OT: Where can i sell my hockey cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I have a collection of like 1000-2000 hockey cards from the 90-s til now. I know i'll probably get about 10 cents for each card but i just wanna sell them off. Is there any places around here i could go to?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I have a collection of like 1000-2000 hockey cards from the 90-s til now. I know i'll probably get about 10 cents for each card but i just wanna sell them off. Is there any places around here i could go to?

1) eBay - If they're 10 cent cards I suggest creating batches of 10's and selling them in "lots."

2) Card shows - http://www.bossashows.com/aspx/m/537051 Every month on a Sunday there's a card show set up at Bonsor Rec Center in Burnaby. You can rent a table there and try selling them.

Make sure you check out the latest Beckett Pricing Guide to make sure you don't sell yourself short on a potential gem.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
there arent any sports memorabillia stores around here that buy cards as well as sell?

It depends on what you're selling. But chances are if you have just a bunch of common cards and they aren't complete sets you probably won't get interest from any of these stores. Also you need to make sure they're in good condition. If the corners are dinged and they aren't protected at all then you might as well just donate them to some kid.

VanCity Millionaires

Oct 4, 2005
Vancouver
I've often wondered what my old collection would fetch. I've got around 6000 cards dating back to the 1950s. I have large portions of most sets in the early 80's including multiple HOFers rookie cards. I also have a smattering of gems and collectibles from the early 1990s, including over 85 different Bure cards. My personal highlights are a Ray Bourque rookie card, Paul Henderson autographed opeechee classic, Kirk McLean rookie, and I am very pleased with my Bure collection. All in all, I'll likely never sell them and pass them onto my kids (who I don't have yet).

It would be interesting to value it, if for insurance reasons alone.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
It depends on what you're selling. But chances are if you have just a bunch of common cards and they aren't complete sets you probably won't get interest from any of these stores. Also you need to make sure they're in good condition. If the corners are dinged and they aren't protected at all then you might as well just donate them to some kid.

i have one full set and only very few cards arent in perfect condition.
I also have some cards that are hand autographed by that player
So are there any stores willing to buy these. Pretty sure most of the cards are common

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
I probably could be interested, depending on what you are selling (want to start some collecting), however shipping costs to europe would probably kill any deal. :D

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If you get your cards autographed yourself, without a certificate of authenticity, the value to yourself is worth more than what you'll likely get for the card.

empireautographscom

Jun 29, 2011
Vancouver
That may be true but because someone has a COA doesnt mean the item is authentic either, Anybody can print a COA off there computer and put it with an item.

Its more about learning who your buying the autograph from, there back ground, there rep. etc. trusting who you are dealing with.

Ive been getting autographs for 14 seasons now this year, man time flys... lol

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
That may be true but because someone has a COA doesnt mean the item is authentic either, Anybody can print a COA off there computer and put it with an item.

Its more about learning who your buying the autograph from, there back ground, there rep. etc. trusting who you are dealing with.

Ive been getting autographs for 14 seasons now this year, man time flys... lol

By that I mean from a reputable company, like Upper Deck, Panini, or a majorly renowned dealer.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
While we are at it, does anyone can recommend a good set for the new season? I am looking to buy box(es), not the most expensive ones but it should be upper class, which include rare sets.

VanJaysFan*

While we are at it, does anyone can recommend a good set for the new season? I am looking to buy box(es), not the most expensive ones but it should be upper class, which include rare sets.

The Cup & the topend ITG sets are the only things that manage to hold value. I only buy The Cup but just individual cards, not boxes.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
1) eBay - If they're 10 cent cards I suggest creating batches of 10's and selling them in "lots."

2) Card shows - http://www.bossashows.com/aspx/m/537051 Every month on a Sunday there's a card show set up at Bonsor Rec Center in Burnaby. You can rent a table there and try selling them.

Make sure you check out the latest Beckett Pricing Guide to make sure you don't sell yourself short on a potential gem.

Beckett is useless and out of touch with reality.. for anything mid to high end, just search completed listings on Ebay to get an idea of a sell value. The market should dictate prices.

If you want to sell on a website, check out SportsCardForum. I'm the hockey inventory and storefront manager on the site. It's a very well run site with lots of great users. It's completely free to use.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
This might be a few years late and not even related to hockey cards, but is anyone (who's in Vancouver or coming to Vancouver) interested in a Trevor Linden autographed Beckett magazine with him on the cover?

146.jpg

The signature is authentic as I got this from Trevor at a card show at the old Pacific Coliseum back around 1992. I'm only looking for people who are in Vancouver or coming to Vancouver to buy this from me. E-bay prices for the same thing is around $60 CDN, including shipping. I won't charge that much. PM and we'll talk. If no one buys this from me, then I'll just go to E-bay and sell it.

Btw, I also have these (but not signed) if anyone is interested:
148.jpg
150.jpg

Sorry to post here, but I'm not sure where else to post these without going through E-bay.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Those 90's cards were heavily over produced and for the most part have no value. I chucked most of my cards out. If you have a key rookie you might get a couple bucks but the rest aren't worth the cardboard they are printed on.

someguy44

Apr 6, 2004
Space Jail
Yes, you are right. But, I'm trying to sell these magazines (one of them signed by Trevor Linden), not cards.

I've got a bunch of 90's cards, which I'll use for firewood someday or give them away to kids for chucking at walls.

member 105785

I work at a trading card store, hockey cards from the 90's are basically a cheap alternative to toilet paper.

You need either cards from the 60's, or from the new sets with jersey patches and signed cards where the packs cost $100 each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad