Where are you from/live?

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Born and raised in Bergen Country NJ but moved down to Florida for college. Hoping to eventually live in NJ again so I can be closer to the team.

Question - for those of you fellow Devil fans who live outside of NJ, do you find it harder to be a fan? I really really miss seeing games at Prudential Center :(

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Born and raised in Bergen Country NJ but moved down to Florida for college. Hoping to eventually live in NJ again so I can be closer to the team.

Question - for those of you fellow Devil fans who live outside of NJ, do you find it harder to be a fan? I really really miss seeing games at Prudential Center :(
Hey Chess, where are you from in Bergen County? Sorry if I already have asked this before. I'm from Cliffside Park. So I was only a few blocks from Hudson County (North Bergen)

I don't find it to be hard. I do miss seeing games at Prudential Center, as I think I saw all but one regular season/playoff game that was played in there prior to the 11-12 season. Luckily with my job, I'm able to get up there for holidays and I can catch a few games when I'm up.

I've been here 2 years as of last month, and no plans to ever move back. The Devils and having access to better food (Particularly pizza) do make it tempting sometimes though!:laugh:

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
Born in Newark, raised in Jackson then a brief stint in Jersey City (wtf was I thinking). Las Vegas, NV the past 15 years or so.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Born/raised: Bergen County, NJ
High school: Hudson Valley, NY
College: Wisconsin
Most of a decade: Chicago, IL
Recently: Jersey City, NJ

I was the only Devils fan in deep Rangers territory for HS. It was right after 94, so they were out in force. I was loud and proud and got abused for it. They mostly stopped wanting to talk hockey around the time Messier left for Vancouver.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Western Jersey (Sussex/Hunterdon)

Didn't see this^^^^^^^^^^^^ change my location to. Lambertville NJ

njdevilfan2005

May 6, 2013
Tacoma WA

Since I have gamecenter, and the HF boards, I find that it is easier to keep up being a fan of the Devils. I used to live in NW NJ (Hamburg) but had to move back to Washington State to take care of family. I do miss the Rock!!:)

Status Quo*

So cool to see so many people outside of the NJ area like the Devils

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Born in Brooklyn, NY.
Lived in Staten Island, NY for a year.
Currently live in Central NJ and Brooklyn.

Became a Devils fan before I moved to NJ, because the Islanders were a joke and I hated the Ranger fans in my family.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim

Born in southern California, raised in Bergen County, NJ. Moved back to CA when I was 12, even spent a few years in my early 20s in Manhattan... Kansas. Back in CA now, just outside Anaheim. I have a feeling by this time next year I'll be living somewhere else, possibly another state. I move a lot!

To answer your question, I find it much harder to be a Devils fan out here. There are few hockey fans out here to begin with (maybe a bit more now that the Kings won a Cup, but mostly bandwagoners waiting for the Lakers season to start) so it's not easy to find other folks to talk to about the NHL.

Going to Devils vs. Kings/Ducks is hell. Both fanbases are rude and constantly harass me at games despite the fact that I keep to myself. I don't go to Devils games anymore because it's not worth it. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to NJ and see a game at The Rock someday.

Status Quo*

Born in southern California, raised in Bergen County, NJ. Moved back to CA when I was 12, even spent a few years in my early 20s in Manhattan... Kansas. Back in CA now, just outside Anaheim. I have a feeling by this time next year I'll be living somewhere else, possibly another state. I move a lot!

To answer your question, I find it much harder to be a Devils fan out here. There are few hockey fans out here to begin with (maybe a bit more now that the Kings won a Cup, but mostly bandwagoners waiting for the Lakers season to start) so it's not easy to find other folks to talk to about the NHL.

Going to Devils vs. Kings/Ducks is hell. Both fanbases are rude and constantly harass me at games despite the fact that I keep to myself. I don't go to Devils games anymore because it's not worth it. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to NJ and see a game at The Rock someday.

So I take it you won't be going to see the Devils when they play the Kings in LA this year? I wouldn't. That place would be hell on earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->