Where do the Bruins rank now in prospects??

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
I'd place them no higher than the middle of the pack. Kessel and Rask are nice prospects, but Boston's overall depth is not comparable to at least a dozen other teams.

1. Phil Kessel
2. Hannu Toivonen
3. Tuuka Rask
4. Mark Stuart
5. Matt Lashoff
6. Martins Karsums
7. Petr Kalus
8. David Krejci
9. Milan Jurcina
10. Yuri Alexandrov
11. Vladimir Sobotka
12. Jonathan Sigalet
13. Brad Marchand
14. Ben Walter
15. Milan Lucic
16. Jordan Sigalet
17. Yan Stastny
18. Tyler Redenbach
19. Wacey Rabbit
20. Mikko Lehtonen

The depth is certainly there. Tovonen and Jurcina still fall under HF Prospect Criteria. Bruins should be between 8-13

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
1. Phil Kessel
2. Hannu Toivonen
3. Tuuka Rask
4. Mark Stuart
5. Matt Lashoff
6. Martins Karsums
7. Petr Kalus
8. David Krejci
9. Milan Jurcina
10. Yuri Alexandrov
11. Vladimir Sobotka
12. Jonathan Sigalet
13. Brad Marchand
14. Ben Walter
15. Milan Lucic
16. Jordan Sigalet
17. Yan Stastny
18. Tyler Redenbach
19. Wacey Rabbit
20. Mikko Lehtonen

The depth is certainly there. Tovonen and Jurcina still fall under HF Prospect Criteria. Bruins should be between 8-13

Not sure but think that Jurcina and Toivonen don't meet prospect status anymore

But I agree on the ranking prediction though probably closer to 13 than 8

Edit: Youre right... then Probably closer to the 8th than the 13 th....

turnbuckle*

1. Phil Kessel
2. Hannu Toivonen
3. Tuuka Rask
4. Mark Stuart
5. Matt Lashoff
6. Martins Karsums
7. Petr Kalus
8. David Krejci
9. Milan Jurcina
10. Yuri Alexandrov
11. Vladimir Sobotka
12. Jonathan Sigalet
13. Brad Marchand
14. Ben Walter
15. Milan Lucic
16. Jordan Sigalet
17. Yan Stastny
18. Tyler Redenbach
19. Wacey Rabbit
20. Mikko Lehtonen

No the depth isn't there. You have to look at other teams. Don't feel like listing them all here, but there are a host of teams with far better top 20 prospects, whether you use the debateable HF criteria or not WTH is Toivunen doing on a prospect list- he was with the Bruins all season? Or Jurcina?

Anyway - the Bruins depth after the top 8 or so prospects NOT with the NHL team is mid-level prospects at best that only a diehard Buin fan would love. It's the same with every club - every fan thinks their 15th ranked guy is a future second liner.

lubomirvaic

Jul 25, 2002
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I have to agree that Rask and Kessel are the top of the list for the B's, but Karsuums, Sigalet and Statsny definitely have a chance to shine as well. Overall, the Bruins lack depth, but then again, so do many other teams these days. My Cancuks are in a bad place and have been for a while and I consider the Bruins to be slightly better overall.

btw, anyone else wonder why Zherdev says he's a Habs fan when he clearly leans towards a BJ fan??? Namesake and first team of choice in comparisons? Also, as a comparison, I wouldn't think the Habs are ina any better position than Boston in terms of propects, they're definitely in the bottom 8 in the league IMHO.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
NO MATTER WHO DA BRUINS DRAFT OR ACQUIRE VIA TRADE....THEY WILL SUCK 4EVER. YOU GUYS WILL NEVER WIN A CUP!! YOU GUYS TRADED AWAY YOUR 2 CORE FRANCHISE PLAYERS IN THORNTON(BEST PLAYER IN DA NHL) AND SAMSONOV WHO IN MY MIND CAN ALSO BE A FRANCHISE PLAYER IF NOT INJURED. GIVE UP ON DA BRUINS, YOU'D BE BETTER OFF CHEERING FOR COLOMBUS, AT LEAST DER NOT DUMB ENOUGH TO TRADE AWAY THERE FRANCHISE PLAYERS!!

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Rask could very well turn into the franchise goaltender you guys have been waiting for since Cheevers......JFJ gave up a bit much for Raycroft IMO...but on the other hand Im hoping Raycroft can get back to his rookie season performance too.....

AD

Aug 2, 2005
Bigassofficetower
Ok first of all Im a habs fan, I just used Colombus as an example. See Montreal had made the mistake of trading away their franchise player in Patrick Roy but at least we werent stupid enough to lose him just like that, at least we got our two cups from him and added to our great score of 24. When was the last time the Bruins won a Stanley Cup, oh yea I remember that was back in the day where I think televisions were still not invented....1972.

The Bruins are going to beat the Chicago's Cubs record soon as the longest team to ever go without a Championship along with those loser Maple Leafs.

GO HABS GO.....24 CUPS AND COUNTING....NOTHING YOU OR ANY1 ELSE CAN SAY BOUT OUR 24 CUPS!!!

I was hoping against hope that you weren't a Habs fans... *sigh*

Randall Graves*

TRUTH HURT DOESNT IT!!

And even though I know your reffering to the "da" "der" etc... dats because I am on msn alot and thats the way everyone types.
You, Masser, Howard, and Vedder deserve your own section on this forum.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Well, with the addition of Brian Finley and Dennis Packard, the B's clearly zoom to the top of the organizational rankings...:sarcasm:

For any long-time HF posters from the old descending posts-style boards, who was that crazy Nashville Predators fan who was a posting machine and loved Brian Finley? I remember him posting top goalie prospect lists every two to three days, with Finley being at the top of each and every one. Was it the poster known as "Predsfan?" This would have been circa summer of 2000 timeframe. Any of the old timers help me out? Is he still hanging out around here somewhere?

Kid was a riot- one dedicated fan!

Last edited:

daibaffoni

Jul 15, 2006
"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

So your telling me trading away Thornton AND Samsonov was a good thing for the Bruins, as well as us fully knowing that the Bruins do give up on people who ask for too much money no matter how good or bad they are. How about examples such as Jason Allison,Bill Guerin,Joe Thornton,Sergei Samsonov etc...

And Im not sure if your a Bruins fan but if you are then God should have mercy on your soul, because we all know a cup in the Bruins future is defitnetly not a possibilty.

Maithz

So your telling me trading away Thornton AND Samsonov was a good thing for the Bruins, as well as us fully knowing that the Bruins do give up on people who ask for too much money no matter how good or bad they are. How about examples such as Jason Allison,Bill Guerin,Joe Thornton,Sergei Samsonov etc...

And Im not sure if your a Bruins fan but if you are then God should have mercy on your soul, because we all know a cup in the Bruins future is defitnetly not a possibilty.

ahhh come on dude at least dont write that you are a habs fan ... sorry B's we are not all like this ... :shakehead sure b's and habs are in rivality but do you know the word respect between 2 of the greatest teams ever !?

Transported Upstater

You, Masser, Howard, and Vedder deserve your own section on this forum.

Hey, hold on a second, that's not really fair...

Vedder makes irrational and ridiculous trade proposals, but he is a passionate fan who doesn't intentionally try to aggravate an entire fan base. Vedder is a good guy...he just is a bit overzealous on the relative worth of Leaf players. Vedder is NOT a troll, and it kind of bothers me that you would compare him to our "special" thread starter over here...

Transported Upstater

ahhh come on dude at least dont write that you are a habs fan ... sorry B's we are not all like this ... :shakehead sure b's and habs are in rivality but do you know the word respect between 2 of the greatest teams ever !?

Anyone worth half a crap knows not to judge all Habs fans as one.

Other than my own team's board, my second favorite team site to visit is the Habs board, because I really like the discussion that takes place there. You get a great mix of opinions, and there's always a bunch of good posters online.

Maithz

Anyone worth half a crap knows not to judge all Habs fans as one.

Other than my own team's board, my second favorite team site to visit is the Habs board, because I really like the discussion that takes place there. You get a great mix of opinions, and there's always a bunch of good posters online.

yeah but somes of them do not read what they write

daibaffoni

Jul 15, 2006

All I said was my opinion and what I find is the truth, I dont understand whats so wrong. I find the B's are not a great franchise, since they lost Cam Neely the team hasnt been the same. Thornton and Samsonov combined were there salvation in helping out the Bruins get back on a Stanley Cup run but that now is ruined. So whats next they trade away Begreron and Kessel. And I wouldnt be surprised if by 2 seasons come Mr.Hannu Toivnen is gone. Yes he may be very skilled and talented but so was former Rookie of the Year Andrew Raycroft. He was supposed to now have been your franchise goaltender but instead hes wearing a Leafs jersey. Never taught Id see the day that the Leafs and Bruins would make a trade, for once the Bruins actually won in the trade. But both teams are not smart, its part of life. From one Stanley Cup thrieving team to the other.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
All I said was my opinion and what I find is the truth, I dont understand whats so wrong. I find the B's are not a great franchise, since they lost Cam Neely the team hasnt been the same. Thornton and Samsonov combined were there salvation in helping out the Bruins get back on a Stanley Cup run but that now is ruined. So whats next they trade away Begreron and Kessel. And I wouldnt be surprised if by 2 seasons come Mr.Hannu Toivnen is gone. Yes he may be very skilled and talented but so was former Rookie of the Year Andrew Raycroft. He was supposed to now have been your franchise goaltender but instead hes wearing a Leafs jersey. Never taught Id see the day that the Leafs and Bruins would make a trade, for once the Bruins actually won in the trade. But both teams are not smart, its part of life. From one Stanley Cup thrieving team to the other.

I am pretty sure Toivonen outplayed Raycroft by a wide margin and took the #1 goaltending job away from him.
Does anybody know if Hannu is eligible for the Calder trophy?
Do you think he is still a prospect, or has he graduated?

If he is still a prospect, I don't know who I would but as the B's #1 rated prospect, Hannu or Kessel.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

Ah, don't worry about it... every team has these types of fans (the Habs just have a higher percentage of them). There are lots of Habs fans I respect, I love that McPhee dude... but the younger generation of habs fans are really, really annoying for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad