: RogerRoger

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
4th to 6th. There is a tiny chance that the team really clicks + Bob returns to his top form which has us finishing even better, as well as the nightmare scenario where nothing clicks and Bob has another bad year which has us even lower, but realistically we should be competing for that last playoff spot.

This is the Panthers so obviously we're going to finish 5th and draft at n.16.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
3 to 6. I think we will be a tougher team to play against this year. Tougher “D”, better on the boards. Hopefully, better in net. I’m more hopeful than the last few years.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Anywhere from 3-6, I have no idea to be honest. I’d rather have an expectation of making it, but we know what happens when that’s the case. So I actually prefer the fact we know we’ll be in the mix, new group, and just watch it play out. Who performs, who bounces back vs last season, will play style change? Lots of questions, curious to see how things play out

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Here are the teams in the division, and the order I think they finish.

1. Tampa
2. Carolina
3. Columbus
4. Dallas
5. Nashville
6. Florida
7. Chicago
8. Detroit

I predicted 7th a couple of weeks ago, but I'm feeling more optimistic and think we finish 6th.

I think you have Columbus and Dallas reversed and also Nashville and Florida reversed. Otherwise, good list.

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
  1. TB
  2. CAR
  3. DAL
  4. FLA
  5. CLB
  6. NSH
  7. DET
  8. CHI
After an early examination, the one change I think I would make (if I could only make one) would be to swap Carolina and Dallas. Dallas looks good, real good. They might even challenge Tampa for the top spot.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
No chance they sniff the top 3 and will be competing with Nashville and CBJ for the 4th spot. At that point it's a toss up and could go to any one of those teams.

My expectations are extremely low this season.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

giphy.gif

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
25 teams in the league are 1 or 2 key injuries from a disaster though. Yeah of course, this team isn't unbeatable or anything, but it looks pretty solid. Too much is being made of losing Hoff and Dads, plus I think they are being a little too generously glorified in retrospect. Hoff was a zombie for half of last season, and Dads for almost as long, and he sucked against the Isles. I think with adding Horny and Duclair, we're only losing a handful of goals, and our overall team depth is much better.

you are the Oracle!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->