Where do you play?

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Im 19, i played midget AAA an junior B, but then i moved south when i was 17, so now, i play in a garbage adult inline hockey league and a terrible ice hockey league. The "A" level is like a "C" level up north. I was very quick and strong and scored alot, but i had back problems and then we moved, so no more hockey (atleast fastspeed hockey).

I played Pee Wee BB (Centennials) in Dollard des Ormeaux Quebec when I was 12. It was the best travel team in my area. I sucked as a winger so they moved me to defence before I left.

A couple of my teammates went on to play for small Colleges in Vermont and New Hampshire. I went to Australia for four years just before my 13th birthday. Not a lot of hockey there. I'm still pissed about it and I'm almost 40.

I now play adult hockey 2-3 times a week or whenever I can. I also coached house league hockey for five years.

As a reporter I also covered the varsity hockey team for Niagara College in Welland Ontario for one year and the Niagara Falls Canucks Junior B team.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
usmhuskies said:
Well I am 27...Played hockey since I was 3: played 4 years for my high school despite my coach hating me): played 1 year of prep school : found out I was nothing but a goon, hey 117 PIMS in 20 games isn't bad... Tried out for a D III(Southern Maine)team a few years back, I made it but I didn't play at all so I hung them up ...I play pick-up every now and then still but i can't play too much cause I run a Men's league in Gorham Maine where a few Fellow HF Boards members still play in(if ya want to see a cool site go to check my pro we have a message board and everything for the league)...Last nite we just had a couple of fights and somebody BITING somebody after a fight: aww some of the thing you see in men's league you wouldn't think could happen...By the way, I was a D man(either side) and I still would put down a 20 dollar wager to anybody who thinks they can get by me... :)

hmmm.. 20 bucks eh???? =-)

teamstag

Jun 18, 2005
Spruce Grove
I'm 17 and I just play shinny on one of 2 outdoor rinks out here in Spruce Grove. I know lots of the older guys that play at this particular outdoor rink so that's why I go... and the ice is better ;)

I wish I played in a Rec League or something like that. That'd be amazing to me.

K9

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
GermanDevil said:
I play Roller Hockey here in Bad Nauheim in the 3rd german League... Three years ago I played together with former NHL-Player Bill Lochead... Im defender and my stats in the last years...

2005 = 10 games, 6 goals, 9 assists, 15 points, 26 minutes (the season isn´t over...)
2004 = 13 games, 8 goals, 6 assists, 15 points, 106 minutes <= :D
2003 = 12 games, 8 goals, 16 assists, 24 points, 14 minutes
2002 = 9 games, 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points, 14 minutes
2001 = 15 games, 11 goals, 15 assists, 26 points, 51 minutes

you live near Frankfurt?

last organized hockey I played was the Lions' junior system. I think the program has changed now, but back then I was on the U16 team.

Rusty Shackleford

Leafs Nation
Jul 14, 2005
Ottawa, Ontario
I play for the Greater Kingston Predators Bantam "A" team I am currently the 2nd line Centre but I am the best on our team at winning faceoffs so I take alot of big faceoffs, in close games or late in the game. I am currently 15 years of age.

Last edited:

Tuff Gong

Nov 6, 2005
Kelowna
Well in my prime i was on the Midget AAA club in kelowna, had a brief stint in Jungle B but nothing other than that.
Now im 20 and playing in a pretty intense mens league in Kelowna with an ex-WHLer, and numerous Jun A and B players so its pretty decent hackey

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
played in the same little town my whole life in a small community in northern ontario

i currently play in a new league set up, for V.E. Dragons. We're a fairly good team with a record of 8-1-0 GF: 57 GA: 14

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I started skating at 2 1/2. I played until Midget AA. I was a first year player and got suspended in the first week of the season. I said "to hell with this" and concentrated on school instead. I was a pretty tough D.

That was then...

Now I play in a Rec league in Montreal. I play LW with my two nephews in the GMHL. We play in a B type division. I could play higher if I switched back to D... but, I just wanna have fun with my two nephews. Nothing serious. I am a top 10 scorer at any given time, in a 10 team league. I have slowed down a lot (36 yrs) but I still know how to get in the clear and blast 'em home.

I would play everyday if I could.....

BraveSirRobin

Ducks offseason
Feb 5, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I'm a goalie on a club college hockey team (Cal St. University San Bernardino). We're more or less a beer league team, just with players who go to the school. I used to play Midget AA for the Riverside Desert Coyotes (SCAHA) a few years ago, which is the highest level I've played. I did try out for a Jr A team in Ontario, the Thornhill Islanders which was also a few years ago, but I sadly didn't make it.

chicagohockey

Jan 30, 2006
Prospect

I'm retired from the game. Played High School AA n my earlier years.

I have to tell you though, I was watching some games in Orland Ill, just outside Chicago on the weekend and I'm amazed at the calibre of play these days. I watched this kid from Canada, who was playing for some team out of Green Bay Wisconsin. I had heard people talking about him at an earlier game and I had to go and see. Unbeleivable. A 13 year old boy could play like that. This kid is going to go places. I watched him skate and move the puck like no other kid out there. Eyes in the back of his head. Not sure why he's playing down here, but it was fun to watch him.

chicagohockey

Jan 30, 2006
Hockey Today

I'm retired from the game. Played High School AA n my earlier years.

I have to tell you though, I was watching some games in Orland Ill, just outside Chicago on the weekend and I'm amazed at the calibre of play these days. I watched this kid from Canada, who was playing for some team out of Green Bay Wisconsin. I had heard people talking about him at an earlier game and I had to go and see. Unbeleivable. A 13 year old boy could play like that. This kid is going to go places. I watched him skate and move the puck like no other kid out there. Eyes in the back of his head. Not sure why he's playing down here, but it was fun to watch him.

technophile

Oct 10, 2005
Austin, TX
www.randomtree.org
I just signed up for my first hockey league, the Chaparral Ice adult C league here in Austin. I'm kinda nervous. ;)

I've only been "playing" ice hockey (taking ice hockey lessons/scrimmaging) since March, but I played roller hocker for several years before that in St. Louis and Louisville.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
I gave up to play hockey last year and I miss it like hell. Right now I have no idea why I gave up playing but I suppose I felt like I nobody in the team really liked me.
I started to play when I was 10 years old in IK Oskarshamn, a pretty well known team here in Sweden, the first team is a good team in Allsvenskan (the league below SEL). By then I'd loved hockey since the day I saw Mario Lemieux play, but since I started to play in a high age I was pretty unsure and shy, but I won my teams "honourprize" after my first season which really gave me a morale boost to continue.

The "prime" came when I was 14 years old and won a place in Thomas Steens hockeycamp during a cup, which was a really huge experience, some of those I played with there are among the top of the young players here in Sweden, and I was really proud to be a part of it, though I was lightyears behind them in like every aspect of the game.

The same year my team started to play in a much better league than before, we played against the best teams here in southern Sweden, such as Frölunda, HV71, Linköping which was very cool. After two years in that league with pretty bad results I gave up to play the game and today I must say that I regret it. Today I'm 16 years old (17 in may.) :handclap:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
I play in a co-ed rec blacktop hockey league. It is pretty competitive, with 16 teams, many of which have been around and established for years. The skill level ranges all over the place. Some people have never held a hockey stick in their life and just kinda wave it around. But there are also guys that have played Canadian major juniors, NCAA and competitive prep school, and a couple former AHL/IHL guys. Interestingly, there used to be a strong contingent of guys who were champion floorball players in the Czech Republic and there's one guy who is joing the US National floorball team as well. But for the most part it's people who just enjoy playing a lot, and have fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->