Where are you from/live?

hobgoblin933

Jun 22, 2011
Cohoes, NY
How is Albany/upstate NY not on that list? The River Rats were pretty popular for a while here, and there's a huge contingent of Devils fans as a result. Not to mention the resurrection with the Albany Devils.

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
Going to Devils vs. Kings/Ducks is hell. Both fanbases are rude

I saw the Devils play in LA and Anaheim in 2010 and I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

Arrogant and completely self-absorbed.

I took quite the pleasure in the Devils beating Anaheim, who even refused to acknowledge the opposing team existed. Unfortunately the LA game was the one where Parise had the season ending injury and we lost 3-1.

dudedrop26

Jul 21, 2013
Born in southern California, raised in Bergen County, NJ. Moved back to CA when I was 12, even spent a few years in my early 20s in Manhattan... Kansas. Back in CA now, just outside Anaheim. I have a feeling by this time next year I'll be living somewhere else, possibly another state. I move a lot!

To answer your question, I find it much harder to be a Devils fan out here. There are few hockey fans out here to begin with (maybe a bit more now that the Kings won a Cup, but mostly bandwagoners waiting for the Lakers season to start) so it's not easy to find other folks to talk to about the NHL.

Born And Raised Orange County, California Here. But a Devils Fan For Life!

Last edited:

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
How is Albany/upstate NY not on that list? The River Rats were pretty popular for a while here, and there's a huge contingent of Devils fans as a result. Not to mention the resurrection with the Albany Devils.

No doubt. Hopefully Upstate NY's Steve Santini helps us gain more fans in the area as well.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I did a poll last offseason but was more specific in the counties.
There is no definitive "North" or "Central" Jersey.

Ex: Some people consider Bedminster Central Jersey, some North Jersey.

And the Western Jersey category omits Warren County.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey

I'm actually surprised at how big the Albany River Rats cult following still is.
The Albany Devils haven't been the greatest draw, but every time I'm up that way with a Devils hat or hoodie or something, I always get at least one person reminiscing about having the River Rats around.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Brith to 18: Kinnelon, NJ...then Brooklyn for 8 years...now in southern Vermont, being a ski bum.

My ski bum days were in norther Vemont.

Born: Caldwell, NJ
Living: Flemington, NJ

Yup, this week I'm moving to western NJ and doubling my commute to games.. It's worth it for the much shorter commute to Bridgewater for work.. Plus, the area could use some Devils support so I'll be riding around with my large logo magnets on my car and also getting them to put games on at bars (which they actually do fairly consistently anyway, so the support here is already decent)

Hunterdon County is overwhelmingly Devils fans.

I'm the only one from Manhattan? WTF?

I escaped a few months ago! I miss living walking distance to literally hundreds of bars and restaurants. I dont miss stratospheric rent checks.

I'm from Parts Unknown. :sarcasm:

I'll buy that.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Central Jersey. Born in New Brunswick (hospital now called Robert Wood Johnson), raised in Highland Park, currently live in Piscataway.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Leonardo, NJ.

Stopped there on the way to this STP show in September for the re-opening of Starland.

Only reason was for the QuickStop (The convenience store that was in Clerks for those who haven't seen the movie) Amazingly the video store is still there...closed with all the old VHS' still inside. Like a relic.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Hey Chess, where are you from in Bergen County? Sorry if I already have asked this before. I'm from Cliffside Park. So I was only a few blocks from Hudson County (North Bergen)

I don't find it to be hard. I do miss seeing games at Prudential Center, as I think I saw all but one regular season/playoff game that was played in there prior to the 11-12 season. Luckily with my job, I'm able to get up there for holidays and I can catch a few games when I'm up.

I've been here 2 years as of last month, and no plans to ever move back. The Devils and having access to better food (Particularly pizza) do make it tempting sometimes though!:laugh:

I lived in Emerson

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I'm the only one from Manhattan? WTF?

you and me, buddy. I'm guessing it's a demographic thing - most of the board is too young to afford Manhattan, or too smart to pay what it costs. leaving me and you as the outliers.

still, awesome to see Devils jerseys wandering around the streets here.

Beetlebum*

Born in the Bronx lived there till I was 14 following that I moved to Carmel, Indiana, and now I live in Malvern, Pennsylvania.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
There were more posters from Queens around here a few years ago.

In my area, I definitely do see plenty of Devils' fans...I'm not the only one.

MartysBetterThanYou

Jan 15, 2013
New Jersey
According to the Post office I live in Atlantic Highlands, but the cops tell me I'm in Middletown...

Postal addresses do not always match up with municipal lines. You reside in Middletown Township, but you are in a Zip Code that is assigned to "Atlantic Highlands, NJ". What do people call the neighborhood you live in colloquially? Atlantic Highlands, Middletown, or something else? Alternatively, what CDP (Census-Designated Place) do you live in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->