Where do the Bruins rank now in prospects??

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Leaving it to the experts here...

After adding Phil Kessel, Yuri Alexandrov, Brad Marchand and Tuuka Rask to the thier prospects base, where would the experts here now rank the Bruins as a team...

Being a fan, obviously all the B's prospects are going to be All-Stars, but Id like some unbiased opinions...

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
I am not sure where they rank with other teams, but I really like Kessel, Rask, and all the young D.
I don't know if they are considered prospects anymore, but, Mark Stuart, Jurcina and Alberts all look like very solid defensemen and Hannu Toivonen(sp?) is a fantastic goalie.
The Bruins draft has looked very solid for the last couple of years, especially Patrice Bergeron. I like the Bruins amatuer scouting staff as much as any other teams.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
The problem for the bruins is that while they improved, A LOT of other teams did as well. The only team which I think slightly get downgraded is Anaheim. They added Mitera but lost Smid.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
Marchand and Alexandrov are nice picks, but everyone added players of around that calibur, so they don't really stand out enough to boost Boston much, if at all.

You're right... but I still think that Marchand was a great pick and will be a player that the Bruins will thank themselves for taking when he makes it to the NHL :dunno:

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
HFBoards is gradually going downhill in my opinion, because of posts like this.
People can't stay on topic either.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
IM NOT 11 YEARS OLD AND IM DEFITNETLY NOT A COMPLETE IDIOT....REMEMBER IM NOTTTTT A BRUIN FAN!!.....AND TO EVERY OTHER BRUIN FAN OR PERSON WHO HAS A PROB WITH WAT I SAY I COULDNT GIVE A RATS ***.

BRUINS SUCK.....GO HABS GO!!!

C'mon, you gotta respect the Bruins organization, they original 6 team. :)

Anyways, I see the Bruins being just a bit out of the Top 10.

When do the new HF Team Rankings come out anyways? Midseason?

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
C'mon, you gotta respect the Bruins organization, they original 6 team. :)

Anyways, I see the Bruins being just a bit out of the Top 10.

When do the new HF Team Rankings come out anyways? Midseason?

Probably earlier than that. I hope to have the committee hard at work by at least the start of the season.
Boston has definitely improved, but you can never expect a huge jump. Remember, other teams have improved as well...

Vic Rattlehead*

I honestly think that the Bruins have rised up a couple of spots. They added two bluechip prospects in Kessel and Rask, and added a skilled defenceman ain Alexandrov. Add a couple of decent prospects such as Lucic and Marchand, and the Bruins have improved their weakness, which was lack of talented forwards. Krejci, Karsums, and Kalus have all improved, all have the talent to be top six forwards in the NHL.

However, as others mentioned, teams in front of Boston improved as well (in terms of prospects). Tough to predict where Boston stands right now, but I'd say they place 14-16.

X0ssbar

That's why a mod needs to lock this bad boy....pronto!

(I would but don't have rights to this forum)...

Transported Upstater

Its funny how the only world you can use to insult is "idiot". You people overexaggerate so much. Message boards are made for opinions and what I wrote was my opinion...like it or not.

THIS message board, however, has a higher standard (or, at least, it was supposed to). This is not a team's uber-homer fan board. This board has plenty of quality hockey minds on here, ones that can express their opinions in relatively standard written English, without criticizing rival teams. Apparently, that is something you have yet to learn.

The only members of this board who have a legitimate excuse for not typing in decent enough English are the non-native speakers, such as much of the Habs board or the many, many Europeans on HF. However, your English is fine, yet you choose to type in horribly aggravating style.

Let me tell you something: The only members of this board cool enough to type like that and get away with it are the legendary O'Connor and Gatzos, Steve (or one of their other monikers.)

And if you want me to stick to topic then the Bruins Prospects are great, problem is its the Bruins once the player becomes great and will ask for more money, they trade them away. Pointe Finale

That's NOT sticking to topic, at all. How can you not see this?

Honestly, my advice to you is to clean up your act here, or you will have the smack laid down on you by one of our many moderators/administrators.

It's up to you.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

True. 50 some replys and only ONE had a comment that was really on topic...:help:

The Bruins top-10 prospects are (not really in order):

1-Kessel
2-Rask
3-M.Stuart
4-Kalus
5-Lashoff
6-Karsums
7-Krejci
8-Alexandrov
9-Walter
10-Sigalet

Leaving Toivonen and Stastny of that list.

So stop the **** and stay on topic. Where do you think the Bruins prospects rank and who do you see ahead of them?

Bruzin

Jan 13, 2003
Berlin
Visit site
Yikes! I was really looking forward to this thread. It had potential for a great debate. The Bruins added two marquee talents, Kessel and Rask, and I think Karsums' playoff MVP performance - 7 game winning goals - boosted his stock. Did the teams ahead of the Bruins really upgrade as much as Boston did?

Can we start a new thread and ban zherdev13 from it?

Oh, and why in the Hell would anybody type "det" instead of "get" while text messaging? It's THE SAME AMOUNT OF LETTERS!!!

Transported Upstater

True. 50 some replys and only ONE had a comment that was really on topic...:help:

1-Kessel
2-Rask
3-M.Stuart
4-Kalus
5-Lashoff
6-Karsums
7-Krejci
8-Alexandrov
9-Walter
10-Sigalet

So stop the **** and stay on topic. Where do you think the Bruins prospects rank and who do you see ahead of them?

Adding Kessel and Rask DEFINITELY helps the Bruins' prospect list.

I still think Kessel has the highest upside in the '06 draft, and I would have taken him over anyone not named Erik Johnson.

Rask is a quality stopper. I don't know where he'd play in Boston, given Hannu Toivonen's talent, but Rask has years to go before he's NHL ready anyways, during which anything can happen.

I won't comment on team prospect rankings, because I think they cannot be taken too seriously.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
Like I said before your one of those short-minded people who cannot adapt or learn to understand another way of typing. Your probably a 65 year old man with nothing to do better in life and thinks that because a person types differently its wrong. Who are you to say that "da" is the wrong way of typing it. So I really dont care what you say, this is the last message where I type the way that you think it should be typed.
Try again buddy. 21 year old college student over here. Its not that I'm a grammar nazi or I'm trying to be a jerk, its that it makes you look stupid. And your follow up posts aren't helping.

Back on topic: Adding Rask and Kessel is dynamite for the Bruins. Has Kessel decided if he's going to college or not? I would think that the Bruins were banking on him heading to the NHL with the acquisition of Savard.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com

1-Kessel
2-Rask
3-M.Stuart
4-Kalus
5-Lashoff
6-Karsums
7-Krejci
8-Alexandrov
9-Walter
10-Sigalet

Jean- I think you definitely need Vladimir Sobotka inside that top-10 over Walter and even Jon Sigalet.

Milan Lucic is knocking on the door as well- and I say that because of how incredibly high the Bruins are on his upside. Granted- his skating needs a lot of work, but he's a guy they envision big things from.

turnbuckle*

I'd place them no higher than the middle of the pack. Kessel and Rask are nice prospects, but Boston's overall depth is not comparable to at least a dozen other teams.

acr*

1-Kessel
2-Rask
3-M.Stuart
4-Kalus
5-Lashoff
6-Karsums
7-Krejci
8-Alexandrov
9-Walter
10-Sigalet

Bit of a drop-off after #8...I don't care for Ben Walter that much...don't see him being anything more then a 4th liner/healthy scratch...the new Lee Goren.

But they'll have more drafts and FA periods to improve their forward depth, not to mention that with Toivonen and Rask in the system, one could be moved in a few years.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Notice how no one had posted anything on this topic until I wrote something. There had been 50 views and yet still no comments, you guys should thank me that I actually said something and if you you guys dun like my opinion...DEAL WITH IT!!!

YEZ BLUD UZ KNOWZ WHAT I IS SAYING MAN. U GET ME, DA ALL NEED TO TAKE A LESSON FROM DA MASTER, ZHERDEV13.

Yeah, me and you wouldn't be a good couple.

Just calm down. Perfectly happy to listen to your opinion, but just be calm and nice to other posters dude.

Bruins have made their ranking go up for sure. Rask and Kessel are two blue chip prospects. I don't know how their depth is, but i'd say they will be around 10 or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad