Where do you think the Kings finish in next years regular season standing?

Where do the Kings finish in next year’s regular season standings?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
This shortened season close to wrapping up across the league. And it looks like the Kings will finish around 25th in the standings. Where do you think this team ends up next year in the standings? Feel free to qualify your vote based on the offseason changes you’d like to see to make that prediction happen, if applicable.

I think we end up the same, around 25 or lower, but not the worst team in the league.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Their division won’t be that strong so it’s hard to say. With minimal changes, I could see them making the playoffs despite being outside of the top 16 teams league wide. But yeah, depends on what they do in the offseason. The potential for some bigger moves is there.

Master Yoda

LA Legends
Aug 6, 2003
El Paso
3rd or Wild Card. Pacific will have a bunch of mediocre teams.
And Kings will still need at least one of Byfield/Vilardi or another young guy to make top 6 fwd type contributions, and also for Anderson/Bjornfot to continue improving, and not play MacDermid in a game.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Colorado, StL, and Minnesota go back home the Central. Arizona leaves Pacific for Central. Seattle joins Pacific. Of course Vancouver, Calgary, and the Oilers return to Pacific from North.

I see the Kings as #3

Vegas/Oilers
Oilers/Vegas
Kings
Seattle
San Jose
Vancouver
Ducks
Calgary

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2006
Same as this year, the kings have a lot of growing to do in addition to getting good free agents which I’m skeptical about the Kings being able to accomplish. I don’t think the Kings will do anything bold via trade, draft, signing etc.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Just missing the playoffs. Having QB go through growing pains and other rookies on the roster will see us narrowly missing the playoffs. But 2022 - 2023...

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'll say wild card seed if we go by natural progression of just the younger players getting better and no other moves are made. But there's a lot of factors, we don't what Seattle is going to look like, are Calgary/Vancouver going to bounce back, what kind of moves are the Kings going to make, I'm always more optimistic than I probably should , but I've never been sold on Calgary and Vancouver has their own issues and I don't think Seattle will be as a successful as Vegas was, Sharks and Ducks are treading water. There's spots to be had I think.

Reactions: yankeeking

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
He stated that he's waiting on Chandler Stephenson to help turn the ship around.

LOL...that's pretty much what I would expect from him although I'm surprised that he even knows who Chandler Stephenson is. Maybe one of his overworked pro scouts recently saw him play in Vegas and was impressed.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Vancouver’s goaltending and growing pains are what should help , Sutter made immediate difference in our team so the fact they it hasn’t for them puts a big jump in the flames performance in doubt, we can’t be as bad against the ducks and sharks again right so we should pickup there also. I think the oilers and knights run first and second but third should be reachable, and since I have been viewing the world thru gold and forum blue shades for the last five decades we get third with a big push after the holidays and finish in third and lose 4-2 in the first round

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
LOL...that's pretty much what I would expect from him although I'm surprised that he even knows who Chandler Stephenson is. Maybe one of his overworked pro scouts recently saw him play in Vegas and was impressed.

Yea that is precisely why Stephenson was brought in. Their scouts saw him and thought "man he's the answer for our top center position"

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
At this point would you rather have LA's pro scouts or Vegas's? Does LA even have any pro scouts?

Vegas has put together a team that gels with a good system. Their drafting hasn't been stellar and they have been a bit lucky with players wanting out and or wanting to play there for the tax break. I give their scouts zero credit for Chandler Stephenson as he was brought in to play on their 4th line. I give the credit to Debeor for trying him with his 2 star wingers and finding a fit.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Colorado, StL, and Minnesota go back home the Central. Arizona leaves Pacific for Central. Seattle joins Central. Of course Vancouver, Calgary, and the Oilers return to Pacific from North.

I see the Kings as #3

Vegas/Oilers
Oilers/Vegas
Kings
Seattle
San Jose
Vancouver
Ducks
Calgary
I drink A LOT and also huff paint , but isn't Seattle joining the Pacific?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->