NBA Where do the Warriors rank among the NBA's Greatest Dynasties?

Where does the current GSW core rank among basketball's greatest dynasties?

• Total voters

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
With the Warriors likely three-peating this year, which would give them 4 chips in 5 years, I think it's pretty obvious that this Warriors core is easily among the greatest dynasties that the league has ever seen. If they do complete three-peat this June, which should happen barring a crazy event, they'll be the first team to win 3 in a row since the early 00's Lakers, and be the first to win 4 in 5 years, while making 5 straight finals since the 60's Celtics; very impressive company.

As of right now, I'd rank them 4th all time behind only the 60's Celtics, 90's Bulls and 80's Lakers, but another win this year will probably put them ahead of the 80's Lakers imo as the overall talent on this roster, along with their peak play/results is pretty much unparalleled.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bulls 6 in 8 vs the talent of that era is most impressive to me (I may be biased though)

Also should be remembered the Bulls at very least are likely in 94 Finals if not for a disgraceful phantom foul call

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I can't really weigh in on the 60s Celtics

From my own perspective, Bulls are the clear number one.

At this point, I'm putting the Warriors over the Lakers, so I've got them second.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Bump from January.

If they can overcome this deficit with all their ailments and no KD, then they might very well be the GOAT dynasty. They've set countless team records in both the RS and playoffs, fielded some of the most loaded rosters ever and have been dominant for 5 years now, looking for their 4th in 5 years plus the three-peat.

To put the 2014/15-present Warriors into perspective:
No NBA team has 3-peated since the 00-02 Lakers
No NBA team has won 4 in 5 years or made 5 straight finals since the 60's Celtics (league was way different back then)
Only one other team has ever come back from 3-1 down in the finals (ironically it was against the Warriors)
No team in NA sports has won 4 in 5 years since the 96-00 NY Yankees
No team in NA sports has made 5 straight finals since the 80-84 Isles

Among modern dynasties, they've probably eclipsed the 80's Lakers and trail only trail the 90's Bulls. The 60's Celtics are in their own weird tier given how different the league was at the time.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Bulls 6 in 8 vs the talent of that era is most impressive to me (I may be biased though)

Also should be remembered the Bulls at very least are likely in 94 Finals if not for a disgraceful phantom foul call

Bulls likely win 8 straight if MJ doesn't get suspended / "retire."

As for OP I dont think their better than the Showtime Lakers or the 91-98 Bulls.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Bulls likely win 8 straight if MJ doesn't get suspended / "retire."

Yeah, I really don't think so.

Really, Jordan retiring and the Bulls restructuring the team was probably the best thing for them to do another 3-peat.

8 straight is just way too exhausting.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, I really don't think so.

Really, Jordan retiring and the Bulls restructuring the team was probably the best thing for them to do another 3-peat.

8 straight is just way too exhausting.

Its not exhausting to a guy like MJ who wanted to win & was a perfectionist.

Did his year & a half rest help him for the second 3 peat? I'm sure it did, but I had no doubt that team could have won 8 straight. Not guaranteeing it, but they'd have a fighting chance. Or maybe they do 6 straight and after that he has nothing left in the tank.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Did his year & a half rest help him for the second 3 peat? I'm sure it did, but I had no doubt that team could have won 8 straight. Not guaranteeing it, but they'd have a fighting chance. Or maybe they do 6 straight and after that he has nothing left in the tank.

MJ might've been the most competitive player ever... in any sport, but he's human.

There's obviously no way of knowing, but if you don't want to listen to me, listen to Steve Kerr's thoughts on it:

Start it around the 9:45 mark.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018

MJ Had the most difficult path the 60s Celtics has a single digit amount of teams with no free agency and magic got drafted with a former mvp on the team who already won a title.

Reactions: Voight

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
it doesn't matter because TORONTO ENDED THE GOLDEN STATE DYNASTY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad