Friedman: Duchene Mega-Thread Pt. 1 - Ottawa fielding offers, NSH & CBJ interested; Duchene sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Never know that could be a good home for him.. Has a chance to be the #1C there on a pretty decent team

What are the rules about playoff rentals? If Islanders do trade from him can they sign him to a 8 year deal on June 30th?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
What are the rules about playoff rentals? If Islanders do trade from him can they sign him to a 8 year deal on June 30th?

I don't think so .. I think its 7 but not sure. Thats why people are saying the 8x8 supposedly offered by Ottawa is not that bad.. But I think the chance to win is more important to Duchene

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yes, the deadline for signing an 8 year deal is the previous trade deadline

I thought I heard somebody once say if you trade for a player around the Deadline who is an upcoming UFA, you can only resign that player to a 7 year deal(not 8), which is stupid because technically you have that players rights right up to June 30.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I thought I heard somebody once say if you trade for a player around the Deadline who is an upcoming UFA, you can only resign that player to a 7 year deal(not 8), which is stupid because technically you have that players rights right up to June 30.

The way I understood it, as long as you acquire the player before the trade deadline you can offer 8 years. Remember that the trade deadline is not a trade freeze but a deadline for declaring your playoff roster.

Reactions: Fro

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Wasnt Dorion going to tell the other teams about Duchene and Stone's availability 10 days before the tdl? What happened to that?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Panarin for Duchense makes so much sense. Columbus does not want to trade Pani for futures, whereas Ottawa would absolutely love to.

Unless Columbus can re-sign Duchene, I don't see how that makes sense.
If Panarin and Duchene are both considered rental, then it would be better to keep Panarin for a playoff run since he is better

Reactions: Toe Pick

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm starting to wonder if Pittsburgh does take whatever futures they have left push them all to tgemiddle and go get Duchene because if Carolina wins tonight Pittsburgh is out, now they likely beat the Rangers tomorrow and get right back in but even then, they are in by 1 point they have to do something

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I’d love to see Carolina push for Duchene.

Aho
Duchene
Staal

Looks pretty solid down the middle for the playoffs. Maybe the storm surges, tailgating with BBQ, and low key media market will entice him to be a long term core piece to a young team on the rise.

Reactions: Marlowe Syn

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I’d love to see Carolina push for Duchene.

Aho
Duchene
Staal

Looks pretty solid down the middle for the playoffs. Maybe the storm surges, tailgating with BBQ, and low key media market will entice him to be a long term core piece to a young team on the rise.

That's risky for Carolina because they aren't in yet so that 1st which Ottawa WILL want is still a lottery pick and as was proven last year those lottery picks can jump

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'd like the Habs to sign him honestly. Next year we can run

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Domi - Duchene - Suzuki
Tatar -Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Shaw - Byron

I like that forward group.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He'd look really good in Calgary as the 2C playing beside Matty Tkachuk.
Including our 1st, what would be the ask out of Ottawa?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Looks like Sens are exploring trade options officially as per HNIC 2nd period news update. What is your trade offer for Duchene?

Stats: GP 49, Goals 27, Assists 29, PTS 56

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
1st, Milano, Carlson, Abramov

Open to counters.

Prospect notes:
Gavrikov/Peeke off limits for D prospects. Foudy/Tex off table for Fs prospects. Tarasov/Elvis not moving for goalie kids.

Roster notes:
Players on the roster that are movable for the right price would be Wennberg, Nash, Duclair, Sedlak, Savard, Harringron, Dubinsky, Bobrovski, Panarin, Bjorkstrand, Hanikeinan and Kukan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->