Where can I learn more about Junior hockey?

Mr Lahey*

I follow the OHL, but am interested in watching some of the leagues directly below the OHL up here in Sault Ste Marie. Anyone have and tips or information to help me learn more bout these leagues? Much
appreciated!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
To watch, you must pay for the online feeds and they aren't cheap.

Mr Lahey*

http://www.noha-hockey.com/

After doing some research on the hockey Canada website, I've found the OHF website. I think I am starting to understand the structure.

Do players in the priority draft generally get selected out of Minor Midget?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
There are 5 Ontario leagues that players are drafted out of

GTHL - Greater Toronto
OMHA - Newmarket, Whitby, Oshawa,
Alliance - London, Windsor, Kitchener, etc.
OEMHA- Ottawa Region
GNML - U18 league that has a small percentage of players selected every year.

The area in Sault Ste Marie would be the Sault Ste. Marie North Stars of the GNML.

Other leagues in the states include Tier 1 and the USHL, as well as high school hockey.

Generally 260 of the players that are playing U16. The only ones who do not are from the states or
from the North.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

What about the GMHL... I had a friend play on the Minden Riverkings until they went defunct.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
What about the GMHL... I had a friend play on the Minden Riverkings until they went defunct.

The Greatern Metro Hockey League is an outlaw league under Hockey Canada. Although there have been graduates play in the OHL (Clint Windsor in Barrie is the only one that I know of), its a poor version of Jr A. I have seen 3-4 games, and its not a very high level of hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad