Speculation: Where do TJ Brodie and Sami Vatanen land?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Where do you think these two will land?

I think Brodie lands in Toronto seeing as Dubas had a deal done for him once already so I think he tries again.

Vatanen I could see in Boston if Krug walks

Where do you think they land

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Hopefully Flames keep Brodie, but I'm thinking we don't
I hope we keep him too. The deal for Brodin has me a bit worried about what Brodie gets though. They are very comparable players. Hopefully Brodie being 3 years older keeps the number and term down.

Reactions: kevrondl

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Toronto is not a destination for Brodie or Vatanen.

The Leafs should be looking for bigger veteran defenseman such as Byfuglien, Borowiecki or Gudas.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Would love NJ to bring in Brodie, they are desperate for help on the left side and have the cap space to pay him whatever he wants. We need veterans who can sponge up minutes, especially after trading Greene. Would help ease in Ty Smith and help shelter Butcher/make him expendable.

It was also rumored that Shero was kicking tires on Brodie last summer before the Subban trade went through. Interesting to think about how differently things could have gone.

The question is if he wants to chase a Cup, because NJ can't offer him that right now.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would love NJ to bring in Brodie, they are desperate for help on the left side and have the cap space to pay him whatever he wants. We need veterans who can sponge up minutes, especially after trading Greene. Would help ease in Ty Smith and help shelter Butcher/make him expendable.

It was also rumored that Shero was kicking tires on Brodie last summer before the Subban trade went through. Interesting to think about how differently things could have gone.

The question is if he wants to chase a Cup, because NJ can't offer him that right now.

That is interesting I wonder where Subban would have ended up.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Toronto is not a destination for Brodie or Vatanen.

The Leafs should be looking for bigger veteran defenseman such as Byfuglien, Borowiecki or Gudas.

The Leafs have multiple holes at RD. Gudas or Boro would be good bottom pair adds but they would still need an all situations RD for the top pair. Hopefully a premier shutdown type like Tanev.

Last season the RD were
Ceci
Holl
Barrie

They could stand to replace all three, though they can't afford to replace Holl.

Reactions: qqaz

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Boston needs an LD to ease Chara's minutes and replace Krug. No fit for Vatanen. Brodie is the right handedness but maybe not the right style. A steadier simpler partner for McAvoy might work better.

xxxx - McAvoy
Grezylcyk - Carlo
Chara - Clifton

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Just so everyone knows, Brodie plays RD.

He is far far better on his offside.

I figure he will either stay with the Flames or sign with Detroit(close to home, was his team growing up) or Toronto.

Vat could go just about anywhere.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's rumours of Brodie heading to a sunbelt team, retiring outright, and re-signing with the Flames.

He's definitely not headed to Toronto though. I could see Ottawa

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
There's rumours of Brodie heading to a sunbelt team, retiring outright, and re-signing with the Flames.

He's definitely not headed to Toronto though. I could see Ottawa

No there aren't that wouldn't even make sense. You aren't leaving Calgary, going south, immediately retiring and then going to Calgary again I'm not even sure that's allowed

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Brodie and Brodin are the same.
They almost have the same name.
Both LD.
Have we seen them both at the same time, same place? Never!
Conclusion : they both are the same guy in two different disguises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad