Where do you rank Ray Bourque all time?

Where do you rank Ray Bourque all time?

• Total voters

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
ill still Take Yzerman and Fedorov over Kasper and Linesman

obviously detroit was way stronger.

that said, linseman and kasper combined for three goals, two assists, and five points more in the 1988 playoffs than fedorov and yzerman in the '97 playoffs.

and before you scoff at my obviously sarcastic post, also note that what i just typed is way more reasonable than

Dear Red wings fans. If you took prime Lidstrom and plopped him on the current 2018 version of the Detroit red Wings, what do you think would happen? Because the Current red wings team is about consistent with the type of team the Bruins had back then.

Reactions: MXD

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
that said, linseman and kasper combined for three goals, two assists, and five points more in the 1988 playoffs than fedorov and yzerman in the '97 playoffs.

and before you scoff at my obviously sarcastic post, also note that what i just typed is way more reasonable than
I think that post is completely reasonable.

More reasonable than the people always trying to imply "Replace Bourque with Lidstrom and the Bruins would have won cups"

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
you are free to believe whatever you want to believe... even if it’s that a presidents trophy-winning cup finalist with a HHOF winger, 100 point capable center, former selke winner, brian propp in the midst of two 23 point playoff runs in three years, and two vezina finalists in net is “about consistent” with the fifth worst team in the league last year.

Last edited:

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
you are free to believe whatever you want to believe... even if it’s that a presidents trophy-winning cup finalist with a HHOF winger, 100 point capable center, former selke winner, brian propp in the midst of two 23 point playoff runs in three years, and two vezina finalists in net is “about consistent” with the fifth worst team in the league last year.
Ill agree to that. You have issues with the hyperbole I used, so yeah, it is a bit overboard. But no moreso than the way certain people try to imply Lidstrom could have willed those Bruins teams to cups. Fight fire with fire.

on another note.

That's a flattering way possible to portray that squad. Here is the reality. Neely and Shanahan are about equal. No qualms saying that. And I guess Poulin could be comparable to Draper. But that is where the comparisons end.

Calling Janney a 100 point capable center is true in a sense(although not yet at that time), if he was being carried by great linemates and the 2nd best defenseman of all time. Or in his case, the only time he hit 100 was when he played 84 games in one season flanking Shanahan and Brett Hull. Janney was typically a Cheechoo type. Could put up great numbers if a better player carried him, but faded into obscurity otherwise. Being an average 85 point player in 1990 was akin to being an average 65 point player today.

Brian Propp was a trade deadline rental who had surgery for a broken knee 2 years prior. He injured his knee again that year and was visibly hobbled so philly did not even entertain the idea of resigning him, so they gave him up as a rental to the Bruins, a shell of his true self. He did end up bouncing back the next year playing on Modano's line on a different team, but it was his last hurrah before fading away.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
i don’t need you to tell methat the 1990 bruins were not the 97 red wings.

ftr craig janney was on pace for 90 points/80 games in 1990. in his prime, he was on pace for 90, 96, 89, 101, and 97 points, if we prorate to an 80 game schedule. that’s the 1990 through 94 seasons.

but like i said, i’m not saying he’s fedorov, i’m just saying he’s not expansion team level. seems like a more productive discussion can be had if we are precise, rather than saying blatantly false things because someone else may or may not be being a homer.

also ftr, we are two weeks into the seasonand detroit has won one single game. so yeah that’s what i take issue with.

Reactions: seventieslord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad