Where does Arizona place next season?

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs next season. Bubble team at best. The lack of talent on that roster, even when healthy, is shocking.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I'd be surprised if they made the playoffs next season. Bubble team at best. The lack of talent on that roster, even when healthy, is shocking.

They’re a curious team to be sure. Other than Keller their 1st line and 3rd line really isn’t any different in talent. They’re a deep team full of mediocre to good players.

They’re a bubble team this season despite missing key players for half the season. They seem to do well as a team.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
they will keep running on the treadmill of mediocrity.

too bad to be good. too good to be bad

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They relied a lot on goaltending and depth players playing their asses off every night and it wasn't enough.

I'm predicting they'll be on the bubble again.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The coyotes have made a late push multiple times now and it has yet to carry over to the next season.

This is more than a late push. Since Jan. 1, they are 21-14-6. That's half the season. It's also 48 points, which is top 10 over that same time frame.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
This is more than a late push. Since Jan. 1, they are 21-14-6. That's half the season. It's also 48 points, which is top 10 over that same time frame.

So 1 more win than loss over a half season sample size, pacing for right around the playoff cutoff in the East. Is the west going to suck so bad again next year? Is Kuemper going to give them this kind of goaltending over 50+ games again? He was an .899 for them in 10 starts last year.

I'll repeat myself, I'll believe they are a playoff team when they can sustain success over a full season and make the playoffs. Its a lot easier to play well after the pressure is off and there are no expectations.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
It's 7 more. Let's not get creative. As long as that's the system, that's what counts.

Over a full season it projects to 96 points.

The last spot in the West over the past 10 seasons:

Colorado - 95
Nashville - 94
Minnesota - 87
Winnipeg - 99
Dallas - 91
Minnesota - 94 (prorated from 55)
Los Angeles - 95
Chicago - 97
Colorado - 95
Anaheim - 91

Last edited:

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Bubble team again. Though If Raanta can come back as good as he was in the last couple seasons and Kuemper can be as good as he has been down the stretch, they could be able to finish top 3 in the Pacific given how weak it is.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's a shame that they got so close after all these seasons outside of the playoffs.
I hope they can get in next year.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
It's 7 more. Let's not get creative. As long as that's the system, that's what counts.

Over a full season it projects to 96 points.

The last spot in the West over the past 10 seasons:

Colorado - 95
Nashville - 94
Minnesota - 87
Winnipeg - 99
Dallas - 91
Minnesota - 94 (prorated from 55)
Los Angeles - 95
Chicago - 97
Colorado - 95
Anaheim - 91

21-14 is not the same as 21-14-6. One of those teams wins 60% of their games, the other wins just over half. If you want to take away OTL then you have to take away Arizona's OT and SO wins as well (they have 9 on the season, not sure how that splits between first and second half).

If you are getting too many of your points 1 at a time that means the teams you are playing (typically your division/conference) are getting them 2 at a time when they play you.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
10-12th in the West.

Yes they have had a lot of injuries but it is a lot easier to replace those guys when the injured guys are mediocre. They may be top 6 or top 4 on the Coyotes but that doesn't make them good players.

Looking at that line-up for next year it is tough to see them being the any higher than the 10th best team in the league and it is unlikely that they improve in the off-season considering their GM and ownership.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
They just don't have enough high end players. Bubble team and that's if they have a good season. Lot of teams in the West were uncharacteristically bad this year, not sure if I see that continuing.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
"Where Does Arizona Place Next Season?"

Quebec City, if there was any justice in this world.

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Bubble team unless the bottom falls out of San Jose (Karlsson & Nyquist leaving, key players getting olders, Jones not upgraded in net).

Arizona could use more top end quality at forward next to Keller. I dont think Hayden will be a key contributor next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00