Where can I catch a Pens game on TV in Nashville?

CoinOp

Jun 30, 2015
Hi People. Pens fan coming in peace. I'm going to be in Nashville this weekend and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a hockey bar that I could catch the Pens On TV. Thanks!

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Most sports bars should have at least one screen showing the game. But I would ask on the Pens board as well, there are a lot of transplants here and there may be a watch party going on somewhere.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Most bars downtown are extremely tourist-oriented but Bailey's and Broadway Brewhouse are kinda the most "normal" sports-oriented bars. Maybe Tavern 96 at the arena.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Go to Broadway Brewhouse downtown for the best viewing experience in that area imo. Also, beware of the bushwackers; I'm pretty solid and a couple of those things will make me fairly tipsy.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Brewhouse will have the games on, and if not they will turn it on for you. Same with Bailey's. If you want to cab it up, Sam's Sports Bar is fantastic in midtown.

CoinOp

Jun 30, 2015
...and thanks for Hornqvist, I enjoy his goalie punishing antics. Take care of Neal for us.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Brewhouse will have the games on, and if not they will turn it on for you. Same with Bailey's. If you want to cab it up, Sam's Sports Bar is fantastic in midtown.

I thought Sam's closed after the fire last June? Went to Vandy undergrad and spent a ton of time at Sam's; one of my favorite sports bars in the country. Had a great, local feel; I'm not a big fan of the really corporate sports bars (e.g. Buffalo Wild Wings).

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I thought Sam's closed after the fire last June? Went to Vandy undergrad and spent a ton of time at Sam's; one of my favorite sports bars in the country. Had a great, local feel; I'm not a big fan of the really corporate sports bars (e.g. Buffalo Wild Wings).

Wow, I had no idea. I go to the one in the Boro and I love the food.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Looks like this is correct. Per their website they have 6 locations and none are downtown.

http://samssportsgrill.com/

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I generally do like places like BWW because at least you know they'll have basically every sports channel possible. Or at least I should say I don't dislike them. Hell I'm a soccer fan and like the fact that they even have the MLS Directv package so I can watch my team play if I want. It seems like it's really hard to find places that have hockey and soccer TV packages. Center Ice is fairly common here these days but I don't think it's commonplace at the non-corporate places. BTW for what it's worth (nothing), not all Buffalo Wild Wings are corporate but I get your point.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Yeah I don't hate them, but I always felt at home at Sam's. Hell, we used to have our Econ "lab" at Sam's senior year; was effectively three hours of boozing with the teacher talking about sports economics, CBAs, revenue sharing, etc.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Yeah, Double Dogs opened right next to Sam's in Hillsboro Village and, as someone who's go-to Sports bar was Sam's before the fire... Double Dogs is better. Giant Tv's and individual sound boxes. Great happy hours

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad