Where are you at fan wise?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why would a non-fan take the time out of their day to ***** and moan all the time about the product? :laugh:

Are people who ***** about the Star Wars prequels not fans?
half the ones bitching claim they aren't even watching it anymore

I know what he's talking about. Hard to explain now with the product being at nearly it's objectively lowest point.
There are some fans though who are quite unreasonable.
I've yet to run into any on here but they're all over social media, viewing every loss as a burial and who think everyone should have a title. I think they're a younger crowd though.
I would say the "Asuka is ruined" comments on here are a good example of that, she dominated the match but lost because a heal used heal tactics. In no way does that ruin Asuka.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes, because people who weren’t big fans would waste their time on such a godawful product. :facepalm:
Alot of the people complaining are claiming they don't even watch it anymore, in fact, haven't you made that claim? (I could be mixing you up with someone else)

Reactions: CPTN71

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
half the ones *****ing claim they aren't even watching it anymore

I would say the "Asuka is ruined" comments on here are a good example of that, she dominated the match but lost because a heal used heal tactics. In no way does that ruin Asuka.
I don't think she's ruined for losing, but the repeated losses take their tole. She doesn't have to beat Carmella, no, but she doesn't have to face Carmella either. She could come back and beat her tomorrow, but I think they missed their shot for when it would have gotten a hotter response. Countless wrestlers in the past have had this happen, being pegged for something big but the payoff delayed too much and lose the fans attention.
Do I think they derailed her momentum as an attraction, I definitely do. "Ruined" as a talent? Not at all.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I don't think it's bitching to point out the trend that Triple H is successfully helping get guys over in NXT, only for them to go to the Main Roster and sit there and lose it all.

Sanity is an awesome stable, and both Young and Dain have the ability to have good quality singles matches. But then they lose their first match on TV, after not appearing for what, 3 months after being announced as coming soon?

Almas was way over, and got good heel heat, and yet, he gets put into an off and on again feud with Sin Cara that would be lucky to get 30 seconds on SmackDown and then a short match on the Pre-Show.

Finn Balor was way over when he came up, and it started of well, and he ended up being the first Universal Champion in a sick match with Seth Rollins. Gets hurt, and when he comes back, instead of continuing where he left off, they turned him into a smiley, no real feud, not a title threat guy.

Nakamura... it's like they had 0 idea how to book him as a face, so they turned him heel, and are having him low blow everyone. His first title win on the main roster came in a 30 second match.

Of all the Women to come up, the only two they have booked well are Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair. I guess Carmella counts too.

Samoa Joe seems to be booked well, despite them holding back on him getting a title run. Obviously injuries have been a factor.

Bray Wyatt and by extension Haper/Rowan have been completely botched. They should have always stayed a stable. It worked. Wyatt had his cult when he needed them, but Rowan/Harper could also gear off into a tag feud when not needed with Bray. Haper and Rowan are a GREAT brute team. Representing the Wyatt Family, it's awesome. Harper and Rowan as cave man brothers, just turns people off of them and it is seen as a joke gimmick to try and separate them more.

I've made a long enough post about how horrible the Tag Teams have been used previously. AA, Enzo/Cass, Revival, etc

There is hope for Drew McIntyre again at least.

Like, it's fair to say that the WWE's in ring quality is underrated. However, fans have the right to be pissed with A LOT of the creative/story telling aspect of the company, because it is awful.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alot of the people complaining are claiming they don't even watch it anymore, in fact, haven't you made that claim? (I could be mixing you up with someone else)
I absolutely complain about it and rarely watch these days.

Everyone here knows how hot I was on wrestling and the product and how much I wanted to actually be a wrestler. And then it died. The slow, gradual decline in quality and interest. It killed my passion for it. In my opinion I have every right to be as critical because deep down I still want it to be great and want it to get better.

I LOVE NXT, but I don’t really watch much either. Why? Because anyone I get invested in down there goes to shit on the main roster. There’s no point in investing in these guys, and thus, investing in the product.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Match wise...not much. I like the business of wrestling more. I expect WWE to try and make a move for Sinclair during the G1 Supercard. (No, I am not joking). I like NJPW and ROH product better but I'd like to watch more.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
If only they could get the NXT vibe going on the main roster. The storytelling and character development is fantastic. I am already buzzing about the next Takeover which is shaping up to be a big card.

I've been a lifelong fan of WWE. Like a few others have mentioned, I PVR the main roster shows and watch what grabs me. There is still the odd beacon of light that brings me back to the old days of being a fan but those are few and far between.

This is a show directed towards family friendly entertainment. Standards and practices. Vince has TV executives, sponsors, and others to consider. The result, sadly, has become a watered down product. With 5 hours of TV weekly, however, it boggles my mind how little they care about character development and storylines. So much potential there.

I need to get into NJPW but I haven't taken the plunge. I have seen some amazing clips online but haven't watched a show. Don't have the time and you know how it goes....change is hard

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I haven't watched RAW since January, sometimes I'll flick through maybe watch a segment then get bored and change the channel. Don't watch SD at all.

I'll usually at least tune in for PPV's and then if I get bored I'll stop watching.

The only thing I actively go out of my way to watch are TakeOvers because no matter what they never disappoint. Only thing I enjoy watching these days

These boards and r/sc are the only thing keeping me in the loop/around besides TakeOver

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I consider myself a fan, and my interest has been pretty stable for some time. My peak of interest was 16-20 years ago but HHH's reign and Cena's ascent killed my interest in following every single week. I read about the news in the wrestling world because I find it interesting and presumably will continue to do so. I watch matches that get good buzz and segments as well. I may catch an episode here or there but can easily go many months without watching. I've had renewed interest in older stuff, from before I was born or stuff when i was very young, and that is where most of my attention goes in regard to wrestling. Podcasts help in that regard.

The current product in general is a problem for me. WWE has a tremendously talented roster but presents wrestling in a mind-numbingly stupid way. New Japan is worth watching from time to time but I find it gets repetitive and I want more from wrestling than just workrate and generally bland promos. My interest in indy promotions peaked 13-14 years ago when CM Punk, Samoa Joe and Bryan Danielson were the big names. I don't care for a lot of the trends in indy wrestling right now so I ignore a lot of it. Just as WWE presents wrestling in an obviously poor way, I find that most indy wrestling presents wrestling as if everything is a snarky joke. NXT, which I am not a huge fan of but can appreciate, demonstrates that wrestling can still be done properly and I hope that at some point WWE or even a legitimate competitor follows its lead.

Basically I am a fan because I was long ago. I certainly wouldn't have started watching wrestling if my first exposure had been at any point in the last 15 years.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Stopped watching more or less after the Stone Cold vs Shawn Michael match at Wrestle Mania XIV.

Nothing against wrestling, but I was getting older and priorities and hobbies changed.I still look at wrestling fondly.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I watch more NJPW than WWE which was a product I did not watch at all before Kenny Omega turned on AJ Styles.

Haven’t watched Smackdown in awhile, but I’ll generally keep up with the results. RAW is on but if it’s not the Rollins/Ziggler stuff, I’m probably not paying attention. When Braun is moved on to the title picture, I’ll care but otherwise, nothing else on raw grabs me.

Do you subscribe to the NJPW network service?

And samesies regarding Rollins/Braun. Elias, AJ, KO also still have my attention.

Right now it’s something I have on in the background and if there’s something I need to pay attention to, I do.

100% -- Monday/Tuesday nights I rarely have anything else to "watch" so wrestling is usually on for background noise at least.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I don't watch WWE anymore and have become very disenchanted with NJPW with how they continue to shove gaijins in big spots and ignore their most popular native stars. And before someone says "well it's good that NJPW pushes a lot of gaijins because of Western expansion!" Congrats. You've now argued why it was a great idea for Jinder Mahal to be World Champion because it's the same logic WWE used.

I basically just watch old shows and check forums to see who's hired/fired/dead.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Except Jinder is trash and Omega is top 3 in the world
*Looks at NJPW's 4 top titles*

gmyUnVv

Nice try.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
*Looks at NJPW's 4 top titles*

gmyUnVv

Nice try.

I dont know what im supposedly trying but ok

people rejected Jinders push because hes f***ing trash, not because it was an international push. none of the guys holding NJPW belts are legit trash wrestlers

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
I dont know what im supposedly trying but ok

people rejected Jinders push because hes ****ing trash, not because it was an international push. none of the guys holding NJPW belts are legit trash wrestlers
You've completely misunderstood the point, lad.

Their quality of wrestling is completely irrelevant.

Omega & Juice I'm fine with; they hold those belts because that's what the story called for.

Jericho & Bucks are another story. Jericho literally is only in NJPW and has the IC title because "muh WWE" and the Bucks have it because of Western fans. They have no business being a heavyweight team whatsoever it's a joke if you combined the 2 they maybe weight as much as a , but alas NJPW are so desperate to appeal to Western fans like WWE were so desperate using Jinder to gain Indian fans.

NJPW making ALL of their major champions gaijins as they attempted go to the west and sell out CowPalace is no different than WWE making Jinder world champion as they go to the east.

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF

Omega & Juice I'm fine with; they hold those belts because that's what the story called for.

Jericho & Bucks are another story. Jericho literally is only in NJPW and has the IC title because "muh WWE" and the Bucks have it because of Western fans. They have no business being a heavyweight team whatsoever it's a joke if you combined the 2 they maybe weight as much as a , but alas NJPW are so desperate to appeal to Western fans like WWE were so desperate using Jinder to gain Indian fans.

NJPW making ALL of their major champions gaijins as they attempted go to the west and sell out CowPalace is no different than WWE making Jinder world champion as they go to the east.

while this is all true, theres a reason most people are fine with Jericho and the Bucks holding the belts and werent fine with Jinder, and whether you like it or not, quality of wrestling is the factor

Jericho and YB's were not given the title out of nowhere. they are great wrestlers that put eyes on the title. NJPW put the IC on Jericho because they know that the quality of his work and his background will draw western fans. Jinder was brought from jobber status to champion in the space of a few weeks, put on a horrendous title reign and by most reporters accounts, failed to draw in the targeted region whatsoever. the difference is night and day

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

well, except for Omega, The Bucks and Jericho actually being good in the ring, good promos, able to draw, etc...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I do find the idea of putting the title on wrestlers from a specific place to be rather insulting to to the people from said place.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
NJPW put the IC on Jericho because they know that the quality of his work and his background will draw western fans.
Winner.

They put the title on him and even had him beat by far their biggest native draw Naito because of their desire to appeal to a foreign crowd. That's literally the same logic WWE did when they put a world title on Jinder Mahal.

That's all I'm saying. If people are fine with what NJPW are doing and also didn't have a problem with the reason why WWE strapped a rocket to Jinder, then fair play.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
That's all I'm saying. If people are fine with what NJPW are doing and also didn't have a problem with the reason why WWE strapped a rocket to Jinder, then fair play.

I literally said that in a previous post. noone cared about the India thing as much as the crappy wrestler thing, but I think you are picking an instance of WWE doing it and fans here being to try to show that NJPW fans are hypocrits ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if WWE decided they wanted to expand into Bulgaria for some reason and put the title on Rusev, id be all aboard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad