Where art thou Kabanov?

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I feel like this guy's appearances in the news are as stochastic and unpredictable as his behavior, but where is he?

The latest article has him with MODO in Sweden, but where is he with the Isles?

I really liked what I saw of him as a player, but are we going to chalk him up as a loss?

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
I'd give him a few more years in Europe before calling him a bust. But he'll have to fight to get another opportunity here.

Until then, he means nothing, better to have someone else taking a roster spot in Bridgeport.

Last edited:

mutts

May 3, 2009
In MODO in 9 games, Kabanov has 3 goals and 1 assist for a total of 4 points. 2 penalty minutes and a 0 +/-.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
I feel like this guy's appearances in the news are as stochastic and unpredictable as his behavior, but where is he?

The latest article has him with MODO in Sweden, but where is he with the Isles?

I really liked what I saw of him as a player, but are we going to chalk him up as a loss?

Please tell us what you liked about his game. I am very curious to hear because I thought he was always out of position and trailing the play back up ice, had absolutely no hockey sense, a lack laster shot and mediocre playmaking. He did go into the corners and high traffic areas but never came away with the puck in the corners.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
Scored two goals for MODO earlier today against Luleå. Almost got the hattrick in the OT when he hit the inside post. Great chemistry with William Nylander. I'm VERY impressed with him so far.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
I will not give up on KK yet. Not sure if he is NHL ready at this momoent, but I do believe he has both size and skill. I remember watched him played in the Memorial Cup tournament and was quite impressed with some of his moves. He has good hands and decent speed, just need a bit more maturity. By the way, has anyone ever watched the movie Moneyball? Misfits are not always going to be failure. If they have skills and has something to prove, you never know. You just need to know how to motivate them.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Please tell us what you liked about his game. I am very curious to hear because I thought he was always out of position and trailing the play back up ice, had absolutely no hockey sense, a lack laster shot and mediocre playmaking. He did go into the corners and high traffic areas but never came away with the puck in the corners.

No way. He's got real skills and I don't think they were ever in question. Just look at the Modo highlights. His hands ARE elite, his speed is above average...he could put on a few more pounds....

even during the exhibition games last year he looked great. He just doesn't have discipline OFF the ice. Comes in late, sleeps in, partys too much... I figure his father kicked his butt so much to just play hockey that he does what he believes he missed out on life. He needs a therapist, just like half our team.

SashaMesic

Aug 18, 2008
I have him as a Facebook friend and he sure does seem to be doing a lot of partying....

Partying in Sweden as well? He must've found company rather quickly then!

The overall feeling I get of the MoDo franchise is a strict and professional one - unlike some of the bottom feeders. Add to that Markus Näslund is GM and Peter Forsberg is assistant GM, and should have a watching eye as well as taking interest in the development of the youngsters.

On a side note there's no shame in going out taking a couple of beers on a weekend. But when shots start lining up it's gone out of hand. So there's of course difference in "partying", please define.

JTforPres2012

Feb 12, 2012
Partying in Sweden as well? He must've found company rather quickly then!

The overall feeling I get of the MoDo franchise is a strict and professional one - unlike some of the bottom feeders. Add to that Markus Näslund is GM and Peter Forsberg is assistant GM, and should have a watching eye as well as taking interest in the development of the youngsters.

On a side note there's no shame in going out taking a couple of beers on a weekend. But when shots start lining up it's gone out of hand. So there's of course difference in "partying", please define.

He's a kid, let him enjoy his life. I'm not saying he should go out and be belligerent every night, but if he's out on the weekend and it's not interfering with his play, so be it. I was in the same hotel as the Bruins once, and I was in an elevator with Chara and he was absolutely hammered and tipping over, and think how much he has to drink to be like that.

XO

Nov 4, 2009
1+1 against Skellefteå today.

PS. I'm yet to see or hear anything about him be a unprofessional player. He's the complete opposite of that. Team player.

Sneekypete

Mar 10, 2008
Branford,Ct
www.mprete.com
No way. He's got real skills and I don't think they were ever in question. Just look at the Modo highlights. His hands ARE elite, his speed is above average...he could put on a few more pounds....

even during the exhibition games last year he looked great. He just doesn't have discipline OFF the ice. Comes in late, sleeps in, partys too much... I figure his father kicked his butt so much to just play hockey that he does what he believes he missed out on life. He needs a therapist, just like half our team.

I have seen him play many times along with many other Bport posters and he was less then marginal at most times but he did hustle.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
I have him as a Facebook friend and he sure does seem to be doing a lot of partying....

Trust me, he does no more partying than any other young professional hockey player. He just doesn't hide from cameras at parties like many others do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad