NHL Entry Draft: when you are having too much time aka anatsu's second top 15 Mock Draft

anatsu

twitter: @finanatsu
May 31, 2010
Finland
It is rumored that Edmonton Oilers could be taking Griffin Reinhart as the 1st overall pick, so I made a new top 15 Mock with some analysis. Here we go.

1. Edmonton: Griffin Reinhart
-Rumored to be on Oilers' radar. Could go as the first overall

2. Columbus: Filip Forsberg
- I think in Columbus the "Russian factor" is maybe the biggest, so they take a guy whom they really like in Forsberg.

3. Montreal: Nail Yakupov
- Too good player to pass for Montreal. Ranked as first, but slips till Montreal's turn.

4. NY Islanders: Matthew Dumba
- Islanders are rumored to be really interested in Dumba, so he goes there, in fourth turn.

5. Toronto: Alex Galchenyuk
- Maple Leafs having lack of leader center in their organization. Gets it with Galchenyuk.

6. Anaheim: Mikhail Grigorenko
- Anaheim having more lack in offense prospects, take Grigorenko with their pick.

7. Minnesota: Ryan Murray
- Minnesota is lucky to get Murray with this pick. No-brainer.

8. Carolina: Teuvo Teräväinen
- Carolina take skilled Finn with their pick. Teräväinen will be a good pair with Skinner on power play.

9. Winnipeg: Jacob Trouba
- Winnipeg gets a good defenseman prospect, where is bigger lack than in offensive end. Trouba is a leader and a good pick right there.

10. Tampa: Cody Ceci
- Tampa Bay and Steve Yzerman take a good defenseman with their pick. Yzerman knows that you build champion teams with defense first.

11. Washington: Radek Faksa
- Washington picks a much-needed center to their system in Faksa.

12. Buffalo: Morgan Rielly
- Could be a steal of the draft. Rielly missed most part of season, but will be a great pick there for Buffalo.

13. Dallas: Olli Määttä
- Dallas gets a great, maybe the most balanced defenseman in this draft. Määttä was great in playoffs with London.

14. Calgary: Hampus Lindholm
- Calgary takes a defenseman, who has prove that he can play against men in Allsvenskan and Lindholm had a big role in Rögle's promotion to Elitserien.

15. Ottawa: Slater Koekkoek
- Ottawa gets the player whom they wanted in Koekkoek.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I actually laughed when I saw Yakupov at 3rd, and then I might've cried a little.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Some sources reporting on twitter that Reinhart could be pretty close to be the 1st overall pick by Oilers. Also Stu MacGregor has said that they are thinking about picking Reinhart.

If the oilers want reinhart they would be smart enough to trade down to 5 so the leafs can draft nail.

Then they can draft reinhart who will be there at 5 and pick up luke schenn along with it.

The oilers may want reinhart. but wont be at 1.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why would Tampa pass on Reilly? He's probably our highest rated player as SY has even scouted him.

jml238

Jun 17, 2012
1st - Yakupov
2ed - Murray
3rd - Galchenyuk*
4th - Forsberg
5th - Grigorenko
6th - Dumba*
7th - Troumba
8th - Faksa
9th - Reinhart
10th - Rielly
This is my top 10. I don't agreed with the above one at all. No was Reinhart ones number 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad