Where do you play?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I've also had one practice session on the Islanders training rink, but have no idea what it is called... Sucky that the showers there are quite some way from the dressing room...

KariyaIsGod*

I'm 23.

I'm from Winnipeg.

I play at the Duncan Sportsplex year round and in the winter I play at a plethora of outdoor rinks. Notre Dame, Champlain, Southdale, Windsor Park, Glenlee... etc.

I hate playing indoor ice hockey with equipment so the only indoor hockey I play is ball hockey.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I play for the Greater Kingston Predators Bantam "A" team I am currently the 2nd line Centre but I am the best on our team at winning faceoffs so I take alot of big faceoffs, in close games or late in the game. I am currently 15 years of age.

Greater Kingston Predators Bantam "A"?????

GK is "AA" in the ODMHA and "AAA" out of League they don't have an
"A" team.

Drrocket9

Sep 29, 2004
i am 45 years old, and play hockey in Oakland at the OIC

i grew tired of listening to young kids and their talking......so i left the division i was playing in, and joined the over 40.

good hockey, 6 pretty evenly matched teams.....lotta guys ive skated with and against for years....

The league commissioner was Andre LaCroix, so 3 of the teams have WHA names, Blazers, Whalers, and our club the Aeros.

Andre left town to move back east, so we have a new guy who was drafted by the Isles, but never made the big league.

I used to play in San Jose, Belmont, Berkeley, and San Mateo.......

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Trail. I would have liked a bigger town with less travel but small town junior teams can be a blast too.

Ya when I was at camp last summer the captain from the past season was one of the head instructors. Jessie Newman?

Are you playing for Trail this season?

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
i'm a prison guard for a living and play in a rec league made up mostly of jail guards, cops and firefighters, needless to say it's a pretty rough league, but a hell of alot of fun too.:yo:

i did play some junior "A" in manitoba for a 3 years,back in the day, but never went any further than that. i then went to school and became a jail guard.

Last edited:

Sock Monkey

May 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I'm 30, played football through high school and college. Started skating in March. I've played a total of 5 games and have a blast every time out in my D League in Columbus, Ohio. I'm an idiot for not playing sooner.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
Ya when I was at camp last summer the captain from . the past season was one of the head instructors. Jessie Newman?

Are you playing for Trail this season?

I just got traded there, so I'm unfamiliar with any of their previous team. This will be my first year in the BCHL, and I'll be playing for Trail.

rk50

Aug 3, 2005
Anybody know of any adult inline leagues around the DC/Baltimore (Anne Arundel) area? Looking for a low-level fun league (haven't been skating all that long). Thanks!

Last edited:

YoungJames

May 6, 2005
Rockin' all over
I play in the Finnish 3rd division, which, despite it's name, is the 5th highest men's level. We are a bunch of friends (20 guys) who have played junior-hockey together for several seasons, and know we have put up our own team. Should be fun.

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
been out of hockey for over 6 years (realized how long it had been when I came back and saw how old my tps contour pads looked:) ) Just started conditioning and getting my bearings again by going to sticktime at sherwood ice arena. I intend to play at valley ice arena at their sticktime because they actually do pickup games untill I feel i'm back to my old self again, then i'll go into whatever house leauge skill level i'm fit for. I'm a competitive player so if anyone in the area is looking for a goalie PM me. I'm just now getting back into shape and shaking the rust off but i'm not too shabby.

Portland, OR btw

Gino 14

Aug 23, 2006
I'm 47, been playing for about 5 years in the men's rec. league. Got started when my daughter wanted to join the town league and she wanted me to help her practice on our pond. Never skated much as a kid so I was pretty much a beginner. After that, I got hooked. I'm a D-man but have played some goalie when our regular goalie is out. I wish I'd picked this game up about 40 years earlier, great fun, great conditioning, good people. I now skate year round and even do a little roller hockey.

Stoltz

Aug 27, 2006
Swe-division 2, who is below swe 1 who is below allsvenskan who is below SEL so I'm not that good

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
I'm 47, been playing for about 5 years in the men's rec. league. Got started when my daughter wanted to join the town league and she wanted me to help her practice on our pond. Never skated much as a kid so I was pretty much a beginner. After that, I got hooked. I'm a D-man but have played some goalie when our regular goalie is out. I wish I'd picked this game up about 40 years earlier, great fun, great conditioning, good people. I now skate year round and even do a little roller hockey.

Sounds like me (except for the goalie part) :)
I started skating when my son was 2 (I was 36). After he started playing at age 4 and I found out about this -> True North Hockey Beginner Info I signed up for the Winter of 03/04 and have been playing winter and summer since. This upcoming winter I will be playing on two teams (sundays & mondays).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->