Where Do You Rank Bergeron for Right Now (Rest of the Season)?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Missed 16 games but is trailing only Kucherov, McDavid, Kane, Rantanen, Gaudreau and MacKinnon for points per game.

NHL.com - Stats

He's also the only one of those players to skate a regular PK shift, which drops his ES TOI well below the others (4:59 ES TOI less than McDavid per game at the high end, 2:02 ES TOI less than Kucherov at the low end).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Top 5 center in the league, arguably the 3rd best center of the cap era depending on how much you value underlying numbers and defensive play.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Missed 16 games but is trailing only Kucherov, McDavid, Kane, Rantanen, Gaudreau and MacKinnon for points per game.

NHL.com - Stats

He's also the only one of those players to skate a regular PK shift, which drops his ES TOI well below the others (4:59 ES TOI less than McDavid per game at the high end, 2:02 ES TOI less than Kucherov at the low end).

I'm not sure why you mention missing time and then pts/g.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It's weird how he got better in his 30s.
Had the shackles taken off. Julien didn’t have much of a choice near the end. Cassidy has just continued to ride that horse.

Too bad he’s been hurt for long stretches the past two years. Would’ve had some Hart votes for sure

Reactions: b in vancouver

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Seems like everyone had the same thought as I did: Bergeron is a top-5 center in the league. Production alone puts him near the top; his brains & vision put him among the very elite.

Reactions: Doothpick

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It depends less on Bergevin than on the need of other NHL GMs to gain cap space. There's a good chance a worthwhile player will become available at an attractive price, thereby improving the Habs' playoff opportunities. Unfortunately, other Atlantic Division teams will have similaropportunities. I'd like to eliminate Shaw nd Hudon and gain a dependable LDman. That need is so apparent that I'd consider trading Suzuki (but not Poehling or Primeau). Why exempt Primeau? The Habs could use a younger backup goaltender than Niemi.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005

NHL.com - Stats

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
A hell of a player and one of the only guys on the Bruins I respect.

Fitting that he’s just barely above Point on that PPG list as I think Point could well be the Bergeron of the next generation.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Dude is the Ned Stark of the NHL...so much honor. Everybody respects him. Top 5 C for sure.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I don't know about ranking but I'd like Bergie and Marchand (that awesome douchebag) on the pens any day of the week.

We'll give you Jack Johnson.

No need to thank us

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
It depends less on Bergevin than on the need of other NHL GMs to gain cap space. There's a good chance a worthwhile player will become available at an attractive price, thereby improving the Habs' playoff opportunities. Unfortunately, other Atlantic Division teams will have similaropportunities. I'd like to eliminate Shaw nd Hudon and gain a dependable LDman. That need is so apparent that I'd consider trading Suzuki (but not Poehling or Primeau). Why exempt Primeau? The Habs could use a younger backup goaltender than Niemi.
Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->