OT: Where can I find 8X10 quality photos of former habs players holding a cup?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
This may seem like a stupid question as everyone will say google but hear me out.

My brother is making a collection from talented habs of the past holding a cup(on the ice, not off the ice). He's looking for good quality photos and trying to get them all signed, framed and all that for a personal collection.

It's easy to find a carey price photo of today for example but it's hard to find say a nice guy carbonneau or john leclair picture without it already being autographed or having a watermark over it.

Example:

img-132768-f.jpg

He's winning to pay for each photo if it's cheap(like 1-3$ each or a small one time license fee).

He doesn't need photo printed, he can print it somewhere himself if need be, he just needs the picture as a minimum.

Any suggestions?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I think you can buy from Getty Images. Seems pricy though.

Montreal Canadiens Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

Otherwise, I’d just use Google but filter by size (large and up for printing purposes). Naturally, there may be copyright issues but I guess if he isn’t selling these, doubtful any real issue may come up.

Anyhow, seeing as to how we haven’t won a cup in 25 years, photo quality may be hit or miss.

Reactions: LyricalLyricist

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think you can buy from Getty Images. Seems pricy though.

Montreal Canadiens Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

Yeah I saw. I believe getty image pricing is meant for newspapers, websites, etc... and not personal use so it's crazy expensive.

Otherwise, I’d just use Google but filter by size (large and up for printing purposes). Naturally, there may be copyright issues but I guess if he isn’t selling these, doubtful any real issue may come up.

Anyhow, seeing as to how we haven’t won a cup in 25 years, photo quality may be hit or miss.

That's what he's been doing with google. Unfortunately it's always the same result.

He's aiming to build a decent collection but this has been an obstacle for him for consistency purposes. He'd like to get as many cup holding photos as possible, especially for the 1993 team.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Yeah I saw. I believe getty image pricing is meant for newspapers, websites, etc... and not personal use so it's crazy expensive.

That's what he's been doing with google. Unfortunately it's always the same result.

He's aiming to build a decent collection but this has been an obstacle for him for consistency purposes. He'd like to get as many cup holding photos as possible, especially for the 1993 team.

It may be a lot of work, but he can try looking for newspapers and/or sports magazines and scan them. I wouldn’t know where to direct you though, other than maybe eBay. In movies, these can be found in libraries, but not sure it’s like that IRL.

For grins and giggles, I did try looking for LeClair pictures and yeah, they all have autographs on them.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I have an autographed black and white 8x10 of Beliveau with the Cup but I'm asking more than $3 for it.

Well, my brother just wants blank ones. Apart from Beliveau and Richard he just wants the picture, he'd print it himself and get it signed himself.

He's already gotten a few autographs. His biggest issue is just finding the picture to get signed!

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I have a pic , and video, of 2 girls and a cup if you want it?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
At least we have color photos...........poor leaf fans are dealing with black and whites!! For the time being...
But man, they are still annoying Leaf fans. I hate the Montreal Bergevinians but I will stop at nothing to slam arrogant Leaf fans and remind them about 1967, they slam us and we are the last Canadian franchise(Gary figured it all out lol) to have won a cup, I still think that they are cursed and something will fall apart for them lol. The Matthews vs Tavares rift lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad