Where do the Sabres finish the season?

Where do the Sabres finish?

• Total voters

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
It ain't over till the fat lady sings........
(Looks at wife: "lets watch the game upstairs honey".......,)

Prepares for incoming pummeling...

Reactions: nickdawg95

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
We're a good team. I think we just need a little shot in the arm right now. Trade or a call up, something to spark the offense.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Top record to miss the playoffs.

And in the last two games after they’re eliminated three call ups will score six hatricks.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think the question right now is shifting to:

If Botterill just sits on his hands again like last year, and we miss the playoffs, does he actually face any consequences for that?

You didn't expect to be in this position? Maybe, but that's no excuse to not at least be making a non-trade roster move right now. Your middle six has been underwater since before the streak ended. You need to change up, and I don't mean line shuffling.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse

If Botterill just sits on his hands again like last year, and we miss the playoffs, does he actually face any consequences for that?

You didn't expect to be in this position? Maybe, but that's no excuse to not at least be making a non-trade roster move right now. Your middle six has been underwater since before the streak ended. You need to change up, and I don't mean line shuffling.

I think there is no doubt the middle six has to be addressed. Housley has tried nearly everything.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007

If you're saying should Botts get shit-canned if Sabres don't make the playoffs? Hell no.

If you're saying Botts absolutely has to try callups/trades to improve the middle-6, and help the Sabres make the playoffs? Hell yes.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Could see anywhere 10-20.

I see 3 locks in the East (Tampa, Toronto, Washington); 3 very likely to make it (Boston, Pittsburgh, Columbus).

That leaves us fighting for the last 2 spots. Montreal and NYI are very close to us right now and will be our biggest competitors. Then there is a HUGE drop off in the standings. Out of that bottom group, I think only Florida can challenge for a spot.

So basically 2/4 shot of playoffs and likely right around 15th the way I see it. Should be a wild ride.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Barring one of the roch kids coming up and dominating or making a trade for a legit 2c(or 3c even) there is no chance we make the playoffs. Second half of the season all the top lines falter and you have to rely on secondary score of which we have literally 0.

I never expected to make playoffs this year. Especially with our division. But missing the playoffs after our start will be heart wrenching. Typical buffalo fashion though.

Do something Botts!

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I voted 10-15 and the more I think about it, the more I think 15-20 may be appropriate instead. With that said, I think that they will make the playoffs but will ultimately be the last team in, mainly because I don't think Mtl or the Islanders have the high-end scoring that we have. We are fundamentally flawed until we update the middle six, as everyone has said, but I think it could be easily fixed with one FA signing and a good call-up in the offseason. The defense is going to be fine and Hutton has at least a year until Ullmark can take over duties full-time. Overall, we'll be an easy one-and-done in the first round but I can think of many very good teams that started their run that way. It's about how Botts moves forward that will define long-term success.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
They finish the season in Detroit, unless they make the playoffs. In which case it is uncertain where they finish the season - could be in Buffalo, could be elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad