Where do the Habs finish this year ?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It's nice to be optimistic but in reality, I see them finishing 9th or 10th, but I hope I'm wrong and they surprise us and make the playoffs.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
IF Markov is healthy and can be somewhat his old self, and help get our PP to being top 19 again.

The Habs will finish 6th.

Everything that could go wrong last year went wrong. Look at the team stats, they weren't as bad as the record was.

around 20th in scoring, but if our pp would have been top 10 like it usually is, he would have been around 12-15 in that area

Even with all the injuries and that poor D, 14th in goals against, so a healthy Markov should help that a little.

PK is one of the best in the league

And even strength scoring has been important with the addition wit a lot of the big buddies we have.

So if the Habs stay relative healthy, Markov improves the PP. I guarantee this teams makes the playoffs.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
this team lacks identity and they will drown once the going gets tough.

We won't be as crap as last year but we will miss the playoff by a modest margin.

On that note, can't wait to watch us be mediocre again!:hockey::hockey::hockey:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'd say 9-11.

I expect Price to not be very good at first, due to his slight injury, and that might lead to more Budaj starts.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Best guess is 9-11. Things could go a lot better this year though. Markov is of course the perpetual wildcard, Price could carry the day...

We could also be worse. So I split the difference. We're a bubble team... again.

Apr 28, 2010
As long as we dont blow leads like last year, better 3rd period play and a decent powerplay will make this team playoff bound.

8th seed is ours.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
My original prediction is 11-15, so I voted 12-15 as it is the closest choice.

I'll note that my original prediction assumed 48 games of Subban, and may as such be optimistic.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
11th-13th. Went with 9th-11th, since I think we'll be in the second worst tier of teams (drafting 6th-10th).

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Look at the east and try to predict the teams that are WORSE than the Habs. That's a tough task to find them.

Consensus on PTS today was that the game at Bell Centre Saturday night is the battle of the only 2 teams with a chance to hold 15th place at season's end.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Don't really care (sort of)

Basically either:

1. In the PO with a favourable 1st round matchup

or

2. finishing very low with another high pick

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
They will finish 7th
2nd in NE
AGalley will be a rookie of the year finalist
Markov will play 48 games
Eller will get 15 G and 15A and will be the most improved Habs
Habs will beat the Bruins in the first round in 7 games.
NO EXCUSES.... THE HABS ARE BACK!!!

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
this team lacks identity and they will drown once the going gets tough.

We won't be as crap as last year but we will miss the playoff by a modest margin.

On that note, can't wait to watch us be mediocre again!:hockey::hockey::hockey:

Your Bruins should have a great year though.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Looking at last year's team, it was in 12th place before the trade deadline moves.

We have since lost Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Darche, Gill, Gomez, Campoli, Blunden, Engvist, Subban, etc; and we've added Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon, Galchenyuk, Markov, and Bourque.

1) Bourque is a step down from Kostitsyn. They're comparable offensively, but Kostitsyn has much better 2-way ability and delivers good hits.
2) Cammalleri's production may or may not be replaced, it depends how well Galchenyuk does. The playoff Habs of 2009-10-11 had a Cammalleri that could score at a 30 goal pace, and Galchenyuk won't match this in his rookie year. He could match the 20-goal-pace Cammalleri the Habs had when they were a 12th place team.
3) Bouillon is clearly a step down from Gill. He provides less size, and he doesn't have anything he excels at like Gill on the PK.
4) An injured Markov is being replaced by a locked out Subban. That's a step down.
5) Prust and Armstrong are clearly a step up from Darche and Gomez.
6) There are no replacements for Engvist, Blunden, Camoli, etc, but who knows what we'll see in a Habs uniform once the inevitable injuries happen.

So overall, this is a weaker roster than the one that began last year. Things could change. We could suffer fewer injuries and do better in the shootouts, and Subban could sign. But I'm skeptical we'll be in the playoff picture.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
As Andrei Markov would reply..........in Toronto on Saturday April 27.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Looking at last year's team, it was in 12th place before the trade deadline moves.

We have since lost Kostitsyn, Cammalleri, Darche, Gill, Gomez, Campoli, Blunden, Engvist, Subban, etc; and we've added Prust, Armstrong, Bouillon, Galchenyuk, Markov, and Bourque.

1) Bourque is a step down from Kostitsyn. They're comparable offensively, but Kostitsyn has much better 2-way ability and delivers good hits.
2) Cammalleri's production may or may not be replaced, it depends how well Galchenyuk does. The playoff Habs of 2009-10-11 had a Cammalleri that could score at a 30 goal pace, and Galchenyuk won't match this in his rookie year. He could match the 20-goal-pace Cammalleri the Habs had when they were a 12th place team.
3) Bouillon is clearly a step down from Gill. He provides less size, and he doesn't have anything he excels at like Gill on the PK.
4) An injured Markov is being replaced by a locked out Subban. That's a step down.
5) Prust and Armstrong are clearly a step up from Darche and Gomez.
6) There are no replacements for Engvist, Blunden, Camoli, etc, but who knows what we'll see in a Habs uniform once the inevitable injuries happen.

So overall, this is a weaker roster than the one that began last year. Things could change. We could suffer fewer injuries and do better in the shootouts, and Subban could sign. But I'm skeptical we'll be in the playoff picture.

The bolded I disagree with. Bourque will probably provide more offensively than Kostitsyn did. Two-way is a wash really... and while kostitsyn hit like a truck, he didn't do it often... same for bourque.

And Patches could replace the 30 goal scoring pace that Cammy had in the PO's (as could Cole). Gally could potentially match cammy's regular season output

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
From best scenario to worst:
1. Finish 1-4
2. Finish 12-15
3. Finish 5-8
4. Finish 9-11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad