Friedman: Duchene Mega-Thread Pt. 1 - Ottawa fielding offers, NSH & CBJ interested; Duchene sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Oh for sure Toronto doesnt need Duchene,but hypothetically if they were to offer the most PD needs to take that deal

I mean this is the same GM who *Apparently* (according to a verified twitter source, unfortunately I can't remember who) had a better offer to for Karlsson to an Eastern team but didn't. But yes I agree

Reactions: topshelf15

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
What would Habs offer for him? Not so up to date with your prospects so can't really judge. But im curious.

I would love to see Drouin - Duchesne - Domi (triple D)

Habs could Offer : Petry - Shaw - Poehling - 2rd

Ottawa : Duchesne (signed 6 years at 9mil) - 4 rd

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Columbus makes far too much sense and can provide a a good offer for him whether it be picks, prospects, a mix of both, or a rostered player / combination.

Duchene would immediately slot into the 1/2 C spot , a luxury Columbus has never had in its existence (2 prime centers.)

If they can do a sign and trade I can see Columbus giving up something such as Wennberg + Bjorkstrand/Carlson + Milano. + a pick.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Possibly. I just think Duchene would cost too many assets. Plus I doubt Little is going to waive his NMC to go to Ottawa.

No chance Little waives to leave a top 5 team & contender to go to......the Sens.

Reactions: Snowman

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Columbus makes far too much sense and can provide a a good offer for him whether it be picks, prospects, a mix of both, or a rostered player / combination.

Duchene would immediately slot into the 1/2 C spot , a luxury Columbus has never had in its existence (2 prime centers.)

If they can do a sign and trade I can see Columbus giving up something such as Wennberg + Bjorkstrand/Carlson + Milano. + a pick.

Columbus makes the most sense, imo. That being said, I don't think you could bank on him coming with an extension and I'm not convinced the Sens management would want a guy like Wennberg coming back when we have cheaper options up the middle.

What (if anything) would the Blue Jackets add to Milano and a 1st for a rental Duchene?

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Ottawa as much as I think the sens want to keep stone they realize a center is more important plus the optics of only getting two years from the trade.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure hope the Wild aren't in on him as a FA, even though that type of player is something they need. Avs fans would know better than me, but i don't trust the inconsistency of his game, and don't think he has what it takes to be a #1C, though you can argue that he did show that he was one at times earlier in his career.

When he's good his speed and moves are scary, but he's aging, and there are other times when you can't find him with a searchlight, and he makes dumb plays.

Reactions: InAbsensia

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Sure hope the Wild aren't in on him as a FA, even though that type of player is something they need. Avs fans would know better than me, but i don't trust the inconsistency of his game, and don't think he has what it takes to be a #1C, though you can argue that he did show that he was one at times earlier in his career.

When he's good his speed and moves are scary, but he's aging, and there are other times when you can't find him with a searchlight, and he makes dumb plays.

This doesn't sound like the guy we've seen for the last calendar year in Ottawa. I understand the optics of him going from one struggling team straight to another team that took a nosedive. Strictly looking at his on-ice play though he's absolutely been a legitimate #1 Center for the Senators. In an ideal world the Senators keep him (I'm not sure you'll find a single Sens fan who disagrees either) but we also know the realities of the situation.

I'm not trying to change your mind on him, but your post sounds like someone who has been reading about him on here and not actually watching his play on the ice. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't watch the Sens if I could avoid it.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
This doesn't sound like the guy we've seen for the last calendar year in Ottawa. I understand the optics of him going from one struggling team straight to another team that took a nosedive. Strictly looking at his on-ice play though he's absolutely been a legitimate #1 Center for the Senators. In an ideal world the Senators keep him (I'm not sure you'll find a single Sens fan who disagrees either) but we also know the realities of the situation.

I'm not trying to change your mind on him, but your post sounds like someone who has been reading about him on here and not actually watching his play on the ice. I don't blame you though, I wouldn't watch the Sens if I could avoid it.
Yeah everyone claims that he his a "locker room" cancer because he went from one trash team to another. I don't think Matt f***ing Duchene is the problem in Ottawa lmao...

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Do you see Brassard going back to Ottawa as well? He have been underwhelming in Pittsburgh but always had success in Ottawa.

1st + Brassard + prospect? Olli Maata?
I can't see Olli Maatta just because (according to sources, supposedly) the Penguins are very high on Maatta.

If the Pens were to go in on Duchene, it would be a pure rental. No way they re-sign him. Unless... *goes on CapFriendly*

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

He is literally doing it for almost 100 games since coming to Ottawa, I guess you havent watched him in a while? I think he ends up on Columbus or Montreal.

Reactions: branch

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018

The only problem is that Duchene would have to voluntarily want to play in Columbus

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

lol. that offer is laughable for an extended duchene.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

My goodness thats absolutely awful for the habs

Not to mention, the habs could just get him for free during the summer.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
The guy has openly said that he loves the city of Nashville and they were very much in the running for his services last year. I don’t think he’ll be a deadline addition for the preds but I fully expect them to be in conversation in the offseason

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

OMG .This is terrible for the Habs. We'll just wait till he hits UFA and than go after him.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Duchene will likely extend with either the Preds or Habs.

Sens need to move him, I believe EM will offer a slightly below market offer similar to EK in justifying a move. With less than a month remaining, it's unlikely he'll return and need to salvage whatever return possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad