Where do you rank the best postseason home runs?

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Tons of people remember game 7 of the '97 series. Its considered one of the greatest games of all time. It gets outshadowed a little because the 01 series a few years later, but you're still selling that game short.

I thought it was a classic as well. Unbelievable way to end a season. But as great as it was it rarely gets the airtime some other moments do. Probably because it's the Marlins and that team broke up in a million pieces right after that.

^Absolutely. :nod:

Second biggest home run in franchise history, right there.

It very well could be the 2nd biggest HR in franchise history. It will look even bigger if we win the World Series. But you have to give some credit to the Sprague HR in Game 2 of the 1992 World Series. We would have had a heck of a time winning that World Series without that home run. That's huge.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Cleveland had a 2-0 lead going into the bottom of the 7th until Bobby Bonilla crushed a solo shot off of Jared Wright to right field...that was the turning point right there.

I would disagree. The turning point for me was when Fernandez booted a routine grounder from Craig Counsel that could have been a double play ball and instead put the run that would win the world series on base.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Yeah, it's an all-time great moment in post-season baseball and especially in Jays history. Someone will pony up big for that.

I am personally not a fan of it now. It was a product of how cocky we were and to tell you the truth that home run looks like nothing significant now that we couldn't even win in the ALCS. Sprague, Alomar and Carter's home runs actually translated into a winning team, you know, winning.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ive been watching old playoff clips, and Sandy Alomar hit a massive homerun off Rivera(he only allowed 1 other one in the playoffs) in the 8th inning in 1997 with the Tribe down game 4 trailing 2-1 in the ALDS. Could have been 5 in a row for the Yankees.

Also Scioscia in the 88 NLCS.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Gordon homerun this year is pretty massive. It is the only one that left the park for the Royals so far this series.

Jim Leyritz honorable mention.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The Gordon homerun this year is pretty massive. It is the only one that left the park for the Royals so far this series.

Jim Leyritz honorable mention.

Agreed. 100 percent. Gordon doesn't hit that HR and thi is a completely different series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad