News Article: Where are they now? Former Oiler Rob Schremp

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Back near my official join date Schremp was the hottest topic.
Good to see him schremployed back in North America.

Power to him. Just don't come back to this organization. That would be too much

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Couldnt even earn a spot in khl! Even in sweden last year he was a extra guy and played his few shifts in pp!

I mean Omark is playing first line hockey in khl and is 5-6 in points overall, hartikainen also doing good in same khl team.

That says a lot of shremps poor skating and very poor defensive coverage!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Still amuses me how he fell from being a top 5 pick to being a guy on some teams do not draft list. I think it was partly due to him buying into his own hype machine. Someone correct me--but I think it was from one of the wings scouts came the info that he was horrible in interviews and came off as overly arrogant and too full of himself.

But of an irony that he is still buddies with Bolland--one reason Schremp fell in the draft was scouts were realizing that Bolland was playing the tough all around minutes and not Schremp--while Schremp fell down the rankings Bolland came up quickly from first being project a 5th rounder

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Nice topic in the the article.

Schremp’s way back to the NHL begins with the Pirates

Guess when no one will hire you in Europe anymore and signing a AHL deal in the means he closer to coming back to NHL!
Well , maybe geographically.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Couldnt even earn a spot in khl! Even in sweden last year he was a extra guy and played his few shifts in pp!

I mean Omark is playing first line hockey in khl and is 5-6 in points overall, hartikainen also doing good in same khl team.

That says a lot of shremps poor skating and very poor defensive coverage!

or it tells me theyre all losers who couldnt make it in a bad organization. there's no reason to defend any of them with "at least" arguments. the KHL means little to nothing in terms of competition. they might make some OK cash because that league is clown town along with the current state of russia but please...

facetiousness aside, im glad theyre playing and having a career playing a game they all grew up playing and put a lot of time into but why try to single one out compared to others?

that's just childish and corny.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
29 already? Time sure flies. Doubt he makes the NHL again, though. Talented, but pretty much wasted the prime of his career away. Too little too late Robbie. Good luck anyway.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
or it tells me theyre all losers who couldnt make it in a bad organization. there's no reason to defend any of them with "at least" arguments. the KHL means little to nothing in terms of competition. they might make some OK cash because that league is clown town along with the current state of russia but please...

facetiousness aside, im glad theyre playing and having a career playing a game they all grew up playing and put a lot of time into but why try to single one out compared to others?

Relax dude! Comparison says the reality that shremp is so bad that he cant earn a spot in khl the no 2 leuage on this planet and not in shl either who is no 3-4.

This isnt a site of pity and shremp has made his bucks so he is secured for a long time.

The article is a joke because shremp will never ever skate in the Nhl again!

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Relax dude! Comparison says the reality that shremp is so bad that he cant earn a spot in khl the no 2 leuage on this planet and not in shl either who is no 3-4.

This isnt a site of pity and shremp has made his bucks so he is secured for a long time.

The article is a joke because shremp will never ever skate in the Nhl again!
No bias here...Omark and Harti had a hard time holding down a roster spot as well.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
No but they are much better hockeyplayers! I can see Harti give Nhl a shot again.
I know all 3 players aren't in the NHL, Schremp is at least playing in the NHL's primary feeder system. I don't think Omark or Schremp ever play NHL hockey again and I will agree Harti is the best of 3 but I don't think he did himself any favors bolting to Russia when he did.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Over a 100 NHL games not that great for a late 1st rounder but he did get to play more than most kids every get.

Bigger failure is MPS

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Over a 100 NHL games not that great for a late 1st rounder but he did get to play more than most kids every get.

Bigger failure is MPS

Too chicken shit to take a hit is what got MPS out of the league.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Not that a lot of it isn't his fault, but I wonder how we would have turned out if a) the team had a real developmental system at the time, and b) Klowne and Curly MacStupid weren't in charge of the team.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
No but they are much better hockeyplayers! I can see Harti give Nhl a shot again.
Hartikainen could have had his shot here. Imagine if he was in NA right now, he would probably have had at least an audition with McDavid.

I know he did play a lot of AHL games, but its not like the Oilers weren't giving him his NHL chances. He played NHL games all three seasons he was here.

I liked this player a lot, and was very disappointed that he chose to leave. Now that he's made a little money I wonder if he'd consider coming back to NA. Oilers still have his rights I think.

Still only 25 and scoring pretty well in KHL. If I was the Oilers I'd at least reach out and see what he says.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Hartikainen could have had his shot here. Imagine if he was in NA right now, he would probably have had at least an audition with McDavid.

I know he did play a lot of AHL games, but its not like the Oilers weren't giving him his NHL chances. He played NHL games all three seasons he was here.

I liked this player a lot, and was very disappointed that he chose to leave. Now that he's made a little money I wonder if he'd consider coming back to NA. Oilers still have his rights I think.

Still only 25 and scoring pretty well in KHL. If I was the Oilers I'd at least reach out and see what he says.

If I'm not mistaken Toronto owns his rights we traded them there, anyways always wanted schremp to be able to be a NHL player he had crazy hands would have been fun to watch, oh well probably to late for him now

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
Too chicken shit to take a hit is what got MPS out of the league.

Surprised he stayed in NA after he cleared waivers.

However, he's got 5 pts in 3 games already fo Chicago. At only 24, he still has a small amount of time to carve out something.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Omark was given a chance with a pourious Sabres team and couldnt do anything of merrit there to stay with them. Hes just another players that is too good for AHL/Europe but not good enough for the NHL.

Harti was way too inconsistent, but i felt like by now he would have a good spot of the 3rd line here Korpi-Lander-Harti would be a solid grinding hard line to play against IMO ...oh well.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Ah well "Rabbie Shrimp" will always have these highlights to look back fondly upon.

Gotta say, for all of his faults he sure could shoot the puck and make that water bottle dance. If only he had learned how to skate at even an AHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad