WJC: Where can I live stream?

AK1990

Nov 20, 2011
I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
If whoever your staying with has the NHL network then you will be able to see all of team USA and Canada's games, also both quarter and semis, bronze and gold. I would try firstrowsports.eu and click ice hockey. Or if I were you I would go on tsn.ca two hours or so after the game and click on view more in our video player. From there you can access hockey Canada events on demand. Theyll have the games period by period in hd. I'll be in the same predicament in new York and that's how I'll be watching. Hope this helps.

You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

Believe I watched it on fasthockey

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
You can't view TSN outside of canada as far as I know. Was in Florida for the last WJ's, couldn't stream it.

I think the on-demand games that were uploaded afterwards worked, though.

On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH

You're right you can't stream live outside of Canada, but you can watch the games afterword in the Hockey Canada on demand section. I live in the states and I watched the Canada-Russia challenge that way this past summer.

craigcaulks*

I'm going to be in Florida during the tournament...they defs don't cover the games is there a place where can i live stream the games?

Thanks,

GO CANADA!

Buy a sling box if they still exist. Or find someone who can explain proxy server correctly.

Jan 3, 2012

That site is excellent.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
livetv.ru Choose English. On game day they will have in browser streams or if you download sopcast (Free and I highly recommend it), you can open the sopcast links which will be have HD quality streams.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
TSN is gonna archive all the games on their site right? I remember I was able to watch pretty much every game played but I can't remember what service I used. Does TSN archive all of them or just the big teams...or just Canada?

SH15

May 11, 2012
Toronto, ON
If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime. :rant:

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
If you are watching an archived game on TSN.ca just a word of warning...they used to list them with thumbnails by period, which can spoil an OT game. No idea if that's still the case. I was on my honeymoon in Cuba in 08/09 and watched all games when I returned the day before the gold medal game. This led to me having the Eberle tying goal ruined for me because I saw in the TSN Video Player cue that there was a Canada/Russia overtime. :rant:
Yeah, that thing sucked for me, as well. I always tried watching a particular section of the screen where I knew first period would be located, and then just watch the games without looking at how much time there was left on the broadcast. It never worked :laugh:

h22prelude93

Jan 27, 2010
St.Louis, Mo
Also wiziwig.eu. HDTVPlayer might also have some channel showing games and they will be better quality than flash streams.

Wiziwig is freaking sweet. They also have a forum that is worth checking out. I've found many NCAA, Juniors, Etc games there that I wouldn't have found elsehere. Sometimes you have to use p2p programs like streamtorrent, but with those the quality of the streams are usually excellent with little to no lag. They also archive some things as well.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
On another note, is it really correct to refer to watching a stream as "streaming"? I always associate "streaming" with actually broadcasting a live stream.

I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think its not correct.. I also thought that the topic starter wants to know in which site he could easily stream games for others. But speaking bad english is pop these days. No one understand's whats "to give" these days, you must typo it on purpose and say "to giev" ect..

The feeling when you learn and study english for years, then you start to use the english side of the internet, and you actually get to chat with native english speakers.. and find out that you should've just learnt it wrong from the start!

Yes, those who watch the streams are just viewers where as those who provide the stream are streamers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad