Where do you rank those Q players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Please, anyone who saw them play, give me your opinion on what round these prospects could go in the next draft:

- Marc-André Côté
- Marc-André Gragnani
- Christopher Letang
- Mathieu Roy
- Ryan Mior
- Simon Bolduc

Lalala I know you know the guys playing in the Maritimes, have you heard anything?
Thanks.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
LHJMQFAN said:
Please, anyone who saw them play, give me your opinion on what round these prospects could go in the next draft:

- Marc-André Côté
- Marc-André Gragnani
- Christopher Letang
- Mathieu Roy
- Ryan Mior
- Simon Bolduc

Lalala I know you know the guys playing in the Maritimes, have you heard anything?
Thanks.

If the draft was going to happen id have to rank them like this:

MA Cote - 8th round
MA Gragnani - 3rd round
Kris Letang - 3rd round
Mathieu Roy - 2nd round
Ryan Mior - 7th round
Simon Bolduc - 5th round

august

Sep 3, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Can someone give me a scouting report of Mathieu Roy. From what I've read, he could be a 1st round player if he had play for a better team.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
august said:
Can someone give me a scouting report of Mathieu Roy. From what I've read, he could be a 1st round player if he had play for a better team.

He played for a bad team but I think its doubtful he is a first round player. Mid/Late 2nd rd is where I have him. He is an offensive player, solid skater but not overly fast, plays a north south style of game, doesnt dangle. Has a good shot, wrist or slap. He was a -40 or something but he honestly isnt that bad defensvily. His team allowed almost 100 more goals than they scored.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Laprise, you're selling him short. He's an absolutely explosive winger who plays with an edge and has some of the best wheels this side of the Atlantic. I have him soewhere in the 20-25 range. I think he's just as good as Macardle, Setoguchi et al... Next year should hopefully see him explode offensively. A true one man scoring machine.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
Laprise, you're selling him short. He's an absolutely explosive winger who plays with an edge and has some of the best wheels this side of the Atlantic. I have him soewhere in the 20-25 range. I think he's just as good as Macardle, Setoguchi et al... Next year should hopefully see him explode offensively. A true one man scoring machine.

So you would advise jumping on him like he's Patrice Bergeron II? I'll say he's mighty tempting, he's picked up alot steam putting a chokehold on staying in the first part of the second round.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Balej's Dance said:
So you would advise jumping on him like he's Patrice Bergeron II? I'll say he's mighty tempting, he's picked up alot steam putting a chokehold on staying in the first part of the second round.

My older posts tells me you should stay away from my assumptions and predictions, so no, he's a couple of years away, but I think he can be very very special in a few years.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
If the draft was going to happen id have to rank them like this:

MA Cote - 8th round
MA Gragnani - 3rd round
Kris Letang - 3rd round
Mathieu Roy - 2nd round
Ryan Mior - 7th round
Simon Bolduc - 5th round
That's a pretty good ranking LaLa .Mior could possibly go by 7 but I think
later is more likely.
Gragnani's stock is continuing to rise.I wouldn't be surprised to see him go
in the second round especially if the draft order turns out such that
Montreal has a late second round pick. It will be interesting to see if this
kid puts on a little muscle this summer.He really is a talented natural
athlete(parents were too apparently) with great hand eye co-ordination
and he plays the game well mentally.I've always liked this kid and I hope
to see him in the NHL.

LHJMQFAN

Oct 30, 2004
Thanks lalala for the rankings and PEIFAN that's make two of us because I saw Gragnani on tv at the U-18 and he really impressed me. He is so smart with the puck and he is so calm and smooth, unbelievable, he almost looks nonchalant! I know he is not, the kid has a great heart and is really a team guy. I hear he ates to loose and is always trying to improve his performance. I hope he gets drafted by a team that wil really deserve him and give him a chance to show what he is about.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The only thing that will hold Gragnani and Letang down is their size. Grags is 6'01 but thin and not overly strong. Hopefully he will be able to add muscle to his frame. Letang is build stronger but he isnt as tall. I am not sure an NHL GM will want to take a smaller dman in round 2, that is why i put them in the 3rd round.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I would agree Gragnani could go in the second round. Everything else is pretty bang on in regards to LLP's estimations in my opinion. Except I would say Mior is more of an 8-9 rounder, but the difference that late is negligible anyhow.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
Matt MacInnis said:
I would agree Gragnani could go in the second round. Everything else is pretty bang on in regards to LLP's estimations in my opinion. Except I would say Mior is more of an 8-9 rounder, but the difference that late is negligible anyhow.

Which round will Slava TRUKHNO (QMJHL PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND) go in?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Personally I'm not a huge fan, but most seem to indicate that he'll be a late first rounder. I don't see the offensive upside many express in viewing him, but I am by far in the minority.

Laurentides

Jan 22, 2003
Laval
Visit site
I'm sure that Letang is going to score at least 20 goals next year and he has everything to be an effective NHL PP Qb. Ive seen him play a lot this year along with Bourdon and they both will be NHL defenseman. He will probably go out late 3th just because he is a typical Q defenseman....

La-La , Ive seen at the end of the season Letang playing a lot tougher cause it was his main weakness at the beginning of the year so if he is training hard right now and he gets bigger, wow....with also Luc Bourdon and Sebastien Bisaillon, thats a good core of D in Val d'Or. :yo:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Laurentides said:
I'm sure that Letang is going to score at least 20 goals next year and he has everything to be an effective NHL PP Qb. Ive seen him play a lot this year along with Bourdon and they both will be NHL defenseman. He will probably go out late 3th just because he is a typical Q defenseman....

La-La , Ive seen at the end of the season Letang playing a lot tougher cause it was his main weakness at the beginning of the year so if he is training hard right now and he gets bigger, wow....with also Luc Bourdon and Sebastien Bisaillon, thats a good core of D in Val d'Or. :yo:

Yeah VD is loaded for bear with defensmen.

They also have young Guillaume Monast who should be a fine offensive player with them. He is only an 88 born. Also Dmitri Levin and Patrice Daneau are two guys who i like a lot. Both play different styles but Levin should make the Foreurs this year and maybe Daneau needs another year in Midget since hes only an 89.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
La-La-Laprise said:
Im a big fan of his as well. He wont last after #40. Its hard to have him in round 1 but i think he will be a very early 2nd rd pick.

What do you think will keep him out of the first round? From what I've read, he has size at 6'1'', plays gritty and actually likes to hit, and has great stickhandling. How is his shot and passing? I would love my Rangers to get him with one of their three second round picks.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Balej's Dance said:
What do you think will keep him out of the first round? From what I've read, he has size at 6'1'', plays gritty and actually likes to hit, and has great stickhandling. How is his shot and passing? I would love my Rangers to get him with one of their three second round picks.

He doesnt have elite level god given talent. He works hard, he is a good skater, not overly explosive. He has some grit and he is strong on the puck but he has inbetween height. He isnt big or small, he isnt a power forward or a finesse player. He isnt flashy, he just gets the job done. I dont see him being a 1st rd pick but I wouldnt be overly surprised if he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad